Oregon: Scouting the Ducks

Pistol

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you all appreciate our cheerleaders. I've had to google the origins of your team name before. Perhaps one of the cooler nicknames/mascots out there.

How you guys win:

Evans goes off

Force Oregon to TO

And force Oregon to low shooting (honestly which usually isn't a problem with good defensive teams, but guys like Dotson have been playing much better lately)

I still think turnovers decides this game. Both D's are capable in this matchup, but Oregon is notorious for turning it over alot.

I honestly think this game will depend on how your young guards deal with our "grown men" Mitchell, McCall and Jett.

Rammer on 101.1 says the tip off time is 6:10pm - I assume he meant StL time. Silly for him to give us the PTS. I did not see a single charge called in any of the several games I watched either. Somebody needs to show that 56 -44 Oregon stat to our kids - that should get them up. Rammer also said that Oregon is 900 miles - what Altman told him - from San Jose so apparently they did not have a big fan contingent at the game.

That is REALLY good news!!!

Greetings, Duck here interested in learning more about St Louis and sharing what I can about the Ducks. The Ducks played solid defense yesterday, defense specifically designed to handle OSU. Very focused on not letting Smart take control and make things happen. It worked.

Oregon, in my opinion didn't play very well offensively, especially inside. With Artis getting healthy, hopefully he'll soon return to shooting well. He's still not 100%, but he's getting better. Ducks need to stop the turn overs!! Oregon has plenty of depth so not much drop off when giving guys rest. Singler has got to stop turning the ball over and start making the offense more effective.

I really don't know much about St Louis other than some people have you going to the final four.

That is really BAD news...

I didn't think Oregon fans were loud enough to have any real impact on the game. Really sounded like a Duck road game as far as Oregon fans are concerned. I wouldn't expect the crowd to be much of a factor. The game will be decided on the court.

oregon 4-1 vs ranked teams this year. definitely going to be a battle. regarding the matter of us having to play road games against these other teams in san jose, i just have to console myself with the fact that we'll get to rock indy again after we win tomorrow. just sucks that louisville is less than 2 hours away from indy.

We need to drop this St. vs Saint thing it's just stupid. Also big loud crowds for the other team don't bother SLU see VCU in NY, or Hinkle Field House. OU fans aren't known to be all that rowdy anyway something about granola and birkenstocks makes you chillax.

Here's your SLU scouting report:
SLU plays tough man to man defense all the time. The players bought into the system and are usually in position and keep up the intensity. We have the best depth at guard where we rarely turn the ball over even against teams that press like VCU. They have quality possessions and can move the ball well to find the open man.

We have a couple outside shooting big men that can be matchup problems PF Ellis and PF/C Loe. Loe is 6'11 and is not always on but he has the green light to shoot the 3. Right now our best player is undersized PF/SF Dwayne Evans he can get his shot off inside even against 7'5 defenders. His only weakness is 3PT shooting. The other weakness of SLU is in rebounding and Jett's outside shooting. We make up for that by having quality possessions not requiring offensive rebounds and Jett can take almost anyone off the dribble to the hoop and dish some dimes. This is a complete team and will be hard to prepare for in short time because there is no one player or aspect that you can focus on to shut down. SLU can win ugly and it can be clicking and blow out very good teams see UNM, Butler, VCU games. I think SLU wins this one by 7pts.

Greetings, Duck here interested in learning more about St Louis and sharing what I can about the Ducks. The Ducks played solid defense yesterday, defense specifically designed to handle OSU. Very focused on not letting Smart take control and make things happen. It worked.

Oregon, in my opinion didn't play very well offensively, especially inside. With Artis getting healthy, hopefully he'll soon return to shooting well. He's still not 100%, but he's getting better. Ducks need to stop the turn overs!! Oregon has plenty of depth so not much drop off when giving guys rest. Singler has got to stop turning the ball over and start making the offense more effective.

I really don't know much about St Louis other than some people have you going to the final four.

Strong, veteran team with outstanding guards. Led by PG Kwamain Mitchell and Junior Dwayne Evans. Our "bigs" (Loe and Ellis) are not typical in that they both are accomplished outside shooters. Evans is roughly 6'5" (depending on when he last got a haircut) and plays an inside game, but also has a good mid-range jumper. Defense is the calling card of the team. Relentless half-court defense, with strong contributions from Jett and McCall Jr., and we thrive on turning other teams over and keeping damage from the perimiter to a minimum. It's a deep team. Lots of scoring off the bench. 17-1 in our last 18 games with a 5-1 record (I believe) against ranked opponents. Beat New Mexico this year as well as three victories vs. Butler and two vistories over VCU. Lost to Kansas in November w/Mitchell injured. Won the A-10 regular season and tourney.

