SLU Baseball 2024

OkieBilliken

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billikens open a 3-game series with Western Illinois tomorrow in Millington, TN.   We actually played at that stadium last year when our home series with Lamar was relocated there due to field conditions.   From what I recall, SLU ripped their hearts out with a couple of dramatic wins and then Lamar decided they didn't want to play the Sunday game.  

Western Illinois lost a road series 2-1 to Austin Peay but could have easily won the Sunday game and the series this past weekend.  WIU didnt play midweek but Austin Peay then went to Starkville, MS and took out perennial SEC powerhouse Mississippi State twice. 

College baseball is crazy.      

TheA_Bomb and DirtyRican like this

11 hours ago, BillTheCat said:

6 scoreless innings pitched by the two freshmen pitchers, and the offensive onslaught continues.

I was there with my oldest for the middle 5 or so innings, the freshman Yarberry was awesome.  The middle of the line up can rake.  

Pistol and BillTheCat like this

24 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Billikens open a 3-game series with Western Illinois tomorrow in Millington, TN.   We actually played at that stadium last year when our home series with Lamar was relocated there due to field conditions.   From what I recall, SLU ripped their hearts out with a couple of dramatic wins and then Lamar decided they didn't want to play the Sunday game.  

Western Illinois lost a road series 2-1 to Austin Peay but could have easily won the Sunday game and the series this past weekend.  WIU didnt play midweek but Austin Peay then went to Starkville, MS and took out perennial SEC powerhouse Mississippi State twice. 

That Millington Stadium is really cool.  We played a CUSA tournament there one year and almost made a miracle run before getting bounced by Houston.  UH beat us 5 times that year and had several guys who went on to the bigs.

OkieBilliken likes this

23 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Leathernecks always a tough out. They gotta deal with Macomb, Illinois day in and day out. That’ll put hair on your chest. 

22 hours ago, DirtyRican said:

That Millington Stadium is really cool.  We played a CUSA tournament there one year and almost made a miracle run before getting bounced by Houston.  UH beat us 5 times that year and had several guys who went on to the bigs.

Cougs 20-7 in 99 if memory serves me right, but old Ricky Jones at Tulane was everyone’s daddy that year. I hated when they came up to SLU with their “Pelicans on the Bat” unis like the Cardinals. Green Wave went to Omaha in 01. 

6 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

Leathernecks always a tough out. They gotta deal with Macomb, Illinois day in and day out. That’ll put hair on your chest. 

Cougs 20-7 in 99 if memory serves me right, but old Ricky Jones at Tulane was everyone’s daddy that year. I hated when they came up to SLU with their “Pelicans on the Bat” unis like the Cardinals. Green Wave went to Omaha in 01. 

We ran out of meal money and pitching!

OkieBilliken likes this

8 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Officials have not arrived.   Delayed start.  ☹️

Umpires? Or SLU officials? Wouldn’t surprise me either way. I’m sure home plate blue was lunching over at Pop’s in Sauget and hit some traffic on the 40/Grand exit. 

5 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Umpires? Or SLU officials? Wouldn’t surprise me either way. I’m sure home plate blue was lunching over at Pop’s in Sauget and hit some traffic on the 40/Grand exit. 

Game is at neutral site in Memphis suburb.   Should be starting in about 5 mins