Would NOT Want to be NCState/Xavier

Taj79

Think of these logistics ...... they play today at 9:10 pm EDT. Game goes past midnight counting post-game shower and all that. Xavier can at least drive back to Cincy but NC State has to catch a flight. Dayton Airport shuts down at like 10:00 pm as does Raleigh's. So they might have to wait until the morning or fly a late night charter home. Then turn around and try to fly down to Orlando on Wednesday morning/afternoon and check-in/practice for upcoming game Wednesday evening for a Thursday night against us.

I kind of like that scenario.

I'd guess the NCAA has charters ready to take the winners onto Orlando after the game.

Wasn't it few years ago Vermont flew commercial to NCAA tourney site, I believe in Texas, and almost didn't make it?

Even if NCAA did not supply charters, X and NC State I am sure would.

Almost as big of an advantage of St. Bonaventure playing on no days rest against us.

I don't care how tired they are. This is the Tournament and we're not going to be gifted anything. We have to play better than we have both offensively and defensively. If we don't, it won't matter if either team was playing on 1 days rest or 1 weeks rest.

Almost as big of an advantage of St. Bonaventure playing on no days rest against us.

I don't care how tired they are. This is the Tournament and we're not going to be gifted anything. We have to play better than we have both offensively and defensively. If we don't, it won't matter if either team was playing on 1 days rest or 1 weeks rest.

+1

It's way too small of a sample size, but in the last three years, at-large play-in teams have gone 3-3 in their "second round" games.

+1

It's way too small of a sample size, but in the last three years, at-large play-in teams have gone 3-3 in their "second round" games.

Exactly. And these were all 11 and 12 seeds so they should have only won between 25-35% of the time.

Its a qualitative argument but there could be something about already having one game under your belt and no longer having nerves and being used to the intensity of a win or go home atmosphere.

still it is a definite advantage for us, playing on one day rest and Jet lag...

Uh, Dayton's in the same time zone as Orlando. And they'll all be sleeping quite comfortably at 35k feet. Unless they get hijacked to Pakistan or the Maldives.

Also, I don't think JCs going to tell them, "ok, their tired, so don't play too hard, because we got UL next". This is big boy hoops, if our guys come out flat or over confident, we'd be toasted by Savannah ST. Ask Mzzery. Every game from here on out is WW3.

The winner of the Iowa/Tennessee game has to play at 2:45 Friday afternoon in Raleigh after playing a 9:10 game on Wednesday night in Dayton.

Remember, though, LaSalle had the same situation last year. They won in Dayton; traveled to KC; and won two games there.

If anyone has had a look at TN's PPP and OPP in conference and the fact that they destroyed VA, then you'll see that TN is basically KY in orange uniforms. They are a lock for the 32. Compare KY's numbers to TN and you'll see that TN should not have had to do a play-in. They should have been a 9-10.

SLU is a lock vs NCS. X could be tough, but all of the numbers say SLU to win vs either!!!

If anyone has had a look at TN's PPP and OPP in conference and the fact that they destroyed VA, then you'll see that TN is basically KY in orange uniforms. They are a lock for the 32. Compare KY's numbers to TN and you'll see that TN should not have had to do a play-in. They should have been a 9-10.

SLU is a lock vs NCS. X could be tough, but all of the numbers say SLU to win vs either!!!

Kentucky sucks tho

Also, I don't think JCs going to tell them, "ok, their tired, so don't play too hard, because we got UL next". This is big boy hoops, if our guys come out flat or over confident, we'd be toasted by Savannah ST. Ask Mzzery. Every game from here on out is WW3.

Well, he'd probably have to call a timeout to do that so no chance that will happen.

Absolutely! Our success in this tournament comes down to how WE play. Period. We are a very good team, but only when we show up. In the Duquesne game, the Dayton game, and the second half of the Bonaventure game we DID NOT show up...and we got embarrassed. I hope the seniors are talking about one thing and one thing only the next several days...

TO WIN: DEFEND, REBOUND

Absolutely! Our success in this tournament comes down to how WE play. Period. We are a very good team, but only when we show up. In the Duquesne game, the Dayton game, and the second half of the Bonaventure game we DID NOT show up...and we got embarrassed. I hope the seniors are talking about one thing and one thing only the next several days...

TO WIN: DEFEND, REBOUND