NIT Game Thread SMU at ISU

2 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

IS makes the extra pass and doesn't bail on their offence.

They actually have an offense

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I like how Schertz believes in the second half comeback as opposed to Ford’s belief in the second half collapse. 

Ford really did buy into the second half collapse, gotta admit thats 

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I like how Schertz believes in the second half comeback as opposed to Ford’s belief in the second half collapse. 

I forgot that coaches can say things at half and possibly change the trajectory of games in the second half

15 point swing to ISU lead this half

1 minute ago, thatskablamo said:

It’s like the crowd at an Irish wake. They have to know it’s an end of an era if they lose. 

I'm on my meds as I'm awake so maybe dumb ? but have we ever been in same situation as the poor tree lovers x da ol' Wabash? Spoon kind of I guess

thatskablamo and 93sporty like this

Trees win 101-92.

That was good coaching and a darn good team.  Schertz switched to a zone, which slowed down SMU, then the Ponies missed shots.  ISU-Blue Offense, when it's clicking looks like poetry in motion.  I love the back doors on feeds from Avila.

Minnesota at Indiana State this weekend.  I'm afraid this is going to take a while, my friends.

Power 5 overlords literally stole $2M minimum from that ISU-Blue team and its Valley partners.  There is no way from here to Pluto that awful Virginia team should have been in the NCAA ahead of Indiana State.  That was the very Power 5 conference slotting the Committee claims does not happen.  Right, and we'll take bids on the Golden Gate Bridge too.

Lord Elrond likes this

Just now, Bay Area Billiken said:

Power 5 overlords literally stole $2M minimum from that ISU-Blue team and its Valley partners.  There is no way from here to Pluto that awful Virginia team should have been in the NCAA ahead of Indiana State.  That was the very Power 5 conference slotting the Committee claims does not happen.  Right, and we'll take bids on the Golden Gate Bridge too.

You're back, BAB.

Also screw the big 10. Time to go Caddyshack on the gophers.

Avila can't guard athletic big men underneath.  Defense will need to be better. But gutty win from Sycamores.  I was pulling for them.  Good crowd.

I feel for the ISU fans worked up over all this but they hired away a coach who brought a player with him from Lincoln Memorial.  Plus they have multiple transfers.  This is how it is now.  Maybe it'll work out for SLU for once.  A few demonizing the Chaifetzes they wish they had a Chaifetz.