OT SPUMAC: And the hits just keep on comin'

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm not to sure about that one.

It's really not even close. Nebraska just put big money into their facility, hired a great coach, and are giving him resources to win. They will contend in the Big Ten next year. He just hired Jim Molinari as an assistant who was head coach at WIU.

It's really not even close. Nebraska just put big money into their facility, hired a great coach, and are giving him resources to win. They will contend in the Big Ten next year. He just hired Jim Molinari as an assistant who was head coach at WIU.

Can't believe I am going to stick up for Mizzou, but their basketball facilities are as good as Nebraska. Mizzou's might not be brand new, but they take a back seat to few programs in the country when it comes to basketball facilities.

The problems aren't the facilities. It is the dysfunction that surrounds the program.

Can't believe I am going to stick up for Mizzou, but their basketball facilities are as good as Nebraska. Mizzou's might not be brand new, but they take a back seat to few programs in the country when it comes to basketball facilities.

The problems aren't the facilities. It is the dysfunction that surrounds the program.

Also "program" typically doesn't refer to "next season alone."

I'm pretty sure Haith just knew he had one year to show results and didn't like the look of the roster next season and cowered.

This thread does read like the one after Quin Snyder got fired though. Shouldn't most of you consider it to be a bad thing that he's leaving Mizzou?

I can't tell if you guys are serious. They barely and I mean barely made the tourney for the first time in like 20 year's, yes they should make it next year but base on how much that school gives a hoot about basketball I dont see them going back after that for a while. Mizzou has had a team in the past 4 years who by many were favorites to win it all. Mizzou is more of a basketball school then Nebraska has been, or will ever be. A new practice gym only means you have the funds to do it, (thanks big 10 FOOTBALL)by far far far measurements does this mean you have the tradition or program to prove the worthiness.

I'm pretty sure Haith just knew he had one year to show results and didn't like the look of the roster next season and cowered.

This thread does read like the one after Quin Snyder got fired though. Shouldn't most of you consider it to be a bad thing that he's leaving Mizzou?

This continuing saga of MU Revenue Sport Athletics persists in entertainment value.

I'd like to see MU hire a coach who is not afraid to play SLU, which is clearly now the best basketball program in the State of Missouri.

The dysfunction isn't just a this year or next year thing at Mizzou. It has existed since they nudged Norm out.

This continuing saga of MU Revenue Sport Athletics persists in entertainment value.

I'd like to see MU hire a coach who is not afraid to play SLU, which is clearly now the best basketball program in the State of Missouri.

I've given up on caring about whether or not they play. It's clearly not something Alden has any interest in so it's no longer worth thinking about.

programs go up and down, I'll be interested to see if crews can sustain momentum.

Questioning Coach Crews sounds like a Marquette On High Turf Protector over at the Holy Land.

Based upon his won-loss record and the recruits committed to date, it certainly looks like Coach Crews is sustaining the momentum.

Coach Crews is 55-14 as SLU Head Coach, a sterling .797 winning percentage.

I think pretty much everyone has expressed their disappointment that haith will no longer be at mizzou. It is also too funny that he left mizzou for Tulsa though.

I've given up on caring about whether or not they play. It's clearly not something Alden has any interest in so it's no longer worth thinking about.

Hate to break it to you Moo Cow but Alden is a bigger problem than Haith...afterall he is the idiot who hired him. The folks down here in South FL had the attitude when Haith left...don't let the door hit you in the arse as you are leaving Frank. Now the $64K question is what under achiever will Alden bring in next.

What a disaster for Ol'Mizzou. Sure it will probably be a good thing in the long run but IMO losing a coach to Tulsa if you are a BCS school just looks bad.

Haith career is definitely going the wrong way. He went from Miami to Mizzou to Tulsa. It suppose to be the other way around.

Whats Franks next stop D2 or High School?

I'm glad Coach Statham is sticking around at McKendree. That's Haith's career path now.

At this point in time Nebraska has much better facilities, academic support and talent. Miles would leave a team on the verge of big things in the Big Ten to go to a cluster in Columbia

I can't tell if you guys are serious. They barely and I mean barely made the tourney for the first time in like 20 year's, yes they should make it next year but base on how much that school gives a hoot about basketball I dont see them going back after that for a while. Mizzou has had a team in the past 4 years who by many were favorites to win it all. Mizzou is more of a basketball school then Nebraska has been, or will ever be. A new practice gym only means you have the funds to do it, (thanks big 10 FOOTBALL)by far far far measurements does this mean you have the tradition or program to prove the worthiness.

FYI, Nebraska sold out all season tickets this year in their new arena, not bad for a non basketball school. That pales in comparison to Mizzou's recent attendance.

Also, the basketball practice facility was paid for by ONE donation prior to the Bi Ten transition FYI. Nebraska finally got a coach worth a . It makes a difference. Case in point, Mizzou hasn't had one since Norm...

At this point in time Nebraska has much better facilities, academic support and talent. Miles would leave a team on the verge of big things in the Big Ten to go to a cluster###### in Columbia

Nebraska has never been a better basketball program than Mizzou or SLU. At any point.

FYI, Nebraska sold out all season tickets this year in their new arena, not bad for a non basketball school. That pales in comparison to Mizzou's recent attendance.

Also, the basketball practice facility was paid for by ONE donation prior to the Bi Ten transition FYI. Nebraska finally got a coach worth a ######. It makes a difference. Case in point, Mizzou hasn't had one since Norm...

O I see, I was confused at first now it makes more sense, so you're saying Nebraska had a better last 7 months, so that surpasses the fact that mizzou had a better last 17 years.

No way Alden would hire Howland. Howland is a guy that Jon Sunvold would suggest. That automatically eliminates Alden from considering you.

Supposedly, Sunvold's backing of Bill Self is why Alden left Self sitting on the tarmac while he hired Snyder.

What is the story between Alden and Sunvold?