Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

I don't care about playing Mizzou. I'd rather have the top 100 recruit for 2 1/2 years.

Yeah, but Transfer U would say, "NO WAY!". Then CB says, "I gave you a shot. I'm going to SLU!"

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The success that he's had with transfers is that he he took over a team with only 3 underclassmen, only two that played and finished the season and brought in enough transfers that the team was able to stay at a NCAA tourney level. His 2nd team only had 1 returning player, but because of transfers they got in the tourney. He was put in an incredibly tough spot and has the program on solid footing and has balanced out the classes.

+1. for those of you strict Bills fan only types I feel for you not having anyone else to root for in those "rare" years we aren't Big Dance worthy. I am quite impressed with what FH has done in his stay at the big house in Columbia.

Must be nice to coach a team where one and done in the tournament is a "success"

There are 300 some schools that would kill for that. Until we all got uppity after 2 trips most years we would of been elated to have been in final 64 even if we were 16th seed. Lombardi would not be happy with anything short of 50 straight NCAA titles in the period I've followed Bills, however the more rational have to accept reality. I think it all relative only a few elite programs could ***** about not winning all, a few more rightly bitching about not making final four, another dozen or so always expecting to make sweet 16 and I guess we are now in the next group those expecting to always expecting to play at least till weekend. So in FH case it is true that he's been one and done both times but the facts that he got to the tournament both years with squads rebuilt each year, attracts talented players and has buzzed through pre conference with 1 loss to me he is a success, assuming no gangsters, graduation issues etc. an are i have no idea how he's doing but haven't heard any big - buzz in that respect so...

+1. for those of you strict Bills fan only types I feel for you not having anyone else to root for in those "rare" years we aren't Big Dance worthy. I am quite impressed with what FH has done in his stay at the big house in Columbia.

I feel bad for those of you who need multiple teams so you always have a successful team to root for. I believe that's called being a bandwagon fan. Go root for Mi$$ouri and that scum of a coach. You don't deserve to be here for our success.

There are 300 some schools that would kill for that. Until we all got uppity after 2 trips most years we would of been elated to have been in final 64 even if we were 16th seed. Lombardi would not be happy with anything short of 50 straight NCAA titles in the period I've followed Bills, however the more rational have to accept reality. I think it all relative only a few elite programs could ***** about not winning all, a few more rightly bitching about not making final four, another dozen or so always expecting to make sweet 16 and I guess we are now in the next group those expecting to always expecting to play at least till weekend. So in FH case it is true that he's been one and done both times but the facts that he got to the tournament both years with squads rebuilt each year, attracts talented players and has buzzed through pre conference with 1 loss to me he is a success, assuming no gangsters, graduation issues etc. an are i have no idea how he's doing but haven't heard any big - buzz in that respect so...

http://tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=1

I know it's a b!tch to follow but I think this is the message board you're looking for.

I root for two teams: SLU and whoever plays Mizzou. Oh, and I am a big KU fan and an Illini fan. That said, I was excoriated on this board for professing to cheer for another team so I fly under the radar when it comes to other teams on this board.

I feel bad for those of you who need multiple teams so you always have a successful team to root for. I believe that's called being a bandwagon fan. Go root for Mi$$ouri and that scum of a coach. You don't deserve to be here for our success.

You don't say a lot here, but what you say is usually pretty good.

Both teams were not rebuilt. The first year was pre built for him. Excuse me if I don't get excited about only one loss so far when you haven't played a road game yet.

I DEFINITELY do not root for MU - I loathe them. However, are you really suggesting denying those of us who follow other teams but have avidly supported the Billikens for 30+ years, graduated from SLU (twice), have been season ticket holders for 20+ years, and have "invested" a small fortune in the program through PSLs, donations, sponsorships, etc.? Really? That seems misguided at best.

There are a lot of us.

Even as a Mizzou fan, I'm still on the fence regarding Frank Haith. Some Mizzou fans want to run him out of town already -- never liked him -- and some appear to want to anoint him for sainthood. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's dirty or scum, like some of you here believe in knee-jerk fashion, but I certainly don't think he's super-honorable or a choir boy. I have my doubts that he will get Mizzou to the "Promised Land."

I feel bad for those of you who choose to be exclusionary and rationalize that anyone else is a bandwagon fan. We all get to make our own choices, and just because one person makes choices another person rejects doesn't make the first person wrong. I've been closely following and rooting for both Mizzou and SLU for over 20 years, and you can take a flying leap if you think that means I don't deserve to be able to celebrate the success (or bemoan the lack of success) of either or both programs.

I DEFINITELY do not root for MU - I loathe them. However, are you really suggesting denying those of us who follow other teams but have avidly supported the Billikens for 30+ years, graduated from SLU (twice), have been season ticket holders for 20+ years, and have "invested" a small fortune in the program through PSLs, donations, sponsorships, etc.? Really? That seems misguided at best.