We need to drop this St. vs Saint thing it's just stupid. Also big loud crowds for the other team don't bother SLU see VCU in NY, or Hinkle Field House. OU fans aren't known to be all that rowdy anyway something about granola and birkenstocks makes you chillax.

Here's your SLU scouting report:

SLU plays tough man to man defense all the time. The players bought into the system and are usually in position and keep up the intensity. We have the best depth at guard where we rarely turn the ball over even against teams that press like VCU. They have quality possessions and can move the ball well to find the open man.

We have a couple outside shooting big men that can be matchup problems PF Ellis and PF/C Loe. Loe is 6'11 and is not always on but he has the green light to shoot the 3. Right now our best player is undersized PF/SF Dwayne Evans he can get his shot off inside even against 7'5 defenders. His only weakness is 3PT shooting. The other weakness of SLU is in rebounding and Jett's outside shooting. We make up for that by having quality possessions not requiring offensive rebounds and Jett can take almost anyone off the dribble to the hoop and dish some dimes. This is a complete team and will be hard to prepare for in short time because there is no one player or aspect that you can focus on to shut down. SLU can win ugly and it can be clicking and blow out very good teams see UNM, Butler, VCU games. I think SLU wins this one by 7pts.

Ok, St. vs. Saint........... Counter point, OU is Oklahoma University. You'll be playing the U of O as in the University of Oregon. It is a touchy issue with Oregon fans. Ganola and birkenstocks translate just fine during football season. Successful bball teams just haven't gotten that support yet for some reason. Maybe one or two more years and some advances to sweet sixteen or elite eight and PAC-12 titles will bring the crazies out for bball.

Yea, I'll be interested in how Oregon handles big guys who can shoot from outside. Center in particular, As for inside Oregon has plenty of depth to make people pay physically for coming inside.

I'm guessing Oregon will play plenty of helping zone defense.

Ok, St. vs. Saint........... Counter point, OU is Oklahoma University. You'll be playing the U of O as in the University of Oregon. It is a touchy issue with Oregon fans. Ganola and birkenstocks translate just fine during football season. Successful bball teams just haven't gotten that support yet for some reason. Maybe one or two more years and some advances to sweet sixteen or elite eight and PAC-12 titles will bring the crazies out for bball.

Yea, I'll be interested in how Oregon handles big guys who can shoot from outside. Center in particular, As for inside Oregon has plenty of depth to make people pay physically for coming inside.

I'm guessing Oregon will play plenty of helping zone defense.

thanks for the info exchange, good to have it out w/ passionate, knowledgeable opposing fans.

now let's get down to ass tacks. how slutty are your cheerleaders? we all know they're hot as ALL get out, but do they put out? i can't really comment on our cheerleaders, as they were still a little woofy when i went to school. now they're the saintsations, and they're much better looking. i hear they're reasonably slutty as well.

have you heard any eiffel tower type rumors about your cheerleaders? anything exciting/extra slutty? it's nice to have a ferrari in the garage, but as ferris bueller can attest, it's a lot more fun to drive it. especially with a friend. and maybe even another chick. who cares if you can't take the miles off?

do they eat duck butter? duck sausage? do they DUCK ON DOWN AND GET THEM SUM!?!?

oregon-cheerleader-and-duckie.jpg

please get back to me at your earliest convenience. thank you.

SLU plays smart. Now look at this message by one of our fans. It is succinct, proper use of colon and uses the word affectation in italics.

This is like SLU basketball. It isn't fancy but it is very effective. We also have a player that can correctly use the predicate in post game interviews. I'm not conducting a scientific poll but I'm not sure many other schools do.

And, to reiterate for an uncountable time: It's an affectation.

8563305706_58cf262785_m.jpg

thanks for the info exchange, good to have it out w/ passionate, knowledgeable opposing fans.

now let's get down to ass tacks. how slutty are your cheerleaders? we all know they're hot as ALL get out, but do they put out? i can't really comment on our cheerleaders, as they were still a little woofy when i went to school. now they're the saintsations, and they're much better looking. i hear they're reasonably slutty as well.

have you heard any eiffel tower type rumors about your cheerleaders? anything exciting/extra slutty? it's nice to have a ferrari in the garage, but as ferris bueller can attest, it's a lot more fun to drive it. especially with a friend. and maybe even another chick. who cares if you can't take the miles off?

do they eat duck butter? duck sausage? do they DUCK ON DOWN AND GET THEM SUM!?!?

Well I honestly wouldn't know, I'm a pretty old guy, it's been a few "decades" since I was an undergrad..... Not that I don't love good looking women, I married into a family of beautiful women. My mother-in-law worked as a model when she was young, my wife modeled in LA when she was young and one of her nieces is currently modeling in LA.

It would be a bit creepy if a old guy like me knew what these young women did with their personal time....

Ha! I have no idea who you are, my friend, but I like your style.