Hughes getting more involved

Westy03

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget his work in The Perfect Score, in which he's (stretching as) a basketball player trying to get the minimum eligible score to play at St. John's the following season, and decides to help a group of students steal the answers to the SAT:

MV5BMTkzOTY5MjU2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzAz

If Larry Hughes has a tremendously talented son or money to give, I want him associated with SLU.

(In all seriousness I don't know anything about Larry Hughes' personal life, either real or rumored.)

there was a very cute young man (probably 8 or 9 years old) sitting with Larry Last Tuesday night when i talked to Larry. Larry actually promised me that the little guy was a billiken to be. :D

Well Pistol time to make the Recruiting 2022 thread. Add him to the interest list because I don't think we've offered yet. WHAT IS CREWS WAITING FOR?!?!

Well Pistol time to make the Recruiting 2022 thread. Add him to the interest list because I don't think we've offered yet. WHAT IS CREWS WAITING FOR?!?!

omg.... the prodigal son... and here i thought Tatum was the one to fulfill the prophecy. This thread needs to be locked and removed before larry reads it

True, but replace some with most. A lot of these elite athletes come from ###### backgrounds with ###### parents and then are completely entitled because of their ability to play a game and that attracts a different form of ###### people idolizing them and trying to take advantage of them. Most big time athletes are ###### people. To dumb it down, think about the kids who were the best athletes at your high school. Were they also the smartest, most likeable, funniest, nicest, most ethical/moral, and most humble students in your class? Probably not. Their strengths happen to lie in an area that for whatever reason our society has placed a high value on and that entitles them to get a way with being ###### people. Kudos to big time athletes that aren't massive dickheads.

Great post.

Larry Hughes was on with Frank today. He did mention his son future Billiken Larry Hughes Jr who is 12 and is apparently with him at the gym every night. Also some good classic Frank moments of going with whoever he is watching at the moment being the best ever. This time it was Steph Curry.

Also some talk of when he was at SLU and Larry going through recruiting but mainly some NBA talk and about his D1 program.

Looks like our classmate David Lee will jump Larry this year in career earnings ($91 million vs. $85 million). Bradley Beal will be at $19 million after this season, the final year of his rookie contract. Unreal how much money these guys have at such a young age (Beal is 22).

And Beal is about to get PAID

I wasn't even talking about the gambling stuff. For the most part everyone at least has some idea about his gambling habits. I am talking about him sucker punching teammates, the affairs and paying money to coke dealers.

None of that is a big deal. The worst thing he did was draft Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison.