The bigger issue...

I agree wholeheartedly that we need for McBroom to relocate his stroke.

It's just my opinion, but I think you're overreacting. I'm hopeful that the team can put all of the pieces together and go on a run beginning in about a week. It only takes two wins for them to do something the school has never done (in the modern era).

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to spend the next six days to a week wringing my hands over this loss.

Will you when we're a 7 seed playing in Buffalo with a 2 seed Syracuse looming? In fact, I may myself just thinking about it

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're just trying to lower expectations so they can shock the nation when we make it to the final four. Jordair's leg injury is just a ploy to keep us all worried. You heard it here first.

*knocking viciously on wood*

No way I said this a month ago lol

Will you when we're a 7 seed playing in Buffalo with a 2 seed Syracuse looming? In fact, I may ###### myself just thinking about it

Syracuse is beatable. Ask Boston College.

Bottom line, we're going to have to play (and beat) a high seed in the tourney at some point. We could've put ourselves in a better position, but we finished the season poorly. So it goes. We'll see where we end up on Sunday, and then we'll go out and kick some ass. I am quite certain there's a group of Billiken players and coaches in Brooklyn right now who are feeling a little embarrassed. I know we'll see a better team next week.

Syracuse is beatable. Ask Boston College.

Bottom line, we're going to have to play (and beat) a high seed in the tourney at some point. We could've put ourselves in a better position, but we finished the season poorly. So it goes. We'll see where we end up on Sunday, and then we'll go out and kick some ass. I am quite certain there's a group of Billiken players and coaches in Brooklyn right now who are feeling a little embarrassed. I know we'll see a better team next week.

How you think we'll do against Syracuse's zone?

I'm expecting a 6 seed.

It's possible. Probably not likely.

Can someone go through some of the bracket projections and the teams still alive and let us know who to root for over the next 2 1/2 days? Huge difference between 6 seed and 7 seed in my opinion.

How you think we'll do against Syracuse's zone?

We're not going to beat anyone if we don't play a more complete game. I was simply making the argument that (1) the team can't feel good about this loss and I would be surprised if we don't see a sharper team next week, and (2) most of the top teams (including Syracuse) have bad losses. I'm looking forward to next week, regardless of seed.

If we're really lucky we may draw a 10 seeded Oklahoma State before Syracuse.

I don't think some people realize how big of a loss this was. And i agree with 13, getting a 6 seed would be huge

I agree with the 6 being better.

But a 27 RPI and 1-4 in the last 5 trends closer to 8 than 6.

We won't know jack until Sunday, obviously, but it's interesting that Lunardi's latest bracket has the four #7 seeds playing their opening round games in one of three different locations (St. Louis, Milwaukee and Raleigh).

He also has Wisconsin and Michigan (who barely survived Illinois today) as #2 seeds. If we got the #7 seed, we could do worse than a rematch with Wiscy in our second game.

This team is a 7 seed at best now. The problem is they don't have anything that really stands out. The RPI will be around 27 or 28 which is a 7 seed. The Top 50 record is not impressive. The road/neutral record is ok, but was a lot more impressive 3 weeks ago. The last 10 games is terrible. There were no injuries to consider. The conference tournament was terrible.

There is no reason for the committee to bump up SLU. If anything there is reason to bump them into the 8/9 game.

And also - who do you pick out of

Florida

Wichita

Arizona

Villanova
Wisconsin

Michigan

Duke

Kansas

as the 2nd round opponent. I would say Villanova would be the ideal scenario or hope for a team like Creighton to bump onto the 2 line. I want no part of a Wichita or Wisconsin rematch.

This team is a 7 seed at best now. The problem is they don't have anything that really stands out. The RPI will be around 27 or 28 which is a 7 seed. The Top 50 record is not impressive. The road/neutral record is ok, but was a lot more impressive 3 weeks ago. The last 10 games is terrible. There were no injuries to consider. The conference tournament was terrible.

There is no reason for the committee to bump up SLU. If anything there is reason to bump them into the 8/9 game.

I'm afraid you're right.

I am not as confident at you are that we will do anything going forward unless an emotional and hungry Bills teams knowing that their dream season is about to end takes the floor in the NCAA. Stop talking about seeding, easy path, we must play like there is no tomorrow and dominate from start to finish or it is over for these boys. I PRAY they shock us but I will keep my expectations of them tempered going forward. Sad day in Billiken Land!

I think a first round match up with okie state would be tough for us. Matching up with a second tier big conference team with athletes would be a bad match up for the Billikens. Kind of like us vs. Oregon last year.