Lunardi Bracketology 2/17

DD3

I am all for 6 unless it means someone climbing over our backs to get in. I would really like us to have no loses in A-10 this year and see what that might mean for us in the future.

From Athlon Sports (10 Things You Need to Know from College Basketball This Weekend):

http://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/10-things-you-need-know-college-basketball-weekend-feb-17

10a. The best team no one is talking about is Saint Louis
The Billikens continue to be one of the best stories in the country as they took a major step to a second Atlantic 10 regular season title with a 64-62 win over VCU. Saint Louis is 10-0 in the league and its only losses are by single digits to Wisconsin and Wichita State. The Billikens did what they’ve been doing all season by shutting down the 3-point line, holding VCU to 2 of 16 from long range. Opponents are converting 26.7 percent of 3-point attempts against Saint Louis this season.

10b. VCU may not be busting brackets this season
Keep this one in your back pocket for your office pools: This version’s of VCU may not stack up with previous Shaka Smart teams. Even though this is a strong A-10 team, the Rams might not be a threat to advance in the NCAA Tournament. The havoc defense is there (17 forced turnovers vs. Saint Louis), but they’re not capitalizing in the offensive end this season. - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/10-things-you-need-know-college-basketball-weekend-feb-17#sthash.6aZZYr6K.dpuf

Wow a team that is part of a conference that may get 6 teams in the tourny, is undefeated and still is questioned. I know of a team that is undefeated in a lesser ranked conference that is ranked #2 Florida. #disrepsected.

Flordia is a very similar team to SLU. Loaded with seniors, hard nosed D, occasional scoring droughts, and a real pain in the ass to play. The biggest difference is the name on the front of their jersey.

4 seed in San Diego, playing 13 Stephen F. Austin of the Southland, and the 5 seed Kentucky One and Dones in Round 2 (NCAA calls it 3). SLU Seniors vs. UK One and Dones, what a contrast that would be.

California loves the Billikens, NorCal, SoCal, LoCal.

San Diego is a beautiful city.

The we move up the Coast to Anaheim in the OC for the Sweet 16!

Go Bills!

Florida has beaten Kansas and Memphis outside of conference and both losses to very good teams. Their ranking is deserved. They are deeper than us too and a fair comparison but they should be ranked higher based on schedule and wins.

Flordia is a very similar team to SLU. Loaded with seniors, hard nosed D, occasional scoring droughts, and a real pain in the ass to play. The biggest difference is the name on the front of their jersey.

4 seed in San Diego, playing 13 Stephen F. Austin of the Southland, and the 5 seed Kentucky One and Dones in Round 2 (NCAA calls it 3). SLU Seniors vs. UK One and Dones, what a contrast that would be.

Go Bills!

If this happens, lucky you, Bay. Me I'm hoping to either land in the East, open in Raleigh, or the South, sweet 16 in Meet me in Memphis. Anywhere else is out of reach, but that's why God gave us TV.

Florida has beaten Kansas and Memphis outside of conference and both losses to very good teams. Their ranking is deserved. They are deeper than us too and a fair comparison but they should be ranked higher based on schedule and wins.

FL's a very good team. Wouldn't surprise at all if they end up in the final 4.

Go Bills!

If this happens, lucky you, Bay. Me I'm hoping to either land in the East, open in Raleigh, or the South, sweet 16 in Meet me in Memphis. Anywhere else is out of reach, but that's why God gave us TV.

I know this is an "old" thread (I've gotten behind on reading the board), but are you guys forgetting that the site of the first- and second-round games is not necessarily indicative of which regional a team is placed in (for the Sweet 16)? Just because the Bills play their first two games in San Diego doesn't mean they'll be playing the next set of games in Anaheim.

I know this is an "old" thread (I've gotten behind on reading the board), but are you guys forgetting that the site of the first- and second-round games is not necessarily indicative of which regional a team is placed in (for the Sweet 16)? Just because the Bills play their first two games in San Diego doesn't mean they'll be playing the next set of games in Anaheim.

I don't have the brackets in front of me, but each team is put into a region. Those first games are, however, played all over the joint, ie an eastern region 2nd and 3rd games can be played somewhere out west. After, the third rd do the regions really come into play, eg So region in Memphis. Bay may be confused, but I doubt it, but I'm not. I'd love to see the Bills in the east or the south from a personal travel standpoint. However, if they get in the east and win the first two, I know they're not in Memphis for the Sweet 16, which is the So regional. May be old ABF, but still not daft... yet.

I don't have the brackets in front of me, but each team is put into a region. Those first games are, however, played all over the joint, ie an eastern region 2nd and 3rd games can be played somewhere out west. After, the third rd do the regions really come into play, eg So region in Memphis. Bay may be confused, but I doubt it, but I'm not. I'd love to see the Bills in the east or the south from a personal travel standpoint. However, if they get in the east and win the first two, I know they're not in Memphis for the Sweet 16, which is the So regional. May be old ABF, but still not daft... yet.

I think BayArea was just saying it'd be nice for him to have the Bills play their first four games near him...