GDT SLU vs George Mason #FreeThe3 Freddy P.

CBFan

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Billy Ken said:

Good thing, if anyone tries to talk to him they'd get their elbows pinched, eyes scratched out and hit over the head with a purse. 

Is that a Doug Christie wife reference? If so, classic :) 

Billy Ken likes this

Brian Kunderman keeps saying this season will bring us our first triple-double. Goodwin was so close.

On the bright side, his 11 assists put him in a 6-way tie for the 7th-most assists all-time in a single game. Jett was the last to do it, on 1/22/14 against Duquesne. Jim Roder's 18 is hard to top, LaTodd Johnson is second with 14, Roder is there again at 13 and in a 3-way tie at 12, and then six guys now have had 11 in a game.

Roby scored a career high today. He needs 5 points to hit 1000, and now he'll do that on Wednesday at home against Duquesne. It would be nice if whoever shows up that day gives him some recognition. He's been a warrior lately.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Brian Kunderman keeps saying this season will bring us our first triple-double. Goodwin was so close.

On the bright side, his 11 assists put him in a 6-way tie for the 7th-most assists all-time in a single game. Jett was the last to do it, on 1/22/14 against Duquesne. Jim Roder's 18 is hard to top, LaTodd Johnson is second with 14, Roder is there again at 13 and in a 3-way tie at 12, and then six guys now have had 11 in a game.

Roby scored a career high today. He needs 5 points to hit 1000, and now he'll do that on Wednesday at home against Duquesne. It would be nice if whoever shows up that day gives him some recognition. He's been a warrior lately.

Talk about a kid who has gone through a lot of bad things in 4 years at SLU...Davell has handled things so well. I'm happy he's about to break 1000 points. 

24 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

Talk about a kid who has gone through a lot of bad things in 4 years at SLU...Davell has handled things so well. I'm happy he's about to break 1000 points. 

Roby is now tied with Drejaj for 8th most three's made in a career at 142. He'll end up either 8th or 7th, ahead of McCall's 161, but Cody Ellis' 6th place of 194 is likely out of reach.  His current 3 % is sandwiched between McBroom and Highmark.  Quite a marksman!

15 hours ago, Zink said:

Why in the fuok does Hines consistently have the ball in his hands in clutch situations

Coaching. He has a scholarship, but he’s a walk-on talent-wise. He should be scared to shoot those shots, but he has no fear and an unbelievable leash due to the staff allowing. It honestly looks like he has the green light 

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Coaching. He has a scholarship, but he’s a walk-on talent-wise. He should be scared to shoot those shots, but he has no fear and an unbelievable leash due to the staff allowing. It honestly looks like he has the green light 

First of all he is playing with house money so to speak.  What does he have to lose?  Second, when JJ is cold as ice which is happening more and more lately it seems and until yesterday Bess has been reluctant to shoot from outside and Roby has one of his cold streaks he has in games who else will shoot?  Goodwin also does not take the shoot very often either.  When you are one of basically 3 guards who shoot reluctantly and you are know the coach has to play you at sometime because you are the only warm body left - why not shoot!  Those of us who said before that if HInes played many minutes this year we would be in trouble - well we did not expect how this would happen (S#2) - we just thought that if that happened it would be because AD and JB were not playing well - oh well.

4 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

About a month ago, after shooting something like 1 for 8,  Ford said on the postgame show that he told to Hines to keep shooting. (Maybe he shoots lights out in practice and Ford thinks (thought) that he'd come around. Anyway, he had been given the green light and it appears it's still green.

25 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

About a month ago, after shooting something like 1 for 8,  Ford said on the postgame show that he told to Hines to keep shooting. (Maybe he shoots lights out in practice and Ford thinks (thought) that he'd come around. Anyway, he had been given the green light and it appears it's still green.

So do you think the others are not given a green light?  Just because the coach says it is OK to shoot doesn't mean that you should take a shot 3-4 times in a row missing each one.  At some point you have to become more selective for your own peace of mind.

34 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Well I’m hopeful for next year. Hopefully Santos is better than Anthony. Even if he’s not, Gordon, JJ, French, and a healthy Foreman is a good frontline, potentially great. At guard Goodwin and Bess is a strong starting backcourt, Thatch and Pearson will provide depth off the bench. We have uncertainty with the other 4 scholarships AD, TG, EW, and JB. Biggest needs if none return are back up and starting wing next to Goodwin and Bess. Interior is strong regardless of what happens.

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

So do you think the others are not given a green light?  Just because the coach says it is OK to shoot doesn't mean that you should take a shot 3-4 times in a row missing each one.  At some point you have to become more selective for your own peace of mind.

Oh, I'm not defending him. I can't wait for the Hines era to end. All I'm saying is that even after a terrible night shooting, (actually several) the coach specifically said on the air that he told  Hines he wants him to keep shooting. I didn't understand it then, and I can't believe it's still in effect. This whole season's going down the shitter and it seems that Hines (when in the game) always has the ball in his hands near the end of the shot clock.

And it's not just his shooting, his passing ain't that great either. He's just not good enough for D1 play but we've only got a handful of players to put in the game.

9 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Oh, I'm not defending him. I can't wait for the Hines era to end. All I'm saying is that even after a terrible night shooting, (actually several) the coach specifically said on the air that he told  Hines he wants him to keep shooting. I didn't understand it then, and I can't believe it's still in effect. This whole season's going down the shitter and it seems that Hines (when in the game) always has the ball in his hands near the end of the shot clock.

And it's not just his shooting, his passing ain't that great either. He's just not good enough for D1 play but we've only got a handful of players to put in the game.

I understand but my point was that just because you can doesn't mean you should.