Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, chillinthemost said:

#firepestello

Lol seriously? I am also frustrated with the investigation. But a university president’s job is so much more than that. Under Pestello SLU is tackling its financial issues while climbing up in the U.S News rankings. They have record freshman enrollment. He has a vision to invest heavily in research.

Has this been handled in the most efficient way? I don’t think so, but I’m just an average joe fan with extremely limited knowledge. Who knows what’s actually going on with this.

Fire a university president for a slow title ix investigation? Give me a break.

HoosierPal and NH like this

8 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Lol seriously? I am also frustrated with the investigation. But a university president’s job is so much more than that. Under Pestello SLU is tackling its financial issues while climbing up in the U.S News rankings. They have record freshman enrollment. He has a vision to invest heavily in research.

Has this been handled in the most efficient way? I don’t think so, but I’m just an average joe fan with extremely limited knowledge. Who knows what’s actually going on with this.

Fire a university president for a slow title ix investigation? Give me a break.

#firepestello 

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I just really enjoy when someone who just arrived on campus last year tells us how to feel about leadership. 

I'm not telling you how to feel. I also don't claim to be an expert on SLU leadership. I'm not, and I'm sure you know more about it. 

I'm just pointing out that it seems silly to get your panties in a bunch wanting to see a university president fired over something like this. 

I'll say this to you yet again: It's ok to relax every once in a while man. 

teamarete likes this

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Differing opinions is different than telling someone what to think. I guess that’s lost in today’s climate.

I'm not seeing 615 telling you what to think.  I am seeing his opinion.  

But yes, today's climate is TOXIC.  That we agree on.  Toxic particularly in regards to sexual harassment.  First thing each morning, I'm looking for who was accused last night.  Perhaps this past month of Breaking News has impacted the IX investigation?

12 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Jalen can shoot. Starting to feel bad lumping him in with the others 

.409 on the season is excellent. Johnson is 9/22 and I wouldn't mind seeing him shoot more. And Roby's .346 isn't terrible - the issue there is that he's been at .392 and .384 in the previous two seasons, so we just need a little more consistency.

The problem is everyone else. Goodwin is 2/22 from the arc (Psimitis has the same number of makes in 2 attempts) and Hines is 6/26. We never thought Bess was going to be much of a shooter from deep, so his 2/12 isn't a shock.

With Goodwin, I wasn't expecting him to have more than 2 or 3 attempts per game from the perimeter, but because he's learning the PG position with 4 of our 5 best shooters sitting out, he's been under a tremendous amount of additional pressure and obviously his shot has not arrived yet (he wasn't the greatest shooter in HS, either, but he's facing the perfect storm right now). His shot selection has been okay, given the circumstances, but we should also see that improve when he has options on the perimeter.

It cannot be overstated how big a void we have right now, and what that's doing to the offense. That Billikens Stats tweet says it all.