2015/2016 Schedule

Scoop

I guess we are looking to start a couple home and homes this coming season with Vandy and ISU ending. All I can think of so far on the schedule is Wichita State at home and probably SIUC there. I know there was some talk of the possibility of starting the Missouri State series as well. Anyone heard anything?

A bad schedule hurt this year. We couldn't beat all the bad teams. Our computer numbers were historically bad. Doing that again next year makes next to zero sense. Is maybe picking up another 2-3 wins in the non conference schedule worth not being as prepared for the A10 and worth hurting our computer numbers whether we win or lose? I guess so if you're admitting that we aren't Tourney level next year. Which doesn't seem like something they should admit to the fans

A bad schedule hurt this year. We couldn't beat all the bad teams. Our computer numbers were historically bad. Doing that again next year makes next to zero sense. Is maybe picking up another 2-3 wins in the non conference schedule worth not being as prepared for the A10 and worth hurting our computer numbers whether we win or lose? I guess so if you're admitting that we aren't Tourney level next year. Which doesn't seem like something they should admit to the fans

Agreed. But I'm betting the schedule is going to be very weak again.

Agreed. But I'm betting the schedule is going to be very weak again.

I'm hoping the need to sell tickets trumps what we usually do. I'd guess attendance won't be too great to start the season (outside of the opener) after the team's performance this year and playing Texas Pan American won't boost that.

We know Wichita State will be back at Chaifetz, so it would be hard for the schedule to be much worse than last year's. The November tournament couldn't be much worse than Bradley and Miss State were. I'm just hoping for bad teams like SEMO rather than bad teams with no hook or connection to the area like Pan American or NCAT.

Early season tourneys that still have available spots left. Las Vegas Invitational, Hall of fame event, Global Sports challenge, Global Sports invitational, Rainbow Classic. The rest are small bad ones.

-ok, who wants to play us? we're 272 in the rpi, it takes two to tango

-ok, who wants to play us? we're 272 in the rpi, it takes two to tango

What replaced the Valpo series after last year? We were in a great spot and chose the cupcake schedule (which didn't help). Could have started a series with someone decent. Yeah that's just one game, but I never understood the thinking on that one.

Early season tourneys that still have available spots left. Las Vegas Invitational, Hall of fame event, Global Sports challenge, Global Sports invitational, Rainbow Classic. The rest are small bad ones.

A lot of the open events are showcases/Round Robin formats. More than likely you would host a few cupcakes and the have an away game at a BCS school.

We know Wichita State will be back at Chaifetz, so it would be hard for the schedule to be much worse than last year's. The November tournament couldn't be much worse than Bradley and Miss State were. I'm just hoping for bad teams like SEMO rather than bad teams with no hook or connection to the area like Pan American or NCAT.

Actually, that was the second year of a home-and-home series: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/saint-louis-wichita-state-agree-to-home-and-home-series/ - So unless there was a renewal I didn't hear about, we're done with WSU for the time being.

It just sucks that after all of the recent success, we are talking about rebuilding from scratch and even struggling to schedule against mediocre programs.

You get a big second on this. It still burns that we've fallen this far. For the last 3 years we were somewhat in the national spotlight at this time of year. Even some of the gurus were saying we could be a Cinderella and a dangerous team. Now we are so far off the radar it's like we're invisible.