Newborne

MS39120

In regards to VN hair it looks good!!!! Gotta Love It!!

I never post here but read the comments often. There is plenty of complaining about the shots Newborne missed yesterday as if he was the only one missing. I went to the game and I seen him get some nice rebounds and he played good defense. Are you trying to say Newborne lost the game? Some of you have a problem with V having the okay to shoot the ball, or lets say there is a problem with him period. He only has one month left to deal with this BS and until May to deal with SLU period. Thank God!!!

Not all of us have a negative view of VN. I think he has made some big buckets when we needed them and he has missed some too, but then again so does Kevin, Tommie, Ian, etc. VN has averaged about the same FG % as the team if you take the two centers out. He has struggled from 3pt land, but so has Tommie and Dwayne. He always appears to play hard.

Please do not think that those who complain about VN represent all of us. They do not.

Thanks.

3 posts from someone that "never" posts but frequently reads is a real oddity to me

but i would not want to be a player/family member/significant other (didn't you say in one of your earlier posts that you are his girlfriend??) to someone on the team and read this board unless you have the ability to laugh at everything or have very, very thick skin as there will be negative things identified, some of which a neutral observer may say are accurate, but someone in your position may not like at all and there are some things posted that a neutral observer may say are not fair at all, not based on fact that i would imagine could cause someone in your position to become more than angry

you are very brave (or masochistic?) to keep reading here

Hey Ma sorry for offending your sensibilities so much.

Why was your son completely out of shape the first 3/4 of the season? In only the last couple games has he been able to run down the court without being winded and hasn't looked totally overweight? That more than anything else has marred his play this season.

Newborne has nothing to hang his head about and should walk away from the SLU program knowing he helped jump start it. He is a good player and fine human being. I am honored to have been able to watch him play for the Billikens. Good luck in the future VN and MS39120. I know you will have much success in your career.

SLU needs more representation from Newborne type. "VN,JJ,DP,DB" go see Glory Road.

Sorry, Ma, VN has been pretty much a bust at SLU. We needed a PF and were led to believe he was the answer. Not the case. Even Rammer and Earl said it on Saturday a couple of times..."that's not VN's shot" and they came at critical moments in the comeback. VN's gone in two months and we wish him nothing but the best, as we do all past Billikens. But to think he's been the answer to a major gap in this program is not reality. I just don't get UB's playing him over JJ, who we have for another year at a position that we desperately need filled.

... VN = wasted scholarship! But not to fret, that means he carries on in a stoired SLU tradtion. Sekue Barantine. Corey Frazier. Ross Varner. Drew Deiner. Donnie Adkins. Charles Cranford. Tyrone Caswell. Anthony Jones. Simmons. McClain. Trice. On and on it goes. Not his fault.

Let's see if the "storied" SLU education gets put to good use in VN's case. Heaven knows he won't be "playing for money" in a gym near us anytime soon.

I don't get some of this ... I can see being sour on a kid if he looks like he is not trying. But I always though Cory Frazier gave his best as I do VN. The kid accepts an offer ... thats all. I don't think VN ever claimed himself to be the player to fill the gap or that he would be a star. I think UB nissed on his evaluation of VN, as did I after watching him a few early practices.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Okay thats the problem you expected more than what you got. Well it is as simple as this a offer was made, visits were taken and V thought SLU was the place for him. As for him being a bust or a wasted scholarship there is a lot of that going on V is working for a lot more than what he is getting. You people need to calm down keep in mind this is SLU basketball just take what you can get and work with it things could be alot worse. Someone said (he will not be playing basketball for money), playing sounds good just say he may be coaching your kids, or grandkids. (Coach Newborne) I like the sound of that, gotta let him know. Don't get your balls in a knot he's a great leader you know it!!!! Billikens.com gotta love it!!!

When it comes to V and SLU all I can say is Thank God time is almost up!

Bauman, I think that about sums it up as best it could be...he was a reach. UB offered he accepted. Not his fault MS 39120, but this ain't little league where everyone's gonna play nice and it ain't the UK where junior gets a purple star just for trying. By the way, what other D1 schools pursued VN?

Whether you like it or not, I called it as I saw it. Class ahs nothing to do with it ... neither does "picking" on VN because I don't know him from adam. All I can say is that the proof is in the pudding and kid did not, has not and will not deliver. But we're stuck with the offer because BS gave it. And in Brad we trust .. but when the writing is on the wall and all is said and done, Soderberg is out the door if he recruits more VN's over KLs, TLs and even DPs. Why you going to Mississippi and Chipola when you can grab that kind of production off the streets of St. Louis??? If you're gonna fail, at least throw the local kids out there and maintain a local connection. Why are we searching the Texas and West Viriginia and Mississippi backlands for this kind of production.

And I'm sure we all have our personal favorites like skip does or did with Corey Frazier. Hey ... Ross Varner played his heart out. Now how many of you want crud like that manning your five starting spots???? Be real.

The bottom line is this ... winning. We have one center (who might be a power foreward) and three or four guards. The team will only get better if the deadweight is cast off. I actually agree with Mrs. Newborne .. the season can't end soon enough. Just remember to get that degree.

You want a namby-mamby program, keep accepting this kind of production. Frankly ... like my first post in this thread said ... I for one am tired of it.

Corey isn't really a favorite, someone else brought his name up and I said I always felt like he did his best. I feel the same way about VN. I think he gives us his best. I guess I don't feel that you can blame the kid as long as he is giving all he has. The coach made the offer ... If an offer was made to your kid and he tried his best, really gave all he had, but it turns out he just wasn't good enough to be productive at that level ... would he be crud? Bad player evaluation by the coaching staff ... yes. If you felt he wasn't working hard ... then I can see your problem with the kid.

I hope VN can become a coach ... as I stated quite a few times early in the year ... he seemed to be a team leader in practice. Not every player becomes a star.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

VN actually had a good game; he should have passed on the three pointers; his percentage there is so low he'll never climb out of the hole. Where were you guys when RAMON TRICE SET THE SCOLL RECORD FOR THREE POINTERS IN ONE GAME? He did not belong on the Corey Frazier list, but John Redden would have if he wasn't needed so badly at the time.

Sorry about all the bad threads about Vashun, I just think everyone gets grumpy after a loss.

Just curious, did Vashun attend Natchez Cathedral? I am presently living on the Mississippi Coast and my son plays for Mercy Cross HS. A small Catholic 1A school. We played a lot of the small Catholic HS's on the coast and several small very rural HS's in south Mississippi that are often several hours away from Biloxi. Schools like Mt Olive, Stringer, Forrest County Agricultural High School, Bogue Chitto, Popularville, Pearl River, etc.. Due to the distance, they often have to get a charter bus to many of these places and they have the parents go along to help off set some of the expense for the bus. If I can cut out work early, I usually went. It was a great time and I met a lot of the parents and fans of these opposing schools. What great people.

Right now we are in the middle of the tourney on who will be going to states. We already beat Mt Olive (home of Steve 'Air' McNair) and we play Stringer tomorrow night in the finals. This will be at St Johns Catholic in Gulfport. Unfortunately, it the same time as the Bills-Temple game.

Anyway, wishing Vashun a great game tomorrow night aganist Temple.