Open Practice Report?

SLU_Nick

18 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Thanks for the observations on heights. Do you have thigh measurements as well? Can anyone measure up with Thatch? Dude had some trunks on him, should have been playing football.

We only get that kinda data from Courtside on female Middle School soccer players. 

14 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

I was really impressed at Parker’s ability to create his own shot and score on all 3 levels. I will bet he is our leading scorer this season. Hopefully Ezewiro gets a waiver as he is a beast. LH II shot looked really good. Dalger was everywhere. 

Shoutout to referees tonight for not making a lot of calls. Must not have been A10 refs as zero illegal screens or 3 second were called.

Props to Medley who was laying on the ground in front of us with cramping. He was about to curse when he looked up and saw my daughter and politely screamed darn it. 

Just an observation…if you are going to have an event like this, make sure the atmosphere is lively. It was almost too quiet for a team hype event. Also, find students to attend. I did not see many, if any. 

I liked the accessibility of the players afterwards. I got a nice photo of Bruce and my little one. He is really tall. 

One of the refs was coming over and taking to people sitting in front of me. He said he just got moved up to the Pac 12. I also believe he said that he would be one of the officials for the exhibition games.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Always a little suspect of these practice reports. I remember when Brad recruited that PF Newbourne and folks were raving how good he was. Pffft, in actual games the air came out of that balloon real quick. 
Still, its good to read the reports on Jr. and Parker. A question how tall is Thames? It’s been reported anywhere between 6’5- 6-8”. Front court is worrisome as we await answers. 

Practice reports are tough.

Does an awesome looking offense mean the defense sucks?

Does a poor looking offense mean the defense is awesome? 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Practice reports are tough.

Does an awesome looking offense mean the defense sucks?

Does a poor looking offense mean the defense is awesome? 

We live in the information age.  The only players on this team with a reputation for defense are Hughes, Thames and Medley.  We will attempt to turn teams over but that's not really who these guys are.  We're going to win games by making jump shots and taking care of the ball.

2 hours ago, 4thgenBill said:

One of the refs was coming over and taking to people sitting in front of me. He said he just got moved up to the Pac 12. I also believe he said that he would be one of the officials for the exhibition games.

Ed Crenshaw?

On 10/21/2023 at 10:05 AM, thetorch said:

Zhang is legit 7 foot or taller.  SVB is 6'10.  Mougasa is 6'8.  Brad is 6'7, Dalger as well.  Thames is shorter than those two but not by much. High end of 6'5 or 6'6.  Hughes is slightly smaller than Thames, about the same as Jimerson.  Hargrove is 6'3 or a short 6'4 but he could be 235 or 240.  Parker has gained some weight too.  He looks nice.  Cian is short, but not as slight as I thought.  MM is plus 6 feet.  The Serb is 6'2.

Ditto, Zhang is a tower. Also had more weight on him than I had expected - he could be a surprise contributor this year. 

I think Brad is taller than @thetorch gives him credit for here but often times the wider a player the shorter he looks. I'll meet him in the middle at 6'8". 

I don't care how tall Thames is, he's a legit frontcourt option. Big things to come from him. 

Cian is going to be an all-time great Billiken point guard, that I'm sure of. It might not be this year but there's a lot to like from that kid. 

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

Ditto, Zhang is a tower. Also had more weight on him than I had expected - he could be a surprise contributor this year. 

I think Brad is taller than @thetorch gives him credit for here but often times the wider a player the shorter he looks. I'll meet him in the middle at 6'8". 

I don't care how tall Thames is, he's a legit frontcourt option. Big things to come from him. 

Cian is going to be an all-time great Billiken point guard, that I'm sure of. It might not be this year but there's a lot to like from that kid. 

He can hang with A10 power forwards is what I mean by this. He's big athletic and versatile.