OT: NBA PLAYOFF LOCK OF THE YEAR

MB73

10* LOCK: Miami - 1

San Antonio won the last game by 36, is up 2 games to 1, NBA wants it to go to 2-2:

• going to 2-2 ensures two more games, maybe three; so extra publicity, millions in TV revenue, etc, all upside
  • going to 2-2 is a tight series, ensures more fan interest, as opposed to if it goes 3-1, perception is that it is "over", fans abandon the series
  • Tonight is all about LBJ; he has stated he is personally responsible for the last loss, he will make up for it tonight, he will relentlessly take it to the hoop tonight instead of passing back to foo-foo Bosh all the time
  • Anyone goes near LBJ, it's a foul; Duncan will have 3 right after opening tip
  • Tony Parker has a boo-boo, a sore hammie, he is the key to the Spurs "O", their only true PG, will play but not have the burst for those deadly moves to the hoop, and will have trouble guarding Chalmbers
  • Miami might start Miller, at least give him more minutes, he is on fire from 3 pt land, good move
  • Miami is always strong after a loss, 11-0 recently
  • Think; Spurs won by 36 last game, but Miami is one point favorite; what is the "sucker bet"?

Miami by 8. (Wiz has Miami by 1) Enjoy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 16-1, last year was my first loss.

In the thread I linked to, you said you were 34-3. So, which is it? Or are you only counting 10* LOCKS when saying 16-1? ;)

I will say this, I'm pretty sure you are creating more interest in the game amongst the Billikens.com faithful by creating this thread, just as you did last year. I think this needs to become a yearly fixture!

In the thread I linked to, you said you were 34-3. So, which is it? Or are you only counting 10* LOCKS when saying 16-1? ;)

I will say this, I'm pretty sure you are creating more interest in the game amongst the Billikens.com faithful just by creating this thread, just as you did last year. I think this needs to become a yearly fixture!

Correct.

AND I think they just called a foul on Duncan, 1:43 before game time.

I stated Miami has been 11-0 after a loss recently. The pattern in the playoffs is always play the "revenge team". And that LBJ was vocal about the fact that he was going to take command, he had played poorly the previous two.

So the Heat took it to the Spurs, the refs did not have to be much of an influence. LBJ took charge, Bosh finally battled under the boards, and Wade played through the pain. They needed it. Parker played well, had the bursts he needed with his sore hammie but his minutes seemed limited.

To boot, for those of you living under a rock all your life, they caught an NBA ref cheating recently, though for different motives. In this situation, there are no memos, emails, no smoking guns. In the NBA, MLB, and NHL in 7 game finals when one team is up 2-1, the one loss team tends to win and tie the series 2-2, heightening casual fan interest, ensuring two more games, thus more publicity, more revenue, TV sponsorship $$$, etc. A lot of people are talking about the NBA today, it's 2-2, if it was 3-1, as the announcers said, it is usually "over".

So the refs did not have to get very involved... and no the games are not all necessarily fixed when the series are at the 2-1. I kid about it to some extent... but it is there.

Next game, the play is probably The Spurs, should be "pick 'em", or Spurs -1, probably just 6*, want to hear about Parker.

Then they go to Miami, Miami would have to win two at home, Spurs would need to win one of two. Miami wins the first....

I would think it will go seven games.

I'd like to see The Spurs win game 7, but I do not care that much...

The NBA decides who is going to win it before the season even starts don't they? Isn't this just like wrestling, you have to be athletic and it can be fun to watch, but it's not a real competition

Same way college basketball is fixed. Like when Kentucky plays Robert Morris you know the 'Cats are going to wi... oh wait. But for real though, it's the exception that proves the rule.

i dont really follow the nba much. i really dont care who wins as long as it isnt micheal jordan or magic johnson that wins again.

jimbo, i am pretty sure larry bird retired. he did that one year for the cincinnati royals and hung it up.

Calling out defensive effort...typical of someone who probably hasn't watched a game. I'll agree defensive effort hasn't always there in the regular season. But it isn't there in hockey it baseball all year either. People with this much talent don't need offensive sets...they need ball movement, picks and matchup problems...

Calling out defensive effort...typical of someone who probably hasn't watched a game. I'll agree defensive effort hasn't always there in the regular season. But it isn't there in hockey it baseball all year either. People with this much talent don't need offensive sets...they need ball movement, picks and matchup problems...

It's fuoking boring.

old big east cliche credited to dave gavitt, college about the name on the front of the jersey nba about the back.

i tried to watch some of the game last night and saw lebron maul green on one end and then green return the maul at the other end, no call either way. lebron traveled on his end, and i sure didnt see any defense in the few seconds i stomached. turned it off to watch duck dynasty reruns. sy is far more entertaining.