The 350 Club

almaman

We, like the coach take 'em 1 game at a time so now bring on NC A&T who last we heard were down in the lowest of echelons in points with us. I'm guessing our recent improvement has lifted us out of the lowest 2% but if someone can post where we're at in the rankings before the weakling weekend wingding.

Kenpom:    

297 Saint Louis (7-15)

Billikens · St. Louis, MO
                                                                                                                                               Head coach: Travis Ford
                                                                                                     Atlantic 10 Conference

283 on Sagarin before last night's win over 127 George Mason. I'm guessing we'll be a 14-15 point favorite Saturday. N.C. A&T lost to UMass by 6 and Ga. Tech by 7 so they've got some ability, but 7 of their 9 MEAC losses have been by double digits. Got to be tough to keep a team together when the losses keep piling up.

283 on TeamRankings this morning. One thing we must keep in mind is that N.C. A&T looks at us like we probably are the only team they can beat and will be hungry for the win, this may be a more difficult game than we are anticipating. Agree it is tough to keep a team together when the losses keep on piling up, this season we have had a whole load of experience with exactly this type of situation.

I just looked up NC A&T. They are an astounding 1-21!  Holy crap, we better win that game.

They won their opener against Greensboro and have a 21 game losing streak. And why are we even playing them? Won't Rockhurst return our calls anymore?

25 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I just looked up NC A&T. They are an astounding 1-21!  Holy crap, we better win that game.

They won their opener against Greensboro and have a 21 game losing streak. And why are we even playing them? Won't Rockhurst return our calls anymore?

After the last couple years Rockhurst didn't want to take a chance that we would hurt their strength of schedule ranking.

32 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

That's not UNC-Greensboro, either, but a smaller division school. NC A&T is the only D-I team without a D-I victory this season. They're 350 out of 351 in the RPI right now, 349th in KenPom, and 350th in Sagarin. Alabama A&M is the only team below them in all three, and I think that's a combination of the fact that AA&M played a slightly easier non-conference schedule and has a slightly lower chance of winning a conference game in the remainder of the season. Still, NC A&T plays in the worst conference and there's a chance they won't win a game in it.

In short, NC A&T is abysmal this season, even by their very low usual standards. Even with a depleted roster, this should be an easy win.

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That's not UNC-Greensboro, either, but a smaller division school. NC A&T is the only D-I team without a D-I victory this season. They're 350 out of 351 in the RPI right now, 349th in KenPom, and 350th in Sagarin. Alabama A&M is the only team below them in all three, and I think that's a combination of the fact that AA&M played a slightly easier non-conference schedule and has a slightly lower chance of winning a conference game in the remainder of the season. Still, NC A&T plays in the worst conference and there's a chance they won't win a game in it.

In short, NC A&T is abysmal this season, even by their very low usual standards. Even with a depleted roster, this should be an easy win.

Not that it would matter much, but I noticed they've only played 7 home games out of the 22 so far. They have 6 of their last 8 at home after playing here Saturday night.

good posts, but my 350 thing was in reference to someone on here (Wiz?) posted that we were 349? out of 351 in one or maybe all 3 slash line stats; points, 3 pointers and total foul shots made. As I recall both teams were in the bottom 3 of that stat. Love it when #1 and 2 ever play each other and never even thought of a battle between lowest 2 teams in D-1. good to be rising in rankings also.

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

Not that it would matter much, but I noticed they've only played 7 home games out of the 22 so far. They have 6 of their last 8 at home after playing here Saturday night.

That's not uncommon for the bottom-tier D-I conferences. They're a buy game for almost everyone, so they can only get a few non-conference home games a season.

36 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Just do not make fun of NC A&T before we beat them, they are very bad and will most likely lose against us. Just do not jinx it before it happens.

They lost at Umass 65-59 in December. We barely got by Umass 74-70 here a week or so ago. So there's that. But still, we should blow the doors off of them. But we seem to do everything the hard way.