GDT: George Mason

JettFlight5

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gillllmannnn and Jolly are young, but they really need to develop for this team to be good next year...and beyond. Isn't Neufeld a big? and isn't he suppose to be good?

OK, by what I heard from the announcers, GM shoots FTs in the mid 60%s. Tonight they had the FT night of their lives with what has to be well over 80%. That plus the fact that they went to the FT line 10 times more than SLU sealed the game for them. Crawford played well.

OK, by what I heard from the announcers, GM shoots FTs in the mid 60%s. Tonight they had the FT night of their lives with what has to be well over 80%. That plus the fact that they went to the FT line 10 times more than SLU sealed the game for them. Crawford played well.

Our lack of offense and their offensive rebounding were bigger factors. They were the better team tonight.

I am continuously amazed at the inability of our centers to rebound. Manning has 0 in 10 minutes. Jolly looks about the same with 1 in 16 minutes. Gillmann was decent tonight with 3 in 12 minutes. I guess that's because he has the best hands of the 3. What is it? Hands?positioning? Failure to block out? Too slow? Too passive?

I am continuously amazed at the inability of our centers to rebound. Manning has 0 in 10 minutes. Jolly looks about the same with 1 in 16 minutes. Gillmann was decent tonight with 3 in 12 minutes. I guess that's because he has the best hands of the 3. What is it? Hands?positioning? Failure to block out? Too slow? Too passive?

I don't think JM can jump. A guard or forward could easily out jump and out muscle manning for a rebound

Doesn't help that they're sent back to cover defense instead of going for offensive boards. I feel a lot of it is getting out of rebounding position due to help defense and trying to block shots

Thought this was an interesting quote from the A10 Board from a George Mason fan

I don't know if it was just a bad night or what but SLU might be the worst team I've seen all season. No energy or motivation, especially in the second half. One of the few opponents that has come to the Patriot Center in the last 2 years and NOT outhustled the Patriots.

Sorry Billikens fans, but it looks like a long year for you guys.

And here's some from Mason's board

This game reminds me of the 2001 CAA Finals except both of these teams are utterly retarded.
We are lucky that their offense is as horrid as ours
How St. Louis almost beat VCU is beyond me. They are just not a good team. They are just young and raw. Their forwards are softer than Charmin. We should just post on them all day and night.

As bad as we've been, I shudder to think what our record would be without Shevon.

Kid has absolutely defied conventional wisdom that JUCOs need a full year to adjust to D-I.

SLU had nobody who could guard him. We should've gotten him more than 7 FG attempts.