Baseball

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:
Billikens swept UMASS this weekend. Here’s a recap of the series. And a look forward to upcoming games 

I know I can easily check results on the website, but I have appreciated all of the updates from those who follow the program. Keep them coming. Does anyone go to the games? If so, do they sell beer similar to soccer games?

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know I can easily check results on the website, but I have appreciated all of the updates from those who follow the program. Keep them coming. Does anyone go to the games? If so, do they sell beer similar to soccer games?

They do serve beer at least on occasion/weekends But it’s also not a bad idea to get yourself a styrofoam cup and pack yourself a cooler. Nobody should bother you if you keep it low key.

46 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

+1

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Billikens beat Bradley 3-2. Last out on a diving catch with runners on 1st and second 

Awesome!  I follow on Twitter, they do a great job of updating.  

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It’s a shame we don’t have the capabilities to stream games. It’s also a shame we don’t have a stadium with comfortable seating and decent concessions 

Yes and yes.  

Good news for game one!

I know the A10 isn’t a strong baseball conference, but since we’ve been on such a tear and beat B1G teams and all, do you all think are we’re still looking at having to win the conference tournament to get an NCAA bid? D1baseball.com has us projected as a 4 seed in Arkansas’ region but that’s likely assuming that we’re the A10 rep. 

48 minutes ago, Billikid said:

Good news for game one!

I know the A10 isn’t a strong baseball conference, but since we’ve been on such a tear and beat B1G teams and all, do you all think are we’re still looking at having to win the conference tournament to get an NCAA bid? D1baseball.com has us projected as a 4 seed in Arkansas’ region but that’s likely assuming that we’re the A10 rep. 

The team’s RPI is around 100.

1 hour ago, Billikid said:

Good news for game one!

We have to win the tournament 

Baseball team is at least receiving votes for the top 25 (2) in the coaches poll that was released today.  If we finish the season strong, I don't see it as out of the question to get an at-large without winning the conference tournament.  That being said, let's take care of our own business.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/baseball/polls/coaches-poll/

-------------------------------------

Well, if I post the good, I should post the bad too.  RPI still only at 100.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

DirtyRican likes this

• 3 weeks later...