GDT: Davidson and Goliath

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarborough and Roby are looking good. Bartley kept playing. Hopefully Yacabou is still getting acclimated like Juco players do. McBroom did his disappearing act. Manning is Manning. Lancona and Agbeko both need to be shown the door. Neither can help us win. We need players who can. Crawford isn't far behind them.

Yarborough and Roby are looking good. Bartley kept playing. Hopefully Yacabou is still getting acclimated like Juco players do. McBroom did his disappearing act. Manning is Manning. Lancona and Agbeko both need to be shown the door. Neither can help us win. We need players who can. Crawford isn't far behind them.

Thanks for your summarized amateur assessment. Go drink your latte!

Glad I missed this pile of . What the happened? Seriously, what happened? Losing by 35 is absolutely unacceptable. We aren't Bryant University. That shouldn't happen. Were we just that terrible at defending the 3?

Glad I missed this pile of ######. What the ###### happened? Seriously, what happened? Losing by 35 is absolutely unacceptable. We aren't Bryant University. That shouldn't happen. Were we just that terrible at defending the 3?

We looked like we were moving in quicksand on D, the offense was 30 seconds of passing it around the perimeter with no idea of where a shot might come from, shots were forced and not in rhythym, we were dominated on the glass, and shot 16% from three and 48% from the line. Other than that, ... no, I'm not going to joke about we were OK otherwise. It was an embarrassing performance.

Who I really feel sorry for are the ones who spent 6 bucks to watch it online. It was painful enough watching it for free.

Yes we will be better in 2-3 years and we are so young blah blah blah. Losses like this are inexcusable and we should not accept mediocrity as fans nor as a program. Certain players are underperforming, period.

The difference between us and the programs that we want to be is that we always come up with an excuse.

And I wouldn't care if we lost 100% of our minutes from last year, we should never lose by 30+ points to effing Davidson

Excuses only work to a certain degree....tonight we reached that tipping point. If Lancona is going to be garbage on D, slow on both ends of the court, shoot poorly...then sorry but he has to go. This isnt a case of "lets be nice", this is business. Clearly he can not fill the role we need him to do. The freshman all look like keepers. MY, MB, DR, MR, AG all look like solid players (still need polishing of course) and BJ just needs more time. Crawford has his few moments...but needs to stop trying to drive and just sit back and shoot the ball when he is open (tired of seeing this hesitant scared to shoot the ball bs). Agbeko........not enough adjectives to describe. Yacoubou need to keep his head up when he drives (no wonder he hits the underside of the backboard so much). Finally McBroom.....if he cant hit the jumpers...then BENCH HIM. The only way he is an asset is if he can be a 3pt threat. Sadly I dont see many A-10 games in which McBroom is going to be that big asset. It sucks to be negative about a team I have loved since I was 10 years old...but just like any other sport....why shouldnt we expect more? Why shouldnt we be critical when guys just simply are not getting it done. I never expected us to even make the NIT this year, but I also never expected to see as much awful play as we have thus far.

The worst losses in Billikens history

@ Oklahoma St 86-33 2/22/46 53 points

Vs. Creighton 69-25 1/10/43 44 points

@ Cincinnati 84-41 3/4/00 43 points
@ UCLA 108-67 12/29/67 41 points

@ Kent St 81-40 11/28/07 41 points

@ Drake 104-65 1/4/69 39 points

@ Louisville 88-49 2/3/73 39 points

@ SIUC 108-69 12/1/90 39 points

@ UAB 84-55 2/20/93 39 points

@ Duke 84-47 12/11/10 37 points

@ Virginia Tech 112-76 2/20/82 36 points

Vs, Kansas 60-25 1/1/43 35 points

@ Marquette 84-59 3/19/63 35 points

@ Louisville 94-59 2/27/78 35 points

@ Xavier 77-42 1/14/82 35 points

@ Davidson 89-54 1/10/14 35 points

Living in NC, this was my first time watching SLU play in person this year. The only saving grace was that Davidson fans were kind to us SLU fans, at least the 20 or so of us that were there. Davidson executed every play just about perfectly. Every screen, 'back-door' pass, etc...we were just outplayed. They were very quick...seems like our guys were always a step behind. And we were flat. No excitement, no chemistry...almost like they were bored. We couldn't get open for a decent shot, especially in the paint, and our shooting % shows that. Not sure what happened with free throws. Rebuilding, yes...but we have some major fundamental issues. Davidson is a solid team with a good coach, however we never should have lost by this much.

Living in NC, this was my first time watching SLU play in person this year. The only saving grace was that Davidson fans were kind to us SLU fans, at least the 20 or so of us that were there. Davidson executed every play just about perfectly. Every screen, 'back-door' pass, etc...we were just outplayed. They were very quick...seems like our guys were always a step behind. And we were flat. No excitement, no chemistry...almost like they were bored. We couldn't get open for a decent shot, especially in the paint, and our shooting % shows that. Not sure what happened with free throws. Rebuilding, yes...but we have some major fundamental issues. Davidson is a solid team with a good coach, however we never should have lost by this much.

Screen - what is that? Haven't seen a decent one yet from us all year.

For those demanding more and not accepting mediocrity, I'm curious as to what action you are gouing to take besides bitching and whining on a message board. I always laugh when fans aren't going to accept poor play. I'd love to find out just how you are going to not accept this level of play.

For those demanding more and not accepting mediocrity, I'm curious as to what action you are gouing to take besides bitching and whining on a message board. I always laugh when fans aren't going to accept poor play. I'd love to find out just how you are going to not accept this level of play.

Typically it would be seen in less fans attending games and less money going to the athletic program and university.

Skip, are you calling this mediocre? Most are calling it ugly.