Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are going to be years where SLU's recruiting is really strong locally and there are years that Martin gets the best St. Louis players. 2019 just happens to be a year where two of the top 3 players (McKinney, Hargove) have stronger personal connections with Mizzou and/or Martin than they do with SLU. And Liddell is an Illinois lean, who will get even bigger offers. I actually like our chances better with the top 2020 kids than I do the top 2019 kids. If we didn't have a coach who could pull talented players from outside the region, 2019 could be a problem.

Fortunately, we have a strong enough recruiting staff that the program no longer has to live and die with local recruits.

mizzourah is playing with serious fire in the athletic department..... football is king in the sec.... mizzourah has a mediocre coach who can't recruit.... going to break ground on a half azz stadium expansion, by sec standards is already behind the curve... overpaid for a mediocre journeyman coach in basketball.... which is going to truly eff up their football coaching search when Odom is fired... Les Miles will command double what East St. Martin is making.... then comes the basketball program getting kneecapped by the NCAA for their recent recruiting shenanigans.....Tilmon taking remedial high school classes at a juco just graduate high school.... enjoying that dumpster fire as much as Odom's football ticket commercials....you fight on true sons.... blue chips sure is fun!!! 

18 minutes ago, keyser soze said:

mizzourah is playing with serious fire in the athletic department..... football is king in the sec.... mizzourah has a mediocre coach who can't recruit.... going to break ground on a half azz stadium expansion, by sec standards is already behind the curve... overpaid for a mediocre journeyman coach in basketball.... which is going to truly eff up their football coaching search when Odom is fired... Les Miles will command double what East St. Martin is making.... then comes the basketball program getting kneecapped by the NCAA for their recent recruiting shenanigans.....Tilmon taking remedial high school classes at a juco just graduate high school.... enjoying that dumpster fire as much as Odom's football ticket commercials....you fight on true sons.... blue chips sure is fun!!! 

Straight fire 

45 minutes ago, keyser soze said:

Follow Mizzou football......bowling this year.

21 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

You want to explain or nah?

Lol = I thought it was funny.  No hidden message.  That Cartaere topic was discussed last high school season.  I think he has built a good relationship with the SLU staff but Gordon has been known to change his mind over the years.  It was just funny to me that the topic has been brought back up.  

59 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Yeah.  It never fails in this forum.  Good observation 

Yeah...I was thinking along the lines that no true billiken fan would think gordon possibly looking elsewhere was funny.

But glad you got some chuckles out of it though!

10 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Lol = I thought it was funny.  No hidden message.  That Cartaere topic was discussed last high school season.  I think he has built a good relationship with the SLU staff but Gordon has been known to change his mind over the years.  It was just funny to me that the topic has been brought back up.  

Just curious are you a local high school coach? 

14 hours ago, keyser soze said:

What fire?