Oregon: Scouting the Ducks

Pistol

Well I honestly wouldn't know, I'm a pretty old guy, it's been a few "decades" since I was an undergrad..... Not that I don't love good looking women, I married into a family of beautiful women. My mother-in-law worked as a model when she was young, my wife modeled in LA when she was young and one of her nieces is currently modeling in LA.

It would be a bit creepy if a old guy like me knew what these young women did with their personal time....

**** OR GTFO. i kid. i kid. good on ya.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that's brutal......... Those kinds of things happen to teams that don't talk on defense. That should never have happened if those guys were playing team defense.

Just in case you didn't know from the video, that screen was the handiwork of Brian Conklin, our leading scorer from last season. Conklin, who was a senior last year and is now playing pro in New Zealand, is from Eugene, OR. He was especially excited about that game, as that was against Washington.

Just in case you didn't know from the video, that screen was the handiwork of Brian Conklin, our leading scorer from last season. Conklin, who was a senior last year and is now playing pro in New Zealand, is from Eugene, OR. He was especially excited about that game, as that was against Washington.

Thank you. Sorry, I thought all Oregon fans had an undying hatred of Washington.

it's funny you say this. Because I actually think that's been the story a lot lately: pretty even for 10-14 minutes, we get a short run, go up by 8-12 by halftime, come out even better at beginning of second half, have a 5-minute lapse where the opponent cuts it down to 6-8 points, then put them out of their misery with a 12-2 run at about the 10 minute mark of the second half.

You are exactly right, those kind of games are much more enjoyable. But everyone remembers shots by guys like Bryce Drew and Keith Smart.

ps: mister glass half empty? really ??

That was sarcasm......

Link to Oregon's results this year:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2483/oregon-ducks

Lost to Cal and Colorado twice each. Also lost to Cincy, UTEP, Stanford and Utah. Three OT losses, as well as a 2-point and a 1-point loss.

They were missing their PG for awhile. Sounds familiar, actually.

LOL........... That explains a lot........ I NOW love that "screen"............. Like they say keep the taildraggers off the white carpet, way from granny's leg and spread papers if you have to let them in the house.

LOL........... That explains a lot........ I NOW love that "screen"............. Like they say keep the taildraggers off the white carpet, way from granny's leg and spread papers if you have to let them in the house.

We do...... see above. I just didn't recognize that it was the seattle taildraggers.

Haha, there it is. Good.

Haha, there it is. Good.

Ever since they voted us OUT of the Rose Bowl in 1948 things haven't been good with the arrogant mutts. What I love is they are stuck hanging on to a football NC that took place before most of today's college football players were born. Making them old old news.............. Damn, you got me started on them......... Got to get them out of my mind and get back to NCAAs........

PAC 12 teams are so far having their way in the dance. But so are our A-10 brothers. I do think the PAC 12 gets overlooked, especially when UCLA isn't in the top 5 every year. I have great confidence in our Billikens, largely because they were mentored by the Obi Wan Kanobe of hoops, Rick Majerus, and they have maturity. Still, this is the dance and anything can happen, ie New Mexico losing to Hahvahd. I do think the maturity factor kicks in here and we win, but it will be a nail biter.

PAC 12 teams are so far having their way in the dance. But so are our A-10 brothers. I do think the PAC 12 gets overlooked, especially when UCLA isn't in the top 5 every year. I have great confidence in our Billikens, largely because they were mentored by the Obi Wan Kanobe of hoops, Rick Majerus, and they have maturity. Still, this is the dance and anything can happen, ie New Mexico losing to Hahvahd. I do think the maturity factor kicks in here and we win, but it will be a nail biter.

As a Duck I'm hoping Dotson, Artis and Singler shoot better from outside tomorrow. Just got to hope the further we get into the tourney, experience will come with wins and be less of a factor. Obviously to do that the Ducks have to win tomorrow and that's a tough assignment.

Prior to hearing from some of these Oregon fans, I have always liked Oregon and their fans. I haven't run into many through the years, but the ones I have were always pleasant, civil, and very informed. I always root for them to come out of the Pac-10.

All this being said, I would much rather be playing a team I cannot stand as it has a lot more enjoyment in it.

In regards to the game, if they bring their "A" game and we do as well, I don't see us losing. Not because they are not good (they were robbed in their seeding), but because we are just that good when we play our game. It will come down to turnovers and if they are prone to turnovers it could be a big issue as we are so good at causing them.

Prior to hearing from some of these Oregon fans, I have always liked Oregon and their fans. I haven't run into many through the years, but the ones I have were always pleasant, civil, and very informed. I always root for them to come out of the Pac-10.

All this being said, I would much rather be playing a team I cannot stand as it has a lot more enjoyment in it.

In regards to the game, if they bring their "A" game and we do as well, I don't see us losing. Not because they are not good (they were robbed in their seeding), but because we are just that good when we play our game. It will come down to turnovers and if they are prone to turnovers it could be a big issue as we are so good at causing them.

Everyone's got some fans that aren't all that great. Ducks included. It just makes sense to have reasonable exchanges rather than talk trash. That's just a waste of energy.