Jump to content

O.T. Game 162 A. L.


Recommended Posts

OK,  sorry to start this baseball topic , but what a crazy day this could be... First need my #1 seed Rays to sweep the Yankees. 

Nationals to beat the red sux, I mean red Sox 

Toronto and the Home Run Jacket to beat the Orioles

Seattle to beat the Angels 

IF all this happens 4 way tie for 2 Wild Card spots ...

As the great Brett Phillips says ... Baseball is Fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BLIKNS said:

OK,  sorry to start this baseball topic , but what a crazy day this could be... First need my #1 seed Rays to sweep the Yankees. 

Nationals to beat the red sux, I mean red Sox 

Toronto and the Home Run Jacket to beat the Orioles

Seattle to beat the Angels 

IF all this happens 4 way tie for 2 Wild Card spots ...

As the great Brett Phillips says ... Baseball is Fun

Braves and Cards already in, I’m cheering for chaos! Also hoping the Dodgers win and Giants lose, so they have a 1-game playoff for the West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be at the NL Wild Card Game Wednesday, Cards vs. LA Dodgers at Chavez Ravine, short flight down, procured my ticket today. I'm in the 3rd level behind home plate, should be able to see Uncle Charlie drop and hopefully some Scherzer sliders hang, even in the brutal early game shadows (5:10 Pacific start time).  That start time and resultant shadows could be a major factor the first half of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Just looked this up.  Not sure if it is surprising or not, but there have been 117 world series that have been played.  Six teams have won 71 of those World Series.

The 4 in the wildcard. 
A’s and Giants make up the other 2? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

The 4 in the wildcard. 
A’s and Giants make up the other 2? 

Correctamundo.  And the way the A's are being treated in Oakland, including by the woke local government, the San Francisco based and pro-Giants Bay Area Media, and a certain other team allegedly running interference behind the scenes, you would never know the A's have 9 World Championships (to the Giants 8), 4 of them in Oakland (to the Giants 3 in SF, and the Giants have been out here 10 years longer).

Oakland is in danger of losing 3 professional sports franchises in a matter of several years, the NBA Golden State Warriors, who moved back to San Francisco, away from their East Bay fanbase, the Raiders of the NFL (for a 2nd time), and the A's.  Oakland decided to keep the A's ahead of the Raiders, the latter of whom are Oakland, and now risks losing the A's too.  You can't legislate stupidity.  But by all means, save the whales!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Correctamundo.  And the way the A's are being treated in Oakland, including by the woke local government, the San Francisco based and pro-Giants Bay Area Media, and a certain other team allegedly running interference behind the scenes, you would never know the A's have 9 World Championships (to the Giants 8), 4 of them in Oakland (to the Giants 3 in SF, and the Giants have been out here 10 years longer).

Oakland is in danger of losing 3 professional sports franchises in a matter of several years, the NBA Golden State Warriors, who moved back to San Francisco, away from their East Bay fanbase, the Raiders of the NFL (for a 2nd time), and the A's.  Oakland decided to keep the A's ahead of the Raiders, the latter of whom are Oakland, and now risks losing the A's too.  You can't legislate stupidity.  But by all means, save the whales!

I don’t live in the Bay Area, so I don’t know all the ins and outs, and feel free to correct anything I have wrong here @Bay Area Billiken, but I mostly subscribe to the idea that cities shouldn’t be paying to build stadiums for sports franchise owners. If you want to give them tax breaks or whatever, great. But it shouldn’t be tax payers’ responsibility to fund a shiny new stadium just so the A’s don’t move. But that’s just me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I don’t live in the Bay Area, so I don’t know all the ins and outs, and feel free to correct anything I have wrong here @Bay Area Billiken, but I mostly subscribe to the idea that cities shouldn’t be paying to build stadiums for sports franchise owners. If you want to give them tax breaks or whatever, great. But it shouldn’t be tax payers’ responsibility to fund a shiny new stadium just so the A’s don’t move. But that’s just me.

The A’s are willing to pay for their own waterfront stadium. The City pays for the infrastructure. The biggest current issue, among a number of stumbling blocks, is how much affordable housing the City is requiring the A’s to pay.

The Giants likely really want the A’s out of the Bay Area, are using their SF media allies to lobby for a new A’s stadium at the Coliseum site, which is in a depressed neighborhood, is a drive in and out park, and has no ancillary development possibilities.

BART has a Coliseum station, which is a positive for that site. BART is not near the A’s proposed Howard Terminal waterfront site, which is a negative for that site.

Public entities do not build the pro stadiums in California. That is politically untenable out here.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

The A’s are willing to pay for their own waterfront stadium. The City pays for the infrastructure. The biggest current issue, among a number of stumbling blocks, is how much affordable housing the City is requiring the A’s to pay.

The Giants likely really want the A’s out of the Bay Area, are using their SF media allies to lobby for a new A’s stadium at the Coliseum site, which is in a depressed neighborhood, is a drive in and out park, and has no ancillary development possibilities.

BART has a Coliseum station, which is a positive for that site. BART is not near the A’s proposed Howard Terminal waterfront site, which is a negative for that site.

Public entities do not build the pro stadiums in California. That is politically untenable out here.

 

 

Appreciate you clearing that up. Yeah that sucks. I’ve heard the Coliseum is a dump. I’m so used to not having an decent public transit that I never really think about how many other cities rely on it day toy day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Appreciate you clearing that up. Yeah that sucks. I’ve heard the Coliseum is a dump. I’m so used to not having an decent public transit that I never really think about how many other cities rely on it day toy day.

BART is decent if it goes where you are going.  It was planned to circle the Bay, but still does not.  LA was built for the automobile, so even with more recent attempts at light rail, the system down there is still very spotty, still insufficient amount of lines.  Dodger Stadium is a drive in, primarily automobile accessed ballpark, 1960's.  The Stadium itself has been significantly upgraded.  But the bathroom lines are way too long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, Bay Area Billiken said:

Correctamundo.  And the way the A's are being treated in Oakland, including by the woke local government, the San Francisco based and pro-Giants Bay Area Media, and a certain other team allegedly running interference behind the scenes, you would never know the A's have 9 World Championships (to the Giants 8), 4 of them in Oakland (to the Giants 3 in SF, and the Giants have been out here 10 years longer).

Oakland is in danger of losing 3 professional sports franchises in a matter of several years, the NBA Golden State Warriors, who moved back to San Francisco, away from their East Bay fanbase, the Raiders of the NFL (for a 2nd time), and the A's.  Oakland decided to keep the A's ahead of the Raiders, the latter of whom are Oakland, and now risks losing the A's too.  You can't legislate stupidity.  But by all means, save the whales!

But they will always have Mark Curry. You can’t take that away. “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper” arguably the most underrated television program of the 90s. Gave to us the beautiful Holly Robinson Peete, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Freddie is the man!

Need dodgers to win tonight to give fantastic 3 man starting staff another day off.

Remaining options:

Red Sox - nope ('04 & '13 WS)

Astros - absolutely not (cheaters)

Dodgers - nope ($$$)

Giants - nope ('12 & '14 NLCS, seem like they've had a unicorn up their @ss all season & in the other WS seasons too)

Braves - ehhh, I guess they're the least bad option.

GO BARVES!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Remaining options:

Red Sox - nope ('04 & '13 WS)

Astros - absolutely not (cheaters)

Dodgers - nope ($$$)

Giants - nope ('12 & '14 NLCS, seem like they've had a unicorn up their @ss all season & in the other WS seasons too)

Braves - ehhh, I guess they're the least bad option.

GO BARVES!

 

Absolutely Barves! Superstation Nation!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...