OT: Donald Sterling

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a mess. Current players probably have too much pride to tank (or boycott) this playoff series, but I can't imagine any worthwhile free agent wanting to play for him. (He's going to be straight out of the running for some, and others will probably command a premium to sign with the Clippers.) Hopefully the NBA takes serious action against him.

Also, a history of Mr. Sterling's racism: http://deadspin.com/your-complete-quotable-guide-to-decades-of-donald-sterl-1568047212

So what?

He just got scammed, for money and spite, by a woman who taped him, so he got caught. How many comments are made every day that are not recorded?

Let me know if you think all of the black players in the NBA are 100% clean, never candidly made any racist remarks themselves. It definitely works both ways.

He is a typical super rich powerful man who has gotten away with everything his whole life. I do not condone what he said, it appears he is a racist jerk but lets be realistic, at least on this board. On the other hand, the foo foo national media will run with this for months.

It is so much easier if you adopt Army style rules: everybody is green, and there are good people and bad people. You choose who you associate yourself with. It always pays to be polite even when you are ripping someone apart. It always pays NOT to associate with bad people.

The thing that surprises me most about this is that it hadn't happened earlier - people have known that he is like this for decades. A number of people were surprised that he was able to get Doc Rivers and Chris Paul to join him due to his racism.

The thing that surprises me most about this is that it hadn't happened earlier - people have known that he is like this for decades. A number of people were surprised that he was able to get Doc Rivers and Chris Paul to join him due to his racism.

Of course they knew about him. They went there, stayed there, for the dream jobs, the big money. So what does that make them?

+1. Everyone knew the guy was a owner along with a racist long ago. Hell the federal government knew it. If I were a free agent or coach, I think my agent or myself would have known this.

Also spare me the outrage from Chris Broussard. He of the gay hate group. Hypocrite.

1.) He almost didn't sign off on getting Doc Rivers

2.) The league basically handed them Chris Paul

I call for an investigation of Stephen A Smith. How this guy can be on TV is beyond me.

There are plenty of regulars on sports TV that have done things and said things that are very inappropriate but are still on TV somehow. Particularly from the NFL.

LA Chapter of NAACP spoke out today about why they were going to honor him and why they no longer will. Stephen A Smith called for a full investigation if that chapter of the NAACP.

I bet the NAACP winds up calling for national boycotting of the Clippers games and sponsors if the NBA does not get Sterling out of his ownership position.

So what?

He just got scammed, for money and spite, by a woman who taped him, so he got caught. How many comments are made every day that are not recorded?

Let me know if you think all of the black players in the NBA are 100% clean, never candidly made any racist remarks themselves. It definitely works both ways.

He is a typical super rich powerful man who has gotten away with everything his whole life. I do not condone what he said, it appears he is a racist jerk but lets be realistic, at least on this board. On the other hand, the foo foo national media will run with this for months.

I can't believe this board doesn't call you out more often for your indefensible positions.

Oh, he is a 80 year old super rich Jewish lawyer, a clear old school selective racist who thinks he is bulletproof. I do not condone his statements. I am sure there are more owners that have said some similar things.but they were not recorded by a money grubbing strumpet.

What I say it true. Most intelligent people on this board knows it but are afraid to say so. He was taped by a woman scorned.

Hell, if you secretly taped what black NBA players say all day, there would be things on that tape just as bad as what Sterling said.

He should be punished severely, fined, some ownership power taken away, NBA voting rights, but not lose his ownership. He can be an ###### if he wants to be. Even Bill Maher agrees. But his business will be affected and he will be wise to sell and get out.

Examples, racists like Louis Farrakan and Reverend Wright are still is doing their jobs. Several TV sports commentators are on the air, some have said things as bad, some have DONE things even worse than this guy. Ray Lewis, Marshall Faulk. et al.

They get to keep going unscathed. Sterling will pay a far bigger price, he is finished as a citizen, and if he keep his ownership, he will be an outcast at best.

Of course, in the meantime and if he maintains ownership we can expect the typical massive boycotts and protests vs. the Clippers and more importantly, their advertisers and sponsors. And probably buses to his lawn.

Do you think Doc Rivers is #1) stupid or #2) a hypocrite? He's been there a long time, knows Sterlings history, yet he sure took his millions of dollars in salary for all these years. Now that it is blown up with national publicity by this incident, Doc is now indignant, siding with his brothers. So what is he? I say, # 2).

Again, Sterling is a old super-rich arrogant racist. It will be interesting to see what the NBA does. Will he hide behind a medical condition, eg say he is on medications for dementia, onset of Alzeheimer's, get MD's to say he is losing it? It will be classic big buck power lawyers versus today' s most powerful force, political correctness and social justice.

The NBA; what a stage. What a story.

It will go on for a long time even after the NBA announcement. Reverand Al will fly all over to get in on the fun and the $$$$$$.

What a great chick he picked for a girlfriend on the side!

OK, tell me where my facts are not accurate, and my assumptions are not credible. Tell me.

So what?

Actually Sterling is the son of immigfants and grew up dirt poor and is part of a minority group as well, which maes his insensitivity shocking. Also, his attitudes towards blacks in a mostly black league should not be tolerated. Its unkniown who he has hurt over the last 30 years with discriminatory practices.

Oh, he is a 80 year old super rich Jewish lawyer, a clear old school selective racist who thinks he is bulletproof. I do not condone his statements. I am sure there are more owners that have said some similar things.but they were not recorded by a money grubbing strumpet.

What I say it true. Most intelligent people on this board knows it but are afraid to say so. He was taped by a woman scorned.

Hell, if you secretly taped what black NBA players say all day, there would be things on that tape just as bad as what Sterling said.

He should be punished severely, fined, some ownership power taken away, NBA voting rights, but not lose his ownership. He can be an ###### if he wants to be. Even Bill Maher agrees. But his business will be affected and he will be wise to sell and get out.

Examples, racists like Louis Farrakan and Reverend Wright are still is doing their jobs. Several TV sports commentators are on the air, some have said things as bad, some have DONE things even worse than this guy. Ray Lewis, Marshall Faulk. et al.

They get to keep going unscathed. Sterling will pay a far bigger price, he is finished as a citizen, and if he keep his ownership, he will be an outcast at best.

Of course, in the meantime and if he maintains ownership we can expect the typical massive boycotts and protests vs. the Clippers and more importantly, their advertisers and sponsors. And probably buses to his lawn.

Do you think Doc Rivers is #1) stupid or #2) a hypocrite? He's been there a long time, knows Sterlings history, yet he sure took his millions of dollars in salary for all these years. Now that it is blown up with national publicity by this incident, Doc is now indignant, siding with his brothers. So what is he? I say, # 2).

Again, Sterling is a old super-rich arrogant racist. It will be interesting to see what the NBA does. Will he hide behind a medical condition, eg say he is on medications for dementia, onset of Alzeheimer's, get MD's to say he is losing it? It will be classic big buck power lawyers versus today' s most powerful force, political correctness and social justice.

The NBA; what a stage. What a story.

It will go on for a long time even after the NBA announcement. Reverand Al will fly all over to get in on the fun and the $$$$$$.

What a great chick he picked for a girlfriend on the side!

OK, tell me where my facts are not accurate, and my assumptions are not credible. Tell me.

How about the part following your own bolded statement? This is Doc Rivers' first season working for the Los Angeles Clippers. You are a strumpet.