Prediction: SLU to Sweet 16

kwyjibo

It in nice to see someone from the outside who is more optimistic than some of the optimists on this board!--even more than I am which I did not think possible. A 'well balanced team by class, position and talent". Obviously this gentleman has not read all of the super negative posters on this board who say all of our recruits except for Tommie, Kevin and Ian are no good and the team has no future at all becaue we have no "verbals"!

Wow, I would say that is a little bit optimistic. The also have the Bonnies going 20-12 and St. Joe going 11-19. The Charlotte capsule has them going to the NCAA, but the sidebare has them in the NIT. Four teams in the NCAA would be a hell of a year for the A-10.

this guy says 30-8!!!

that is an amazing call from a national scribe. but he has no ink for Kevin Lisch on the all-conf. teams, and I have a hunch that KL will be a major scorer in the league this year.

30 wins in billikenland would be almost supernatural. How many did George Mason and Bradley end up with last year?

not me. i just sent an e-mail to them asking who wrote the a-10 preview. i am astounded by the report actually. have we ever had any writer anywhere be this far over the top about our team than the homers here?

30 wins and a sweet 16 would turn the town upside down considering the typical st louis bandwagon jumping sports fan.

He did not hear that JJ will be out for 4 weeks and our entire offensive scheme has to be changed. I wonder if he had this piece of information if he would have a different spin. Obviously, I am just kidding but he does seem a bit high on his expectations. Lets hope he is right.

Roy,

How many non-conference games does SLU play? 12? 13? 14?

I know 14 is the absolute max for non-confernece and 40 is the absolute max a team can play in a season (40 doubtful to ever happen, 39 rarely). Considering that teams have to allow for four conference tournament games, that leaves...

A possible 6 NCAA tournament games which must be alloted.

A possible 4 conference tournament games which must be alloted.

16 conference games.

14 max non-conference games.

Just being technical, but 30-8 and a Sweet 16 is not possible.

Sounds like he has you guys in the Final Four or NC game. So, smile.