Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

5 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

SLU wins by forfeit? Adam Wainwright's concert beats the ghost of Prince?

Play on the ice at Enterprise?  Timberwolves are on the road, maybe at Target Center?

No! Target center has a concert on Saturday night too!  This could get really interesting….

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

One of my favorite men's games ever was at family arena.......I'm sure that's available.  Bring the ladies home!

Really? I went to one Bill's NIT game there. I. found it miserable. same game?

3 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Enterprise and Family Arena are both available Saturday. 

Yeah, but the floor is set up for hockey now, they don’t have a non-hockey event until May. Doubt they’d go to the expense of redoing the floor for BB, then having to re-do again for the next Blues game, not for a women’s BB game 

4 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Yeah, but the floor is set up for hockey now, they don’t have a non-hockey event until May. Doubt they’d go to the expense of redoing the floor for BB, then having to re-do again for the next Blues game, not for a women’s BB game 

Family Arena, too? I have no idea what goes on at Family Arena haha, I'm closer to there, anyway.

9 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Family Arena, too? I have no idea what goes on at Family Arena haha, I'm closer to there, anyway.

Maybe. I don’t see anything scheduled at Family Arena until April 30th, but I also know that St Charles County (the owners) are putting in $13 Mil in upgrades to the place this year, including new seats and HVAC system. Where does that work stand? I have no idea..

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

Maybe. I don’t see anything scheduled at Family Arena until April 30th, but I also know that St Charles County (the owners) are putting in $13 Mil in upgrades to the place this year, including new seats and HVAC system. Where does that work stand? I have no idea..

They can play at the new basketball courts in Tower Grove Park 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

They can play at the new basketball courts in Tower Grove Park 🤷‍♂️

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

This is going to be interesting, and remember, since it’s not a campus event, but someone else’s place, they are going to want some $$$ for this. Who’s paying?

From the WNIT website:

The Gophers (20-15) will take on Saint Louis in the title matchup, which is set for tipoff (location TBA) at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 6, to be broadcast by CBS Sports Network.

So it’s TBA arena for now…

How much seating can they put up in the practice gym area at Chaifetz?  I remember at Majerus’s funeral there was bleacher seating setup for it.  Not saying that’s a great solution, but it’s something.

9 minutes ago, TRN said:

How much seating can they put up in the practice gym area at Chaifetz?  I remember at Majerus’s funeral there was bleacher seating setup for it.  Not saying that’s a great solution, but it’s something.

I think around 1000 max for a Volleyball game. But the bleachers are set up for a Volleyball sized arena, not basketball.

3 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Move Wainwright concert to Enterprise 

Zac Brown Band is big enough to sell 60 to 75% of an Enterprise sized arena. Adam is just the icing on the cake for our weirdly devoted country fan base in the area.

41 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Minnesota has Maturi Pavillion used for Volleyball, 3M Arena used for Men's Hockey and Ridder Arena used for Women's Hockey

Are any of those suited/prepared for basketball, though, is the question.

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Maturi Pavilion hosted the Minnesota State High School Girls Basketball Tournament https://www.mshsl.org/sites/default/files/2024-03/2024 Girls Basketball Spectator Guide_0.pdf

We aren't getting a local game. Unfortunately.

I at least want a neutral site. I feel like that's not unreasonable for a championship. Maybe the other twin city across town or something.