Season Prediction Thread

moytoy12

-I would like be in position to have the committee put our first two games at Scottrade, so 29-2 (@RI and @VCU), 3-0, 2 seed, National Champs, I debated this, not very long, but a 2 seed doesn't lose in January in Kingston under normal circumstances so the team has diarrhea on game day from bad seafood the night before and by the time we get to VCU there are no rules changes being called so they dry hump us, CC gets ejected and the next day the A10 issues an apology for the poor officiating

Would we be able to play those opening games at the Scottrade because they are being hosted by the MVC?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought as long as the arena in question is not our actual home court it does not matter. That said, imo, unless we are a 4 seed or better they will never let us play in st Louis.

I thought as long as the arena in question is not our actual home court it does not matter. That said, imo, unless we are a 4 seed or better they will never let us play in st Louis.

This.

If we are a 3 seed or better I could see them letting us play at the Scottrade, but anything other than that and they won't do us any favors. Which is ironic because they have no problem putting teams like Kansas and Kansas State in KC or California in San Jose, but when it comes to Saint Louis in St. Louis we will have to be a top seed IMO.

Its a shame because the only other drive-able location is Milwaukee. The rest likely require flying.

At least there are two easily driveable regional sites (using the proper names for the rounds):

Play-In Games: Dayton

First and Second Round: St. Louis, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Raleigh, Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego, Spokane

Regionals: Indianapolis, Memphis, New York City, Anaheim

Final Four: Arlington, TX

I'd probably drive to Buffalo or Raleigh (in addition to St. Louis or Milwaukee). But I have a 4-5 hour head start on you STL people for those two sites.

Mr. Worldwide doesn't drive. Don't insult us by trying to fit in with us regular people.

• 3 months later...

Thought it would be fun to see where everyone stands on our preseason poll. I'm sticking with mine.

i'm about on track, though i sadly underestimated our billikens. i picked 35-4, national champions. feeling a run-out. i'll take one loss somewhere, though. 37-3, national champions.

Rules on being allowed to play in an arena:

If your school is hosting you can't play there ( we could because the Valley is hosting

If you play more than three games at that court (which is why KU maked a point last year of not playing too often at the Sprint Center

• 3 weeks later...

13-2 non conference

13-3 conference

3-0 conference tournament

2-1 NCAA

31-6

Record could be better, but have to add one loss in non-conference to a bad team and one loss in conference to a bad team. We avoid those two seemingly annual losses in games we should win and we get a better tournament seed. We get a better tournament seed and we advance to the Elite 8.

billiken_roy, on 04 Nov 2013 - 6:39 PM, said:snapback.png

25-10

debbiedowner.jpg

This is why Roy is no longer with us. He is embarrassed about this prediction.........projection?.......prognostication?.........estimation?

26-5, regular season (including Rockhurst).

A10 regular season and conference champions. (3-0 in A10 tourney makes it 29-5).

3-seed in the tournament. 2-1 in the tournament for a final record of 31-6.

Last year's prediction title is on the line, but I'm optimistic.

Like other Brian, I hope I underestimated the NCAA potential of this team.

A-10 tournament is relatively meaningless.

The season can only be considered a success if the Billikens make the Sweet 16.

I believe you are right. Bracket placement will make a big difference on how far we go.