A10 fans doesn't seem to be expecting much from us.

STLfan

Some threads that mention us.

http://www.ninernation.net/index.php?showtopic=4942

http://www.xsorbit4.com/users/lasallemensh...&num=1120734363

http://www.umasshoops.com/board/viewtopic....f01f07df8f4c3d3

http://www.musketeermadness.com/chatboard/...&PagePosition=1

http://www.musketeermadness.com/chatboard/...&PagePosition=2

Alot of these are predicting the order of finish next year in the A10. My guess is we will finish somewhere between 6th to 9th. The A10 has some good teams but it shouldn't be as tough as the old cusa was.

Just a rough guess given my limited knowledge of the A10 teams. Some of you could probably do better.

1. Charlotte

2. GW

3. Xavier

4. Dayton

5. Temple

6. St. Joes

7. St. Louis

8. Umass

9. Fordham

10. Rohde Island

11. Lassalle

12. Richmond

13. Duquesne

14. St. Bonaventure

XU fans are not going to give us any credit for IV or KL just because we had such a bad season last year. Thats fine with me. But torch was trying to persuade/convert them and thats not going to happen. IV wont be a premier big man until he proves something. The word potential should stop being used to describe someone once they are unsuccessful as a junior. The word should then change to bust.

But like most of the other people on this board, IV has shown me that he has what it takes to be a solid front court man. I expect him to come out aggressive at the beginning of the season.

Weren't we actually predicted by the majority of people to be good in 04-05, and we sucked. Then every previous year we were picked to suck, but we were Top 5 in C-USA.

Predictions don't mean anything, but I cannot argue with some of their predictions based off our last season. I would probably do the same if another team was coming into the A-10 with only 9 wins.

wow, they should not give me internet access at work, I have sucked at productivity today

finally got around to reading the various strings. i thought it was encouraging that the charlotte guy corrected the one original poster that had us in second to last place and moved us up in his analysis.

what is astounding to me is you have fans from what i consider the most disappointing conference this past season dissing us without seeing us or definitely knowing what the hell they are talking about.

the guy that claims he sits in the same pew with coach soderberg but is a xu fan was so clueless it wasnt even funny. one would think a hardcore basketball fan (the guy's thoughts read as coming from someone that knows the game) would do some homework or go see some games locally if he was somewhat of an aquaintence of coach soderberg. instead, he might as well be in cincy.

as someone else wrote though. we should be used to be underestimated and flying under the radar. but still it is hard to take. it would different if all our losses came through by 30 point margins, but we easily could have won another 6-8 games imo and i believe lisch and liddell will be worth that. even if they are freshmen.

if vouyoukas and the pf thing work themselves out. we get to p!ss off a lot of people.

i would love for that post disgrace department meeting to happen in january when soccer tom timmermen has to explain why he didnt see it coming and larry stark tries to blame someone else for not covering the team adequately.

but I can imagine what they say. That being said, if an A-10 fan were to come over on this board and read a few of the posts about how we are going to dominate/do well in the A-10 after finishing with 9 wins last year and losing our top two scorers I think they'd think we are full of it too. The fact is, we underachieved last year and are counting on nationally unknown propsects to deliver us a bunch more wins. I am confident it can be done (largely because I believe in the talent of the recruits) but I think an outsider would probably laugh in our faces.

i dont think anyone is saying we will "dominate" anything this coming year. but to think we cant finish above 500 is just not right. i see somewhere between 14-18 wins and if our bigs come through it will be on the highside of that.

Actually Fordham was a decent and very young team last year. Could be in the running for a post season invite this year.

URI lost 2 seniors for the season last year after 1 game, I think both applied and received an extra year. Those 2 along with their young players that were forced into minutes last year should make them a much improved team.

St Bonny should also be improved, most major contributors return and I remember hearing they had a good recruiting class.

LaSalle had all the problems last summer, but it sounds like the fans are excited about their coach. This year might be rough still but could be a program on the rise in the near future.

Last year these bottom feeders were very bad, especially URI and SBU, I expect they will be much improved. Right now I am not sure where I see SLU fitting into the mix either. While I see the bottom teams getting better I don't know if I see a lot of improvement for the top teams like GW, Temple, St Joes. I like to think we will be around 500 in conference, but too many questions to be answered yet.

I have attended the past two A-10 post-season tournaments (at Dayton and Cincy). SLU today is a middle of the pack A-10 team. If our post-players stay healthy, and if KL and TL live up to their hype, and if DP, LM and DB continue to improve, SLU will win more than it loses in the A-10.

The A-10 will be improved next season, but I don't see any teams the caliber of Cincy, Louisville, UAB or Memphis!

You might not care what they think but at this point they are our brothers and sisters and I for one hope the A-10 (including SLU) wins every non-conference game it plays.

The last thing any SLU fan should talk about these days is anything "that is not nearly as good as they think they are". We are the poster child for that statement.

I don't know what the University's motivation was other than possibly making its identity more formal. However, the United States Postal Service's official designation for St. Louis is Saint Louis. In other words if you want to mail something to someone in a Saint Louis zip code you should properly use Saint Louis, not St. Louis. That doesn't mean it won't get there, but companies which do a lot of mailing would have to use Saint Louis in order to comply with USPS regulations. If you live in a Saint Louis zipcode, take a look at one of your magazines or check out usps.com.

A great deal of computer software (obviously not the post office) has a problem with Saint rather than St. Ours had to be patched to change it. I'd always heard that saint spelled out come up earlier in alphabetical listings so someone at the university thought it was preferable. It's a moot point in any case. No one uses it other than the official po site and the Bills uniform makers.....

Would hope we'd finish above the likes of URI, St.Bonawelding Tech, LaSalle, Fordham, and Duquense. As for IV being league's dominant big man....over the top is an understatement. I would hope though that TL or KL or both make the all Frosh team. If we have two first year first teamers that's going to make some people stand up and take notice. The guy who sits next to UB in Church should move back to Cincy.

As an A10 follower I can say that some of you you are under estimating Fordham and probably UMass. Fordham has some very good young talent returning and the program is on the upswing. I think the coaching change at UMass will help, coupled with the fact they have a some decent players returning especially 6'9" Rashawn Freeman.