Oregon: Scouting the Ducks

Pistol

My son lives in Portland, which is a beautiful city. And it's surrounded by some beautiful country. I go out there every summer, and I've got to admit I've never been overwhelmed by the ladies in Oregon. Did Phil Knight import these young ladies from his Indonesian sweat shops?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PAC 12 teams are so far having their way in the dance. But so are our A-10 brothers. I do think the PAC 12 gets overlooked, especially when UCLA isn't in the top 5 every year. I have great confidence in our Billikens, largely because they were mentored by the Obi Wan Kanobe of hoops, Rick Majerus, and they have maturity. Still, this is the dance and anything can happen, ie New Mexico losing to Hahvahd. I do think the maturity factor kicks in here and we win, but it will be a nail biter.

Oregon is just getting started building the bball program. Facilities are in place, new arena, beautiful student academic center, new weight training facilities, etc. Very good coach, still could use a few more fairly dominate offensive players. Honestly, with the early departure of "super stars" to the NBA these days, I'm beginning to think it's not smart to recruit them as they will be "one and done". Rather have good talent that works hard and plays team bball.

Meh, their board has already written us off.

Like this guy:

8 hours ago

WITH A LOSE TO UW AND A FEW QUALITY CONFERENCE WINS, I AM NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. GO DUCKS

I just wish I could see his face tomorrow night when he realizes his team's season is going to end.

black_man_crying-s184x275-251052.jpg

I believe Oregon has the potential to be a very good team, but right now, we have the edge. We have an experienced, veteran team. We have played more good teams this season and have a better record against them. SLU by 8 and another new banner in the 'Fetz next season..

At some point, they pushed this game back an hour. It is now scheduled to tip at 6:10 central.

That's what I've been seeing for 24 hours. When did you see anything different?

I guess I got it wrong.

I think it will be somewhat like the La Salle game. The Bills will let the Ducks hang around through halftime and then throttle them.

It looks like the whole country has underestimated the A-10 this season.

Agreed. This is one possible scenario. I think the worst scenario for us will be like the A-10 tournament VCU game.

Think about VCU and Butler. Both of them had NCAA final four appearance in recent years. La Salle, Temple and Xavier have been very competitive too. A-10 does have some good teams and they are underrated this year for sure. However, it is all about matchup in NCAA tournament, therefore SLU is more likely to have our first sweeeeeeeeeeet 16 appearance.

I believe Oregon has the potential to be a very good team, but right now, we have the edge. We have an experienced, veteran team. We have played more good teams this season and have a better record against them. SLU by 8 and another new banner in the 'Fetz next season..

Duck fan here:

This game is asking a little much of Oregon. I have Saint Louis going on in my money bracket.

That said, Oregon can hang in an ugly game -- especially with cats like Arsalan Kazemi grabbing 15 rebounds or something. Ducks have fortitude, and I like our in-game coaching relative to yours. Will be tough for Oregon to put up more points, no doubt.

Okie Lite looked both slow and soft compared to Oregon; unfortunately I don't expect the same situation on Saturday.

If you see what happened before this, you know why. Here is the link, buddy.

always worth watching that again. conklin's so much business. the second SHAFT went flying, he's thinking, "alright. ok. we'll see about that." not nice, but completely clean. fuoking OWNED.

EDIT: Didn't read the prior posts but I'm gonna leave this up here again anyway because it's fun.

I'm pretty sure SLU basketball put up a private version of this in HD but I can't find it anymore.

"The size, speed and style of each team couldn't be more different. Oregon has surged at the most important time of the season.Those bright green-and-yellow uniforms blurred all over the court against Oklahoma State, and players seemed fueled by a strong Bay Area contingent. HP Pavilion could become an even bigger home-court environment if Oregon fans unite with California fans -- as many on each side have called for across social media -- to cheer for the Pac-12 teams. Cal, also a No. 12 seed, plays fourth-seeded Syracuse in the night session for a spot in the East Regional."I think we're all in this together," Altman said.The attention has even started to go international.Ducks senior forward Arsalan Kazemi said family and friends back home in Iran follow the NBA but weren't always familiar with the fanfare around the NCAA tournament. Now they're staying up at all hours to watch Oregon's games."

http://espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=330820139

So it's SLU vs.The Axis of Evil: Pac-12 and Iran.

GO BILLS!