GDT: Game of the day

slu72

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lancona or Manning need to be utilized more going forward, at least there is upside here. Loe is a lost cause

You mean our leading scorer? You mean the guy who was 100% from the line and 40% from the 3? The guy who shot almost 50% from the floor?

I'm not ready to rename Chaifetz the Rob Loe Arena, but to call him a lost cause because of tonight seems to me to be a bit of an over-reaction to a tough loss.

Had Evans been able to stay out of foul trouble in the first half this may have been a different story. JB - has no business playing at a D1 school who has aspirations of playing with the big boys - slow, can not defend consistently, and afraid to shoot since he can not get wide open. No problem with Loe tonight - without him we are in big trouble. 19 more shots and we lose - incredible. I do not understand why we can not score from the paint or on drives this year - against weak teams it may not be a big deal but as we saw tonight effeciency is important. JM - my wish for him is to handle the ball without dropping it first - he has the hands of stone - not saying we lost because of him but he did not help that much. JJ - what is up with you not being able to score on a drive - just go to the basket they are not calling charges as much. I was disappointed in our overall performance - we better beat ODU or any hope of beating WSU is over.

OK, this is my opinion, we could have won this game if we had been connecting the free throws better. Jett missed 4 free throw attempts, many of the others only made one out of two. We could not score in many attempts. We played well, we did not shoot well tonight. Despite the fouls we could have won this one.

Only 12 to Kaminsky. Do you have a point or were you just taking a random shot at him?

Kaminsky was averaging 17.3 per game so 12 is pretty good. From the feed I couldnt really tell who was who byt I would assume Loe was on Kaminsky.

But hey, its easier to rip Loe than Mccall and Jett so lets just do that.

Kaminsky was averaging 17.3 per game so 12 is pretty good. From the feed I couldnt really tell who was who byt I would assume Loe was on Kaminsky.

But hey, its easier to rip Loe than Mccall and Jett so lets just do that.

Loe was on Kaminsky basically the whole time he was in. Loe also played 9 less minutes than Kaminsky

OK, this is my opinion, we could have won this game if we had been connecting the free throws better. Jett missed 4 free throw attempts, many of the others only made one out of two. We could not score in many attempts. We played well, we did not shoot well tonight. Despite the fouls we could have won this one.

JJ missed 4 free throws at the wrong time

I'm pretty sure this was all Biondi's fault....

Let's just acknowledge that our team didn't shoot well tonight and got the short end of the stick on fouls, several of which were very questionable. Otherwise, we were with them on rebounds, assists, turnovers (2 better), steals (one better), free throws (about 20% better), and we had double the number of offensive rebounds (yes, largely due to missed shots, but at least they were getting to the boards).

Loe was on Kaminsky basically the whole time he was in. Loe also played 9 less minutes than Kaminsky

Thats what I figured.

It seems some people had their mind made up about Loe being awful before game one and no matyer how well he plays they will not be happy.

Its crazy. Of all the things to be upset about tonight Loe is not one of them.

Had Evans been able to stay out of foul trouble in the first half this may have been a different story. JB - has no business playing at a D1 school who has aspirations of playing with the big boys - slow, can not defend consistently, and afraid to shoot since he can not get wide open. No problem with Loe tonight - without him we are in big trouble. 19 more shots and we lose - incredible. I do not understand why we can not score from the paint or on drives this year - against weak teams it may not be a big deal but as we saw tonight effeciency is important. JM - my wish for him is to handle the ball without dropping it first - he has the hands of stone - not saying we lost because of him but he did not help that much. JJ - what is up with you not being able to score on a drive - just go to the basket they are not calling charges as much. I was disappointed in our overall performance - we better beat ODU or any hope of beating WSU is over.

Doesn't it seem like Barnett goes to the basket without any idea of what he is doing? He moves well, but then he just throws it up pointlessly. Remember last year (or was it the year before) he had a breakaway and in the middle of going up, he couldn't decide if he was going to dunk or lay it in and he just flat out missed a wide open layup or dunk. That is the way he looks when he goes to the rim. I just don't get that. Either go hard with a plan or kick it out to an open 3.

no stat sheet in front of me. seemed like we missed shots at every opportunity to make it close late. McBroom is the kid I hated in PE class because he is a ball hog. Loe is what he is. Id kill to give a half time talk to Manning, what a pu$$y. Jett took shots he shouldn't take. jake needs to drop out of school and sell acid at red rocks

Thats what I figured.

It seems some people had their mind made up about Loe being awful before game one and no matyer how well he plays they will not be happy.

Its crazy. Of all the things to be upset about tonight Loe is not one of them.

Agreed. It's absolutely crazy. There's a good chance this will end up being Loe's best overall game of the season.

We should be talking about how our starting back court was only 5-19 and took a lot of terrible shots in the process.

Loe rebounded, had steals, blocked shots against Bowling Green but did not have his stroke. This game he pump faked six times when he more time and height than McBroom. He should have shot more. GG and Jake need to give minutes to Tanner Lancona and Mike Crawford. Loe shot had two feet higher arch than the flat shot of previous games. Wish TL had some chances to shoot

I must admit I was wrong. This game shows that the Bills miss Kwamain Mitchell and Cody Ellis more than I thought they would.

I don't totally agree or disagree. We miss Kwam during times of adversity, such as when we fell behind big. He was a clutch player and was able to calm us down. BUT, McCall and Jett have to be better. It's really as simple as that.

I don't think a classic 2-8 3 point shooting effort from Cody Ellis would've helped us at all - it seemed like that kind of a shooting night

Watched the game from start to finish and here are my thoughts:

We set ourselves up to win this game. The rebounding and turnover margins were both insignificant. Wisconsin shot 47 percent from the field and 33 percent from 3—both percentages we could live with. Additionally, Loe played a decent game. He hit a big three, knocked in his free throw, and was far from a liability on defense or as a rebounder.

What cost us the game, in my mind, was poor shot selection and execution from our guards. McBroom and Jett both misfired on several questionable deep mid-range shots. All four of our guards drove with no destination in mind.

Barnett was terrible. He was bad defensively, and made awful decisions with the ball. He looks like a good high school player trying to compete in an intense D-1 game. His minutes against top-tier teams should come only when we desperately need another guard out there.