Lance Armstrong??

What does everyone think about this guy? Is he clean? I hope so after hearing the All American Boy stories as a kid of a similar named hero, was it Henry Armstrong??

Anyway after reading the BALCO news reports and seeing guys like Mark Maguire and Barry Bonds in person with my own eyes, I don't know what to think any more. Those guys were juiced to the gills, believe me.

But with LA beating cancer and showing up the frogs at their own game, I would hate to hear about a new wonder drug.

He tossed his wife not long ago too. I hadn't heard he was implicated in the Balco mess. I'd hate to see it. The tour de Lance is a big American FU to the Frogs.

By the way guest, since when does battling America's favorite disease mean you get to shread the rule book? Maybe that's why Quin looks so tanned....

>He tossed his wife not long ago too. I hadn't heard he was

>implicated in the Balco mess. I'd hate to see it.

Yeah, for Sheryl Crow :).

Not BALCO, but rather using other performance enhancing drugs that increase stamina and oxygen levels in the blood. Supposedly this is widespread in cycling and LeMond basically said that Armstrong is the ring leader. I'd hate to see it too, his story is amazing.

I'd rather sleep with John Edwards wife than that skanky ho.

Maybe Roy is right. Maybe world was a better place when the athletes ere skinny and unathletic and the basketball shorts were speedo short. No one ever claimed Easy Ed was on juice. They'd have laughed at that one......

I am rooting for Lance to make it 6 straight and I happen to think his story is an amazing one to say the least. If he is juiced in any way then he is somehow a bigger miracle man than first thought as he has been one of the most tested athletes in history.

I like Lance ride a bike manufactured by Trek...we just don't ride the same model or anywhere near the same speed.

BR...you are a very friggin hard man to please, as I could be happy with Ms. Crow who by the way was a former Missourian.

i seem to think ms crow is attractive and extremely talented. in fact, if the current mrs billiken roy left me, (which as far as i know isnt going to happen for at least about 60 more years) i would put ms crow second in line behind paige davis from trading spaces in the "next" category.

but if billiken rich thinks sheryl crow is a skank, i have to assume his tastes in musical women must run more in line with julie andrews maybe?

Lance gets tested at least 25 times a year. They get tested every day during the Tour de France, and at the start and conclusion of every other cycling event. If you wear the yellow jersey, you get tested.

Facing cancer, strange enough, was the VERY motivation LA needed to get his butt in gear and win. He gets tested more often than Darryl Strawberry, and there are riders booted every year from the Tour, so you know he is clean. Some people don't like him kicking everyone's ass all over the place.

He has proven time and time again that no one can beat him, so if he is taking drugs, they are the same ones that Michael Jordan used.

and hard to keep on the topic. I wasn't concerned about his love life and just saw the OLN show about today's ride as I was having a late lunch with my beautiful wife in the pub downstairs from my office. It was impossible to hear the announcers and I could only watch with one eye, but it looked like an incredible performance. I saw these guys in person last year when they raced around the brutal hills in San Francisco and was astounded at their ability. I have an old 10 speed that I get off an push up these hills (hint: the sidewalk is steps) they are so damn steep and these guys race up and fly down!!

I agree that all records are in question these days, it has taken some of the fun out of being a sports fan. But I don't know what else to get into at this stage of my life.

It was only after I bought myself a Trek road bike and began riding it around St. Louis county that I began to realize how athletic the pro cyclists are.

Lance has been the most tested athlete on earth for the past few years. He trains harder than anyone else, has more athletic

endurance and faster recovery than anyone else.

None of the cyclists recently nailed for drug usage have come close to beating Lance in the overall Tour de France competition. It doesn't hurt that he has assembled the best team in the world around him.

I think this whole issue just needs to go away (not on this board, but in general). This guy has done for cycling what no other person has ever been able to do...make it popular. Honestly, I couldn't care less about cycling and I think most of the country is with me. But what Lance is doing is making me take notice. I think it's amazing that he has been able to win so many TdF's and his performance in the mountains is spectacular. The guy has never failed a drug test and the only thing we have to go on is some jelous biker who has a vendetta against Armstrong. If he's doping, then he should deal with the consequences. But until there is solid evidence, these allegations are going to ruin the reputation of arguably the greatest American cyclist of all time. The Outside the Lines last night remined me of a Michael Moore movie...

I used to defend Sheryl Crow against my wife who agrees with Rich. But then my wife pointed out that she is a SPUMAC grad and was grand marshall in their homecoming parade so now I am with Rich, she stinks.

Lance won stage 16 today and is just days away from his 6th straight tour. There are lots of very serious cyclists here in the Tampa Bay area and many of the more competitive ones were quoted the other day, and none of them think he is juiced.

By the way, my 21 year old daughter went cycling with her old man the other day and happened to think that she was going to leave me in her dust. She was very surprised to see me stride for stride with her on the bike trail.

well i dont know anything about this biking stuff, but i do know that sheryl crow and paige davis are attractive ladies. thus the root of my comments. :-)

I'd like to take Michael Moore and Sheryl Crow and fire both of them out of a cannon. Ms Crow turned her back on Missouri long ago. She isn't attractive in the slightest to me or all that talented. Her music doesn't pass the "hear it more than twice and still like it test."

To Billiken Roy: My taste in female vocalists runs the gamut from Janis Joplin to Enya to Tori Amos so the Julie Andrews crack might be some what justified. By the way despite age and probably the same number of years of hard use as Ms Crow, Tori Amos has more raw sex appeal than the most famous Spumac grad ever dreamed of having.

1) My buddy is a competitive cyclist and thinks Armstrong is clean, a great cyclist, and a jerk as expected. Greg LeMond is a bitter man.

Even novice me knows that one.

2) Paige Davis? hmm...I have seen the pictures of her trashed dancing on tables at a charity function recently, very, very provocatively. That girl Paige. In NYC on business, saw where Ms. Davis in "Chicago" production currently on Broadway. Crow? Can't sing a lick, songs are not my speed. Pretty good for an older woman...as in 40 plus category. But not on any other level.

My woman was on the front page of the USA Today sports page today. Julie Foudy. I tore my ACL in the summer of 94 and was stuck to the couch for 2 weeks, she did commentary on the mens world cup that year. She gave me comfort in my time of need ... I just find her so damn sexy.

Oh yea ... I don't think LA is juoced

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman