Oregon: Scouting the Ducks

Pistol

I think it will be somewhat like the La Salle game. The Bills will let the Ducks hang around through halftime and then throttle them.

It looks like the whole country has underestimated the A-10 this season.

I'm not sure that's all that wise. Oregone has done well in the second half. If it's close at the half Oregon is in good shape. They tend to play much better defense in the second half.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that's all that wise. Oregone has done well in the second half. If it's close at the half Oregon is in good shape. They tend to play much better defense in the second half.

I'd prefer it be like the UNM, Butler, VCU, or Washington (last year) games where the game is over by halftime.

WEAK YOUR GOOGLE IS, PADAWAN.

THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE EMBEDDED, AND MUST BE VIEWED IN ITS NATIVE FORMAT. MOTHERFUOKER.

I hope the Ducks wanna play rough today. Thanks for the assist homeboy, bookmarked and emailed to self with ::spankbank:: and ::bonecrusher:: labels.

Here's a "one stop shop" for comparing the two teams. Oregon is surprisingly similar to SLU in scoring--several players averaging around 11 ppg but no single, stand out scorer:

http://billikenball.com/saint-louis-basketball/compare_stats/oregon

Their numbers are surprisingly similar to ours. Definitely an edge in rebounding, but not as significant as with Xavier or NMSU. They turn it over 3-4 times per game more than we do. Their games are slightly higher scoring but the margin is similar. Percentages are close. Interesting.

They're putting too much stock in our Washington loss, so I'm not going to put too much in any of theirs (Cincinnati, @UTEP, @Stanford, @Cal, Colorado, Cal, @Colorado, @Utah).

Good wins over UNLV, Arizona, UCLA twice, and now Oklahoma State. To take a little steam off the "5-1 vs. the top 25" stat, 2 of those were UCLA, 1 was Arizona, and 1 was UNLV (the last was OSU). UNLV is no longer ranked, and both Arizona and UCLA have gone down a decent amount. Arizona is the highest-ranked today, at 21st.

Scoring is very spread out, with 3 guys between 11 and 11.5 PPG. 3 more between 8.7 and 9.4. Kazemi is the biggest matchup problem for us. Their top contributors seem to all be either seniors (Kazemi, Woods, Singler, Emory) or freshmen (Artis, Dotson). So they've got some experience, especially in the frontcourt. We'll need to get to Artis. This is all new to him.

Dotson had 17 in the first game.

Kazemi leads the team in both steals and rebounds, which seems rare. Loe and Remekun need to be tough with the ball when they get it inside. I hope the refs are calling it tight, too.

Their numbers are surprisingly similar to ours. Definitely an edge in rebounding, but not as significant as with Xavier or NMSU. They turn it over 3-4 times per game more than we do. Their games are slightly higher scoring but the margin is similar. Percentages are close. Interesting.

They're putting too much stock in our Washington loss, so I'm not going to put too much in any of theirs (Cincinnati, @UTEP, @Stanford, @Cal, Colorado, Cal, @Colorado, @Utah).

Good wins over UNLV, Arizona, UCLA twice, and now Oklahoma State. To take a little steam off the "5-1 vs. the top 25" stat, 2 of those were UCLA, 1 was Arizona, and 1 was UNLV (the last was OSU). UNLV is no longer ranked, and both Arizona and UCLA have gone down a decent amount. Arizona is the highest-ranked today, at 21st.

Scoring is very spread out, with 3 guys between 11 and 11.5 PPG. 3 more between 8.7 and 9.4. Kazemi is the biggest matchup problem for us. Their top contributors seem to all be either seniors (Kazemi, Woods, Singler, Emory) or freshmen (Artis, Dotson). So they've got some experience, especially in the frontcourt. We'll need to get to Artis. This is all new to him.

Dotson had 17 in the first game.

Kazemi leads the team in both steals and rebounds, which seems rare. Loe and Remekun need to be tough with the ball when they get it inside. I hope the refs are calling it tight, too.

Woods, Austin and Carter can have a big impact inside. Woods can put up 20 very quickly if you don't put the clamps on him

Woods, Austin and Carter can have a big impact inside. Woods can put up 20 very quickly if you don't put the clamps on him

Is Woods an all-or-nothing guy? Had 19 against Washington and his 3 games since then have been 3, 4, and 2. Rebounds were lower in the past 3 games, too.

If you want to beat SLU, you have to do it inside. I think Oregon has the talent to that but I still see SLU winning this game.

Absolutely true. Oregon will be a force in the frontcourt, but they're young and not as deep at guard. Whose mismatch will win out?