GDT: Beat Gimmick Round Two

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also to the VCU fans that keep saying "just imagine if we would shoot a good percentage against you.." That would be the equivalent of SLU fans saying "imagine if we had an average turnover game against you." The VCU defense is based on creating turnovers and the SLU defense is based on forcing a low shooting percentage.

Again.

It is letdown time of the year. Happening all over the place.

We were ranked # 10 in AP & USA, in their minds the kids knew they just have to win one of last 4 to win A-10, they were thinking about the A-10 & NCAA Tournaments.

So they sleepwalk through Duquesne and then have a fired up road revenge team to face like VCU that is battling for an A-10 bye and wanting to knock off a Top 10 team for their NCAA resume. Ouch.

Lots of upsets like this last week and this week, and / or some 15 point favorites that have won at the buzzer by a point.

I worry about Evans' hip and we seem a little tired (or is it the letdown lack of 100% effort) but other than that, we are the same team and should be solid for the tournaments. So IMO not much has changed.

None of us are sure how good we really are, a great record then a few letdown losses, and haven't beaten a real top notch team but we might be capable of getting to The Sweet Sixteen.

We shall see.

Also to the VCU fans that keep saying "just imagine if we would shoot a good percentage against you.." That would be the equivalent of SLU fans saying "imagine if we had an average turnover game against you." The VCU defense is based on creating turnovers and the SLU defense is based on forcing a low shooting percentage.

We had wide open looks both games. Had ZERO to do with your vaunted defense. We can't shoot for sh.it.

We had wide open looks both games. Had ZERO to do with your vaunted defense. We can't shoot for sh.it.

Ok we can back out the unforced turnovers from the turnover total too. I think you've missed my point here.

For those complaining about the VCU posters, plenty of SLU fans dished it out the last few weeks - you gotta take your lumps too. VCU beat us today and have always played us tough. They won the CBI, we won last year in Brooklyn. So far we have each defended our home floor, and we will decide things in New York.

If you guys actually played a tough schedule I'd be more impressed.

Your little 2 pt victory over us is your best win all year.

We now have a win over ACC champion and handed you your worse loss of the season.

Top 10 wins for VCU=2

Top 10 wins for SLU=0

Moderators: It's past time for a 5 post per day limit on this guy too.

It is interesting how VCWho pines for recognition. VCWho is a mid-major that plays a hyped gimmick defense. If the favorable A10 refs, mindful that the A10 is based out of Newport News, VA, called the game properly, VCWho could be called for a foul on nearly every possession at one end, and be called for traveling often at the other end.

VCWho is the old Huggins coached Cincinnati Lite. They both crave recognition, except Cincinnati had better basketball players.

Who cares about VCU and it 7,741 seat rec center?

For those complaining about the VCU posters, plenty of SLU fans dished it out the last few weeks - you gotta take your lumps too. VCU beat us today and have always played us tough. They won the CBI, we won last year in Brooklyn. So far we have each defended our home floor, and we will decide things in New York.

I'm not calling for a ban, I'm calling implementation of the 5 post daily limitation. If that can be done to one of our own, it should be done to enemy trolls.

Again.

It is letdown time of the year. Happening all over the place.

We were ranked # 10 in AP & USA, in their minds the kids knew they just have to win one of last 4 to win A-10, they were thinking about the A-10 & NCAA Tournaments.

So they sleepwalk through Duquesne and then have a fired up road revenge team to face like VCU that is battling for an A-10 bye and wanting to knock off a Top 10 team for their NCAA resume. Ouch.

Lots of upsets like this last week and this week, and / or some 15 point favorites that have won at the buzzer by a point.

I worry about Evans' hip and we seem a little tired (or is it the letdown lack of 100% effort) but other than that, we are the same team and should be solid for the tournaments. So IMO not much has changed.

None of us are sure how good we really are, a great record then a few letdown losses, and haven't beaten a real top notch team but we might be capable of getting to The Sweet Sixteen.

We shall see.

The bad loss was Duquesne.

SLU was the underdog today at VCWho.

The game of the year is Wed. night at home against Dayton, which is about as big of a rival as SLU has. That is a huge game. Win and SLU clinches the #1 seed in the A10 Tournament, and SLU will be favored in that one.

Moderators: It's past time for a 5 post per day limit on this guy too.

It is interesting how VCWho pines for recognition. VCWho is a mid-major that plays a hyped gimmick defense. If the favorable A10 refs, mindful that the A10 is based out of Newport News, VA called the game properly, VCWho could be called for a foul on nearly every possession at one end, and be called for traveling at the other end.

VCWho is the old Huggins coached Cincinnati Lite. They both crave recognition, except Cincinnati had better basketball players.

Who cares about VCU and it 7,741 seat rec center?

Yawn.

VCWho(cute how clever), has accomplished more in college basketball than SLWho(see what I did there).

Your tourney record is 5-9. What is ours again?

We had more tourney wins in 2011 than you do in the entire history of your program.

So ###### sad how great you think you are, while crying all the time about refs, playing a crap schedule, and not doing anything in the postseason.

We are your best win. You're welcome loser.

Go back to whence you came. Why are you here? We don't care about VCWho.

Re the schedule, you can't play them if they won't play you, and that is the simple truth. But we did play Wichita State, which is undefeated (31-0) and a probable #1 seed. VCWho has played no one of that caliber, including overrated Virginia, from the weak this year ACC.

Go back to whence you came. Why are you here? We don't care about VCWho.

Re the schedule, you can't play them if they won't play you, and that is the simple truth. But we did play Wichita State, which is undefeated (31-0) and a probable #1 seed. VCWho has played no one of that caliber, including overrated Virginia, from the weak this year ACC.

Stupid post is stupid. You got beat by Wichita, and nobody you have BEAT is the caliber of "overrated" UVA.

And we have owned Wichita that past thee years. We knocked them out of the tourney two seasons ago. They are scared to death to see us in their bracket.

You do not have standing to call a post from someone with 2 degrees from SLU "stupid."

Moderators: It's time.

And by the way, your beloved VCWho Gimmick is in 3rd Place in the A10 with 4 conference losses, having lost at St. Joe's. Let's see- you lost at St. Joe's, UMass, GW, and SLU. As such, Gimmick gets exposed on the lonely road.

You guys always whine and cry about the refs. Fact is you got handled by a much better team tonight. It will happen again. Sayonara to the top 10. You guys have been whining about why you didn't jump teams into the 8 hole for two weeks. Now we all know why. Two smackdowns. One against a sub 200 RPI and tonight. You will still be in the 25. Barely. No Mo top 15 anymore. Count on that. The ride is over. Heck, the little guy kind of looks like a billliken statue in a morbid sort of way...

Your guys got Pnd by "the Gimmick" tonight. If you're lucky enough to get to us in the A10 tourney, you will see HAVOC again.

As for the UVA comment I saw, the thing that happened today was they took the ACC with a smackdown of Syracuse. We took em out on their own floor. You got handled by Wichita and VCU. UVA would have a field day with you. They should be in the top 7 come Monday.

Wow, I'm glad I saved my last post for this smackdown!!!! I got called so many names that is is only fitting that I should talk a bit of smack tonight. We are loving it and drinking toasts. Hope you guys can manage another win before the tourney, so you don't bump us down to the 3 seed.

200_s.gif