OT WOW

SLU_PT_2k11

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ban him from here? He didn't do anything on here to get banned. Metz is a fool, but being a fool isn't ban worthy IMO. There have been far worse and actually criminal stuff done by SLU grads. Metz posted more offensive stuff about the mods on this board in the past than the stuff he got in trouble for in this case.

Didn't he threaten Steve?

I have rarely agreed with Bobby but charging him with terrorist threats seems like a bit of a stretch. Another case of the:

top_new.jpg

I love when headlines make it sound like the police busted some banal case wide open..

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-arrested-after-st-louis-police-intercept-terroristic-threats-referencing/article_7113e1e0-1bf8-503f-a362-57f6678c48cd.html

They intercepted the threats! Or just typed in twitter.com and saw it?

yah just google saint louis university and there's his face

This is the scariest thing I see when I Google Saint Louis University:

Capture.png

Listen, I don't think Metz was a man capable of terrorism... But the fact of the matter is these mass shootings at VaTech, Newtown, ect, these clearly insane people post this stuff up on the internet before they go off. Metz wasn't heading that way, that's not what I'm saying, but to claim society, or the Nation, or whatever Police force is hypersensitive when this stuff has precedent, is a little off target.

The internet in 2013 is as real a form of media and communication as TV, as newspapers, and as snailmail. Tweeting threatening stuff is the same as sending a threatening letter. Its a forum as public as the street corner, like it or not, to say this stuff and be bewildered by the consequences is beyond me.

Which is just the reason we shouldn't ever see his face near our private University ever again.