Thanks for A Wonderful Run

aj_arete

This Billiken team brought great joy to me. They've surpassed my favorite SLU team of all time when you had Claggett, Highmark, and the unforgettable Donnie Dobbs. Contrasting that with the overrated Mizzou team and their lack of chemistry and me-first attitudes, it was refreshing to see a group of mature, hard-working, talented players work as a team. One game does not define a team's season. I prefer to look back on their championship season in a conference that was one of the best in the U.S. It was no fluke. This was a special team that just ran into a hot team. Matchups make a world of difference in March Madness and the NCAA committee did them no favors.

Regardless, I look forward to another special run next year where expectations should still be high. Now it's time for baseball and watching the Cardinals do their thing this year!

Good post, AJ. This team was special. And next year shows promise as well. Yeah, it's disappointing to see it come to an end, but it was a whole lot of fun and a great ride while it lasted. I'll give Oregon their due, they were better than us.

Needed to win 2 in the tourney to move forward

Personally, I think winning a much tougher A-10 than last year, and the A-10 tourney, being ranked in the top 15, and earning a 4 seed in the tourney was a step forward. It was one heck of a season and fun to be a part of.

A10 regular season and conf tourney champs,

First time to 28 wins, highest seed in program history in NCAA tourney, back to back seasons with wins in NCAA tourney, all great things to be proud of. Yet I can't help but be utterly disappointed in the way this season turned out. This team should have made the second weekend. Great season, but hard to get the dirty penny taste out of my mouth right now.

Personally, I think winning a much tougher A-10 than last year, and the A-10 tourney, being ranked in the top 15, and earning a 4 seed in the tourney was a step forward. It was one heck of a season and fun to be a part of.

+1

+100000

If some how Ducks win whole thing which sounds less ridiculous now than saying same about us yesterday, and we will be an interesting footnote in a killer comeback season for Oregon anything less and we may be looked at as nothing but this year's Murray State.

The kids played hard and did well all year, it is too bad about the unfortunate ending. The Ducks shot 8-11 from "3" range, we shot 3 of 20, they outrebounded us. The Ducks won fair and square, it happened.

We should congratulate the team on the school record 28 wins, The Conference Champsionship, winning The Conference Tournament and the fact that they all played with class, every game, win or lose. This was our best team in 50+ years.

This Billiken team brought great joy to me. They've surpassed my favorite SLU team of all time when you had Claggett, Highmark, and the unforgettable Donnie Dobbs. Contrasting that with the overrated Mizzou team and their lack of chemistry and me-first attitudes, it was refreshing to see a group of mature, hard-working, talented players work as a team. One game does not define a team's season. I prefer to look back on their championship season in a conference that was one of the best in the U.S. It was no fluke. This was a special team that just ran into a hot team. Matchups make a world of difference in March Madness and the NCAA committee did them no favors.

Regardless, I look forward to another special run next year where expectations should still be high. Now it's time for baseball and watching the Cardinals do their thing this year!

Well stated aj. Thanks for checking in. It was a great season with an unfortunate ending. Hope all is well with you.

The kids played hard and did well all year, it is too bad about the unfortunate ending. The Ducks shot 8-11 from "3" range, we shot 3 of 20, they outrebounded us. The Ducks won fair and square, it happened.

We should congratulate the team on the school record 28 wins, The Conference Champsionship, winning The Conference Tournament and the fact that they all played with class, every game, win or lose. This was our best team in 50+ years.

+1

+1!

Go Billikens! Go Cards!!

Sorry, I could not agree with you. They are not that good. Like Kappy96 says, poor game plan and horrible shooting killed us. I don't see they are better than VCU and we beat VCU twice this year.

Tell us, specifically, how there was a "poor game plan"? Personally, I don't think you understand the statistics of sports.