Recruiting - 2013

I went to SLU intent on getting a degree in accounting. But after taking Econ 101, I was hooked. In the old SD school of C&F seeking an Econ degree guaranteed small classes and some really great profs. But the worst class was Fr. Boland's theology class for non catholic HS grads. You try summarizing the Vatican's ecumenical council of Pope John. The good thing was you got graded on how thick your summary was. Mine had a lot of blank pages. You knew this dear old man wasn't reading any of them beyond about 3 pages. Fr. Boland was a good guy who had a lot of good stories about WWII.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notes from ESPN recruiting: Sorry if this has been posted before.

Shooting guard Ore Arogundade said Murray State, St. Louis, Santa Clara and Drake are strong right now. Texas Tech, Xavier, Temple and LaSalle are also looking.

Saintil patient with process

Point guard Hakim Saintil is taking a prep year for one reason: “I felt like I was everyone’s second choice,” Saintil said. Had he picked a school this year, it would have been St. Louis. Now he’s opening up the process with an eye on the Atlantic 10. Tulsa, Florida International and Florida Gulf Coast also earn mention here. You can’t argue with his reasoning; the young man is a good player and wants to be seen as important to a program.

Shooting guard Ore Arogundade said Murray State, St. Louis, Santa Clara and Drake are strong right now. Texas Tech, Xavier, Temple and LaSalle are also looking.

Point guard Hakim Saintil is taking a prep year for one reason: “I felt like I was everyone’s second choice,” Saintil said. Had he picked a school this year, it would have been St. Louis. Now he’s opening up the process with an eye on the Atlantic 10. Tulsa, Florida International and Florida Gulf Coast also earn mention here. You can’t argue with his reasoning; the young man is a good player and wants to be seen as important to a program.

I liked what I saw from Saintil, but I could see how a kid who never felt wanted wouldn't commit. Can't get 'em all.

Good stuff, very interesting. I had a feeling that was exactly what was going on with Saintil. We prioritized Onwuasor and that was clear to him, whether explicit or implicit. He was ready to commit.

I think Onwuasor has a higher ceiling, but Saintil should be a nice college PG. Hopefully we chose wisely. It's hard to see a guy say he wanted to come to SLU when we're sitting on 2 scholarships, uncertain who's going to fill them. I wonder if Saintil will still consider SLU again next season or if he doesn't want to go to a program that didn't prioritize him the first time around.

I'll add the info on Arogundade even though he's on the list.

Good stuff, very interesting. I had a feeling that was exactly what was going on with Saintil. We prioritized Onwuasor and that was clear to him, whether explicit or implicit. He was ready to commit.

I think Onwuasor has a higher ceiling, but Saintil should be a nice college PG. Hopefully we chose wisely. It's hard to see a guy say he wanted to come to SLU when we're sitting on 2 scholarships, uncertain who's going to fill them. I wonder if Saintil will still consider SLU again next season or if he doesn't want to go to a program that didn't prioritize him the first time around.

I'll add the info on Arogundade even though he's on the list.

Hopefully we get RO. I can't see Saintil ever coming here when he was basically treated as second best. He's not a big kid, but neither was Kwamain Mitchell.

Congrats to the staff on getting another recruit. You can credit Mike Lepore with his connections on this one. Oh yeah, Groundhog Day

Ha! Groundhogs day my ass!

For where we started with the interim coaching situation, this class has turned out very nicely.

Ha! Groundhogs day my ass!

For where we started with the interim coaching situation, this class has turned out very nicely.

I agree. This has been a great start for Crews. Make another NCAA tournament and try and load up on the 2014 class.

I agree. This has been a great start for Crews. Make another NCAA tournament and try and load up on the 2014 class.

Like the idea but lets flip it. Load up the 2014 class this summer and during the fall signing period, then make the NCAA tourney and advance to the second weekend. That is all I ask.