Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Women's team - you have to give the coach at least 3 -4 years to build their program especially if the team was really down like ours was when she came in.

May and his entourage can stay - saves some money - but you can't let him hire the new coach - he can be on a small committee (3-4) but his vote carries no more power than the others.  After the new coach is hired you can start to ease him out.  The problem with getting rid of him now is that by the time you hire a new AD you will miss the window for a decent men's team hire.  At this point you neuter him and let him take care of the day to day stuff and that is really it.  What I am afraid of is that he hamstrung us with the Champion Center since we owe a bunch on that.

You won’t miss the window for a decent hire if you bring in the A.D. and coach as a tandem.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be pretty unusual, but what if you identify an up and coming coach who you believe would turn the program around?  The coach, however, is hesitant to make the move because of the current A.D.  You then first offer the current A.D. from the candidate’s school, who he conceivably has a good relationship with.  That new A.D. then hires the coaching candidate.  Voila.

7 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

I think it would be pretty unusual, but what if you identify an up and coming coach who you believe would turn the program around?  The coach, however, is hesitant to make the move because of the current A.D.  You then first offer the current A.D. from the candidate’s school, who he conceivably has a good relationship with.  That new A.D. then hires the coaching candidate.  Voila.

What if we just play cowboys and Indians

VCU is very good. 8-2 in a stronger-than-usual A10 and 19-3 overall.

Looks like SLU's cold shooting came back in the second quarter. Can't have two straight quarters like that and win against VCU.

12 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Brooklyn Gray’s ankle acting up again, she had to come out of the game.

She also took a shot in the side of the head on a rebound after coming back in.

That third quarter isn't going to get it done. SLU often has a late run in them but -12 against a better team is too deep a hole.

VCU is a very good defensive team. They get their hands on everything. The blocks/steals stats don't do it justice.

I am surprised how much Brooke Flowers really meant to our D.  Even though we force turnovers, our defense is pretty suspect.  I am giving Tillett a pass this year, considering she accomplished something no one else has.   Hopefully when she gets full recruiting classes in she is better at constructing a roster than the other guy.   

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m trying to recall if WBB has always had these huge swings, or if the quarter system has influenced it. Swings are way similar to the NBA. 

They seem like they are happening more this year.  The problem is they can’t shoot 3’s to make up ground once they get behind

2 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

They seem like they are happening more this year.  The problem is they can’t shoot 3’s to make up ground once they get behind

Where is Jenny Vilet when you need her?

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Where is Jenny Vilet when you need her?

Practicing law in California, lol.

Edit: she's back in Chicago, my info is old. I used to be Facebook friends with her since we talked as students and liked the same music, but she's (smartly) deleted all her social media a few years ago.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour