Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh. sure. of course they are. because they're both tall. what are you, some kind of heightist?

That and I think the poster who really only has posted about Reggie stated something like that when it first came out we were recruiting Ikenna.

They also fit your request for "Moar Afrikanz".

that was/is not a request. a request is "hey, could you pick me up some stamps?" or "we'd be honored if you'd be our child's godfather..." or "please, stop fuoking your sister when your mom and i are on vacation."

that is a DEMAND. MOAR AFFRRRIIKKAAAANZZZZZ!!!1!

Are we interested in Robin Thompson from MICDS? He has offers from Missouri State, Northern Colorado, SIUE, Tennessee-Martin, and Iowa State(?). First team all-metro. Just wondering.

Edit: Listed at 6-6, 220 and still growing. Has size 17 feet. Very, very intriguing.

I like Thompson a lot, but the few times I have seen him he is an undersized PF to me. Don't know how his game will translate should we move to Big East.

I have updates on the offer list. Working on some info on the Interest list now.

Twitter handles for some of the guys in the interest category:

Marcus Bartley - @MC3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham - @JoshMCunningham

Darreon Reddick - @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers - @Cj_Rivers05

Ike Okwarabizie also has an offer from SIUE.

I heard that an offer was made to a 2014 big. Looking at your list, I think the best guess would be Gillman.

Yeah, or Okwarabizie. Haven't been able to confirm yet.

We have 8 confirmed offers, and 1 unconfirmed. Of the 8 offers, 5 are from Illinois (1 MO, 1 NC, 1 MN).

Of the 6 other names I can confirm have interest from SLU, 4 are from Illinois and 2 are from Missouri.

Granted, not all of these kids are local (Chicago, Springfield, Peoria, etc.), but we're recruiting the bi-state region very, very hard this year. This list must have Roy excited in his lady underwear.

It is worth noting that Marcus Bartley said that SLU told him they would offer at the elite camp on June 2.

Yeah, we'll have no fewer than 10 offers out by then if he is correct. I wanted to wait until it happened before I showed it.

I can tell you this local kid has been working out at Simon with the team: from what I saw I sure would offer...

Ikenna Okwarabizie (Ike); Position C, PF; Ht/Wt 6'11"/245; School: St. Louis Christian Academy Cougars

Reggie A. is also on campus working out. Ike is bigger, with longer arms -- that kid is going to be seriously imposing 2-3 years down the road.

Fairly certain I saw him and a couple of his teammates on campus yesterday. Impressive indeed.

We have 8 confirmed offers, and 1 unconfirmed. Of the 8 offers, 5 are from Illinois (1 MO, 1 NC, 1 MN).

Of the 6 other names I can confirm have interest from SLU, 4 are from Illinois and 2 are from Missouri.

Granted, not all of these kids are local (Chicago, Springfield, Peoria, etc.), but we're recruiting the bi-state region very, very hard this year. This list must have Roy excited in his lady underwear.

while i am not a fan of recruiting locally just because they are locals (they need to be at the talent level we are capable of filling a roster) i have long detested the fact we seemed to not even try to recruit locally for those that are worthy. it seems by this list we are trying to be active locally with some pretty good players.

something has obviously changed. both in philosophy and in contacts.

Might just be me, but I don't think he's talented enough to play at this level.

Iowa State does. That's his only offer. Very odd.

He's also at McCluer North now after transferring from MICDS.

while i am not a fan of recruiting locally just because they are locals (they need to be at the talent level we are capable of filling a roster) i have long detested the fact we seemed to not even try to recruit locally for those that are worthy. it seems by this list we are trying to be active locally with some pretty good players.

something has obviously changed. both in philosophy and in contacts.

Agreed. We are in on every kid in Illinois and Missouri now, it seems.

Iowa State does. That's his only offer. Very odd.

He's also at McCluer North now after transferring from MICDS.

He does not actually have an offer from there. Perhaps he did at one point but he doesn't now.