GDT: Beat Gimmick Round Two

According to these VCWho Gimmick Trolls and their predecessor from the Enchanted Mountains, it sure looks bleak for the lowly Billikens in Brooklyn. Perhaps Pope Francis can order that the Billikens skip Brooklyn all together since they have no chance there according to these experts, and in light of the peril that awaits them on Atlantic Avenue.

First the Bonnies are going to come out of the snow to get us, then Gimmick is going to blanket us whole.

Of course the Bonnies will have to get there first, as will Gimmick, as neither get byes into their matchups with SLU head to head. But don't let something like a bracket stop the smack from being talked and predictions made.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a cute video, one any Richmond or even St. Bonaventure fan could post. And it's true, VCU did not win an A-10 tournament in our first season in the conference. Yep, we had to settle for second place. But next time you jump on Youtube searching for bragging rights, take a peek at one of our many Final 4 videos....because odds are, you'll never have one of your own.

I bet if you ask Rob or Juvonte to show you their Final 4 rings at this year's A-10 tournament...they just may.

That's a cute video, one any Richmond or even St. Bonaventure fan could post. And it's true, VCU did not win an A-10 tournament in our first season in the conference. Yep, we had to settle for second place. But next time you jump on Youtube searching for bragging rights, take a peek at one of our many Final 4 videos....because odds are, you'll never have one of your own.

I bet if you ask Rob or Juvonte to show you their Final 4 rings at this year's A-10 tournament...they just may.

3rd place team fan, go troll the St. Joe's board first.

They probably pawned them to pay for rent

Well, we do have a national championship. Those are apparently better than final four appearances.

In any event, credit to VCU. They forced us to play a crappy game and Weber hits a lot of tough shots. We played like crap and VCU had a lot to do with it.

Billiken fans, # 5 Kansas just lost to unranked OK St who needed a victory badly, a very similar situation, KU played without passion, lots of turnovers, so even with a superior squad, lost.

KU will be back and ready for the tourneys. I think KU can win the whole thing.

Upsets like this happened a lot this weekend.

+1...you have been on fire with your predictions lately and your points were valid going into this week. Let's hope the boys come out Wednesday knowing this thing isn't wrapped up and mop up the floor with Dayton.

Yeah you've been to a final four...ACT LIKE IT. You guys are so insecure it's comical.

+1...you have been on fire with your predictions lately and your points were valid going into this week. Let's hope the boys come out Wednesday knowing this thing isn't wrapped up and mop up the floor with Dayton.

I was all over OK St -1. Also, visiting favorite Russia - 23 1/2 at Crimea.

The biggest issue for us is DE, his hip; is that something that has been lingering, finally exposed vs. VCU? Or has there been / is there something else? He has not been himself lately.

He is one of our two star difference maker players (JJ) and one of the big four (MM & RL). It really hurts us that he has been subpar.We miss KM and DE for so many reasons (shooting, depth, etc.), and even CR's rebounding, "D", and muscle. Our depth is an issue, though opening the season I thought we would be fine.

If DE is 100% I would expect us to play a fired up senior night home game finale to wrap up the A-10 in style against Dayton, pound them; but I fear DE will not be 100% so we might have a tough time with a solid Dayton team. I sure wouldn't bet on SLU not knowing if DE is OK. Vegas dropped us to # 45 this morning. We might hang on in the AP & USA Top 25 since so many other teams also lost... we shall see.

According to rpiforecast SLU is at 17 and VCU is at 21.

HAH! Smooth.

lol So much gimmick.

https://vine.co/v/MKEMYXKTqUm

We could fill this board with hours of video clips of Gimmick fouling and hacking and getting away with breaking the rules on every possession.

My great grandmother could've reffed a better game. It doesn't matter if the fouls were even numerically, you all should have two+ players foul out EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Fouls at: :30, :41, 1:02(my GOD), 2:47 (That was a "foul" on Rob Loe yesterday...), 3:29 reaching foul, 4:31 (pretty sure you can't give a player that much body), 4:49 (charge), 4:54, 4:57 (lots of contact on that "block"). Yeah, good "defense"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovdKAAEIxc8

HAH! Dumbarses

We could fill this board with hours of video clips of Gimmick fouling and hacking and getting away with breaking the rules on every fukcing possession and if you're too blind to see that I guess I'll have to make this one extra big for ya.

GO **** YOURSELVES

My great grandmother could've reffed a better fukcing game. It doesn't matter if the fouls were even numerically, you all should have two+ players foul out EVERY FUKCING GAME.

Fouls at: :30, :41, 1:02(my GOD), 2:47 (That was a "foul" on Rob Loe yesterday...), 3:29 reaching foul, 4:31 (pretty sure you can't give a player that much body), 4:49 (charge), 4:54, 4:57 (lots of contact on that "block"). Yeah, good "defense"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovdKAAEIxc8

Just a little advice...if you are going to promote your website and want to be respected as a writer, I'd steer clear of this type of response.

Not a lot of shame in losing @VCU. Pretty good amount of shame of giving up 11 offensive rebounds in the first half. They had 38 first half points. 13 off turnovers and 13 off offensive rebounds. Hard to beat anyone when you let that happen.

I almost want us to stop being so level headed and calm. I want our starters/bench players/coaches to be pissed off and not just accept the loss. Get to work and get something fixed. I hate Greg Marshall at Wichita St but his whole "Play Angry" thing could work well for us right now.

Not on here to troll but just wanted to say good game Saturday. It is good for the A10 for us both to do well and hopefully continue to make this a rivalry year in and year out. We all have different types of fans and I have met many SLU fans over the years(I was at the game last month) and most knew their stuff and were respectful. Of course we all have those fans( ie scroll up on this page to see a prime example of a classless fan) but all and all hope we see each other in the Championship game.

Only thing I wanted to point out was how big Evans is for you guys. Everyone talks about Jett and rightfully so he is awesome and I don't use that word much especially to teams I hate but Evans is the make or break on your team going far in the tournament. Jett did all he could but we shut down Evans which lead to us controlling that game. Just like us and our streaking shooting. Of course a VCU fan does not need to tell any SLU fan how big one of your best players is but it showed even more on Saturday when he is taken out of the game. Good luck and hope to see you guys in the Championship.

Not on here to troll but just wanted to say good game Saturday. It is good for the A10 for us both to do well and hopefully continue to make this a rivalry year in and year out.

Only thing I wanted to point out was how big Evans is for you guys. Of course a VCU fan does not need to tell any SLU fan how big one of your best players is but it showed even more on Saturday when he is taken out of the game. Good luck and hope to see you guys in the Championship.

Agreed with both points. This will definitely be a fun rivalry for years. Evans rarely got a good look at a drive to the hoop and only was able to go up strong once, if I remember correctly.

Hey VCU clowns, you've overstayed your welcome (and you were never welcome). So quit posting nonsense on this board days after a game. It's sad you have nothing better to do with your lives.

Yeah, how many of us go and post on other teams' boards? I don't get it.