The Top 144

brianstl

Joe Welser is doing his top 144 again. Up to #66 right now. I think we have a bit of a wait until we pop up.

Schools of note for us so far...

On Our OOC Schedule

WVU - 110

Conference Teams

St. Joes - 69

GMU - 97

URI - 106

Future A10 Team

Davidson - 105

Former Conference Teams

Temple - 72

X - 76

Big East Teams

X - 76

Hall - 109

Area Programs

Illini - 71

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews

Teamrankings, another betting site, has an interesting analysis of the accuracy of their picks by the months they were made, etc... Check out "Betting picks and odds." This is interesting because it shows most of their picks are not over 60% in accuracy and most are under 50%

• 4 weeks later...

Joe Welser is doing his top 144 again. Up to #66 right now. I think we have a bit of a wait until we pop up.

Schools of note for us so far...

On Our OOC Schedule

WVU - 110

Conference Teams

St. Joes - 69

GMU - 97

URI - 106

Future A10 Team

Davidson - 105

Former Conference Teams

Temple - 72

X - 76

Big East Teams

X - 76

Hall - 109

Area Programs

Illini - 71

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews

They got Mizzery at 37, no mention of SLU yet. I'm guessing we'll be somewhere between 28-20. Let's play the games and find out! Does practice start next week?

Bills in at #21. No VCU yet. Have any of the experts rated us above VCU? Lets see, win the league and the post season tournament, return 4 starters and have a good group of recruits and drop down in rankings, total and conference. Hard to understand.

Speaking of recruits, this rating service sees all of our recruits as having the potential to help this year, including AB. (sorry Roy)

Bills in at #21. No VCU yet. Have any of the experts rated us above VCU? Lets see, win the league and the post season tournament, return 4 starters and have a good group of recruits and drop down in rankings, total and conference. Hard to understand.

Speaking of recruits, this rating service sees all of our recruits as having the potential to help this year, including AB. (sorry Roy)

Who's that?

Who's that?

If you wanted to really make sure that I made a typo, you could always spend a second or two and go to the Top 144 site! I have noticed one thing recently, you are clearly Mr. Perfect who never admits to a mistake. Good for you, you're one of only two people that I see/read about who is always correct,

Congrats.

If you wanted to really make sure that I made a typo, you could always spend a second or two and go to the Top 144 site! I have noticed one thing recently, you are clearly Mr. Perfect who never admits to a mistake. Good for you, you're one of only two people that I see/read about who is always correct,

Congrats.

Interesting rant, Bauman. Defensive much?

My point was (is) that if it really saves any time at all typing the initials rather than the last name of the player, why then add extra time by adding, "(sorry Roy)"? And why is it supposed to be my responsibility to devote extra time to figure out if you made a typo or not?

And I'm certainly not perfect, and I AM willing to admit when I've made a mistake.

So, who's the other alleged perfect person?

My point was (is) that if it really saves any time at all typing the initials rather than the last name of the player, why then add extra time by adding, "(sorry Roy)"? And why is it supposed to be my responsibility to devote extra time to figure out if you made a typo or not?

And I'm certainly not perfect, and I AM willing to admit when I've made a mistake.

A couple of things: Roy and I are very friendly and send private notes to each other often. I appreciate what he brings to the Board and he doesn't need you to help him out. As far as your responsibility to devote extra time, that's up to you, but I bet you have gone to the Top 144 listing and read the Bills analysis.

I liked you better when you were Thicks. You didn't come across as a narcissist like you do now.

A couple of things: Roy and I are very friendly and send private notes to each other often. I appreciate what he brings to the Board and he doesn't need you to help him out. As far as your responsibility to devote extra time, that's up to you, but I bet you have gone to the Top 144 listing and read the Bills analysis.

I liked you better when you were Thicks. You didn't come across as a narcissist like you do now.

So now I'm just trying to feed my own ego?! Wow.

I wasn't defending Roy, at all. I was pointing out that I didn't know to whom you were referring when you typed, "AB," and then called special attention to it. I didn't tease you about it or make a joke, but I said, "Who's that?"

I haven't read the Top 144 piece, so your assumption was in error. If they made some kind of error there, your response (in your initial rant) could have been that they mixed up someone's initials, rather than jumping down my throat.

I'm still thicks, and my personality hasn't changed, but you seem to be a bit snippy or edgy. Perhaps you're as peeved as I am at how the Rams stunk it up today.

I see what you did there