GDT: SLU vs Rockhurst

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slu72 said:

Man, Rockhurst has some 3 pt shooters. We should have recruited that Mensch kid, he's a sniper.

This is such a Drew Diener team. Pesky, alert, and loaded with shooters. Can't let them frustrate us.

Just now, Taj79 said:

Still enamored with that [dead] connection, eh Pal?  If [dead] and his recruits showed us anything, its they can't play consistently at this level.  Give it up.

Can't agree about Zeke. Dude could stroke it and was coming on on both ends at the end of the year. I can understand why he transferred, but in light of situation 2, we could use him right about now.

I pay great attention.  Why don't you dissect the plays for me however.  I see perimeter passing and then one-on-one to the basket.  I don't see pick-and-rolls, back screens for three pointers, cutters to the basket or much of anything.  At least Deiner's offense is geared to a set-up jumper three.

1 minute ago, Westy03 said:

No. 0-21?

Not quite. He's 0-17 right now. 0-12 after the first game and he's missed all 5 tonight. Even when he's fouled going to the hole, they're not rolling in.

What he needs is a breakaway dunk. Tear the gotdamn rim off. He needs something cathartic to get going.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

I pay great attention.  Why don't you dissect the plays for me however.  I see perimeter passing and then one-on-one to the basket.  I don't see pick-and-rolls, back screens for three pointers, cutters to the basket or much of anything.  At least Deiner's offense is geared to a set-up jumper three.

Diener’s offense is a motion offense. That’s why it looks so orchestrated. 

You really didnt notice an offense on that last possession? Two back screens and a ball screen to let Goodwin work...

Just now, Pistol said:

Not quite. He's 0-17 right now. 0-12 after the first game and he's missed all 5 tonight. Even when he's fouled going to the hole, they're not rolling in.

What he needs is a breakaway dunk. Tear the gotdamn rim off. He needs something cathartic to get going.

Like Antoine Tyler in the sixth man....without the heart attack.