Trap Game?

WVBilliken

I have a good feeling about this game.

First of all, it is highly unlikely that Mason shoots 51.5, 62.5, and 85.7 percent like they did last game from the field, 3 and free throw stripe.

Even if they out-rebound us by 9 again, we still should benefit from their shooting regressing back to the mean. Additionally, our pressure defense is too much for their guards to handle. We had 13 steals against them last game. Unlike Mason's shooting, I don't take that stat to be a fluke. Our guards are nightmares for opponents with their defensive pressure, and Mason's ballhandlers are especially turnover prone. The only reason this did not seem so apparent last game was because of their hot shooting.

The only way I see SLU losing on Wednesday is if we go absolutely frigid cold shooting the ball. If we can maintain even respectable shooting numbers, I feel confident in a SLU victory.

So, you don't see GM as a threat to SLU's winning streak! WOW.

quote name="billikenfan05" post="404281" timestamp="1392689231"]You are my least favorite poster and it's not even close. I like mudkat more than you.

At this point of the season we are ranked higher than all the teams we have left to play so every game is a trap game. This is nothing new.

Two things bothered me about the GM game; 1) they got some miracle rolls on shots, which you can't do much about, ie luck of the roll; (2) they out rebounded us mercilessly on their end and continuously got 2nd and 3rd looks and new shot clocks. We can do something about # 2. Block out and grit it out. Remember one part of RM's mantra was rebound. Am confident the Bills are concentrating on keeping GM off their boards in practice. If we can do that, we should win.

I have a good feeling about this game.

First of all, it is highly unlikely that Mason shoots 51.5, 62.5, and 85.7 percent like they did last game from the field, 3 and free throw stripe.

Even if they out-rebound us by 9 again, we still should benefit from their shooting regressing back to the mean. Additionally, our pressure defense is too much for their guards to handle. We had 13 steals against them last game. Unlike Mason's shooting, I don't take that stat to be a fluke. Our guards are nightmares for opponents with their defensive pressure, and Mason's ballhandlers are especially turnover prone. The only reason this did not seem so apparent last game was because of their hot shooting.

The only way I see SLU losing on Wednesday is if we go absolutely frigid cold shooting the ball. If we can maintain even respectable shooting numbers, I feel confident in a SLU victory.

-I agree and the fact that they gave us such a tough game shouldn't allow for any thoughts other than 'we need to bring it'

SLU wins this game going away. Last time was a trap game, this time, it's personal. My only question is will some of the kids get to see the floor? We have been touted with having this deep bench and Crews has used them before, but not so in the VCU game. No Crawford, Lacona, Agbeko and not much Glaze. Got to be ready for when Loe and Evans get in foul trouble (which has to be a focus of the opposition in both the A-10 and the NCAA Tournament).

SLU wins this game going away. Last time was a trap game, this time, it's personal. My only question is will some of the kids get to see the floor? We have been touted with having this deep bench and Crews has used them before, but not so in the VCU game. No Crawford, Lacona, Agbeko and not much Glaze. Got to be ready for when Loe and Evans get in foul trouble (which has to be a focus of the opposition in both the A-10 and the NCAA Tournament).

They didn't see the floor because JC was concerned they'd be overwhelmed and VCU would suddenly be up by double digits and smelling Billiken blood. Pretty sure none of our FR, or any FR for that matter, have been exposed to the Gimmick and their a$$hole coach running up and down the sidelines trying hard to be the 6th man on the court. Can't wait for one of the A10 refs to grow a pair and tell Coach Khan to behave himself.

If you guys don't take GMU down by 15, respect is gone. I predict 72-50 SLU.

RESPECT IS GONE?!?!?! You're ridiculous. We've won 17 games in a row and we're 10-0 in a 6 bid conference.... Any road game is a tough game and you guys only beat them by 14 at home... 15 is a stretch. 8 is a lot more reasonable, and unless we lost by 20 you have no right to have anything but the utmost respect for this basketball squad. Now I see why everybody was bitching about you, you're an imbecile.

RESPECT IS GONE?!?!?! You're ridiculous. We've won 17 games in a row and we're 10-0 in a 6 bid conference.... Any road game is a tough game and you guys only beat them by 14 at home... 15 is a stretch. 8 is a lot more reasonable, and unless we lost by 20 you have no right to have anything but the utmost respect for this basketball squad. Now I see why everybody was bitching about you, you're an imb

Geez, I just called you guys by 17 points and get this response. In the GMU game we had our walk-ons in the game for 5 minutes. They are a bug to be stomped and calling me names won't change that. They were never a threat. Never in the game. Dribble out with our 5-8 walk-on. You win by 15 easy unless you play like you did against us. Imbecile? Like one of your most respected members said, we (being Stl U fans) hate everyone. I guess being a distant 2nd to Mizzou in terms of St Louis press coverage has taken a terrible toll over the years. We prefer to get over it and go stomp our VA opponents. You don't do them by 15 and we'll be pissed. F-GMU.

As I have stated on at least 5 places here, respect was given to SLU especially after our loss. Beating us is a tough nut to crack. Now put the name-calling away and be an adult and enjoy the GMU smack-down.

History will show you that teams with 3 game type leads with 6 to play, that are a lock for the NCAA's, that are looking forward to their conference tourney, all of that, tend to suffer letdowns.

It happens to a lot of good, solid, top notch teams.

It has happened this year already to some good teams and a few Top 10 teams also won at the buzzer recently against 10-15 point underdogs.

So to think our Billikens are immune is to be very naïve.

I think we will get past GM but it is not out of the question to lose it.

But our last 3 games, by then we should have the A-10 regular season championship clinched, will be looking forward to the tournaments, while the teams we play are still fighting for seeding and even their chances into the NCAA.

It would be amazing if they run the table, impressive if they go 4-2.

Like him or not, MUDCAT is right. There's no reason why we cant stomp George Mason tomorrow. I understand what happened last time and that this one is on the road. We obviously could lose. But we wont. We're too good to lose. We're a top 10 team. I think it's more likely that we blow them out than we lose.

No sh*t. But the, "I will respect your team less if you don't win by X-amount," is complete trash. Take that back to to the VCU board.

"But, but, but, you guys, I said you should win by a lot! Why don't you like me, I don't understand."

Why do I have to keep reading this here. No one cares what VCU fans think of our program.

No sh*t. But the, "I will respect your team less if you don't win by X-amount," is complete trash. Take that back to to the VCU board.

"But, but, but, you guys, I said you should win by a lot! Why don't you like me, I don't understand."

Why do I have to keep reading this here. No one cares what VCU fans think of our program.

Actally, I shouldn't have put the "respect" word in that post without a toungue in cheek smiley. Sorry.

We HATE GMU. You guys, we like.

SLU -15

Respect is too strong a word to be used in friendly discussion. We should beat GM, by how much I do not know. AND, VCU's style of play is very different from our own and interfaces differently with GM's style of play. For them it may have been a walkover, for us it was a tough game the prior time we played.