There are a lot of us.

You don't have to change your choices. Live your own life. You choose to hate Mizzou and like Kansas and Illinois; I choose to root for Mizzou and detest Kansas and tolerate Illinois. The nonsense that other folks spew about my choices -- always ragging on me for liking Mizzou or claiming that I must not really be a SLU fan -- means nothing.

Does it count if we root for smaller, non-D1 schools?

I still follow McKendree's basketball program.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

(Actually, I taught at McKendree "College" and still casually follow their program).

Even as a Mizzou fan, I'm still on the fence regarding Frank Haith. Some Mizzou fans want to run him out of town already -- never liked him -- and some appear to want to anoint him for sainthood. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's dirty or scum, like some of you here believe in knee-jerk fashion, but I certainly don't think he's super-honorable or a choir boy. I have my doubts that he will get Mizzou to the "Promised Land."

I feel bad for those of you who choose to be exclusionary and rationalize that anyone else is a bandwagon fan. We all get to make our own choices, and just because one person makes choices another person rejects doesn't make the first person wrong. I've been closely following and rooting for both Mizzou and SLU for over 20 years, and you can take a flying leap if you think that means I don't deserve to be able to celebrate the success (or bemoan the lack of success) of either or both programs.

Have you actually paid even a tiny a bit of attention to the goings on at Miami while he was there?

Have you actually paid even a tiny a bit of attention to the goings on at Miami while he was there?

Yes, a tiny bit. He protested that he was completely innocent but then didn't fight the punishment when it was meted. I don't think he did nothing wrong, but I also don't think he was blatantly cheating. He was surrounded by a filthy environment and tried to wade through it and not get wet, as opposed to drawing a line in the sand and insisting that it not be crossed.

I became a Billikens fan when I was about 9 yrs old, listening to the games on KMOX. Sometime in that era, I became a Mizzou fan when the high school star from my little town in the Ozarks went to play for the Tigers and became their all time leading scorer. I have been a loyal Billikens fan since Roland Grey and Monroe Douglas were Freshmen, and have missed very few games in all those years. I find it sad that I should not be allowed to be a fan of both teams. I am NOT THE ONE who doesn't deserve to be here to enjoy the Billikens success. RATHER IT IS THOSE WITH SMALL, NARROW MINDS.

Although I've never really understood the root for more than one team thing, I have no problem with others doing it. My only comment is that I could come up with a long list of teams that would be good to root for other than Mizzou.

A lot of people in St. Louis have connections to both schools.

Although I've never really understood the root for more than one team thing, I have no problem with others doing it. My only comment is that I could come up with a long list of teams that would be good to root for other than Mizzou.

Some people have only one child, but more have more than one child. How do they love more than one?

As for your being able to find a lot of other teams to root for other than Mizzou, where are you from? I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, so, being a homer, I find it quite natural to root for SLU and Mizzou.

I'm fine with anyone who wants to follow and root for other teams. Just don't come on the Billikens message board talking about your other team.

I agree. Call for as many teams as you want but don't come on this board talking about how great frank haith is and expect people to be happy for your dual allegiances.

Serious and simple question for the fans of both schools: which school do you want Cam to got to? For these purposes assume we are the only two schools under consideration.

Yes, a tiny bit. He protested that he was completely innocent but then didn't fight the punishment when it was meted. I don't think he did nothing wrong, but I also don't think he was blatantly cheating. He was surrounded by a filthy environment and tried to wade through it and not get wet, as opposed to drawing a line in the sand and insisting that it not be crossed.

The NCAA believes he paid 10k to his assistants to make Shapiro go away and keep quiet. That is damning in my opinion and far more than him just trying to be a choir boy in a murky situation.

Only reason he didn't get a show cause penalty was because the NCAA mis managed the investigation and they didn't feel like the could levy any significant punishments.

thanks for the guidance. 25 years of coughing up for 2 season tickets I think that may allow my presence in this humble fan gathering. and fair weather fan makes as much sense as staying out of the rain to me. If we had to follow Pirates instead of the Cardinals I probably wouldn't know the names of our announcers. If you think the great unwashed would of avoided the Bills like they've historically done in press, in the streets, in the stands etc if we had a program with the success of both Louisville and Memphis two other cities with eponymously named D1 teams that have always been successfu,your "faith" is as I feel most followers of the "faith" SLU is based on. IMHO slightly pathetic. To be called out for rooting for the team that represents my state for 60 years running, same as my living in the city or county that bears our teams name is so laughable outside little parochial backwaters as this humble message board. Most fellow sports fans and fellow lifers in town I know favor MU over SLU but I know few if any that hate SLU. Seems quite different around here with some toward MU. And if it helps your witch hunt vibes any I would never root for MU over SLU the few times we've been lucky enough to have that matchup.