Bills and Butler even

The Wiz

First of all, great win by the Bills. ...Great effort, great focus, great atmosphere, great job by JC.

I now have the Bills ranked at 24.

As for the But game, this will be a challenging one to say the least, As well as we have been playing, and with all the big wins(Butler one of them) for this game to be even shows how difficult it will be. I have this as our 2nd hardest game of the year. (KU first). For the naysayers, who say we will whip them easy because we have already done it once....we have to look no farther than Mizz/Fla. In the 1st game at Fl they whipped Mizz by over 30 points. Going back to Columbia, Fla which is a better team than But, loses.

If we can keep focused we win,... maybe even big (double digits) The point is just because we beat them easily last time doesn't mean we win this time automatically.

Positives....Momentum, confidence, a big win against them first time, more depth, playing well, team has jelled.

Negatives...away, Hinkle (tough venue), element of surprise gone...they underestimated us last time...Stevens will make adjustments, may be a slight let down after the big win against VCU...Bills may be drained a bit.

One thing I liked about the VCU game is we controlled the game. We forced them out of their game plan. VCU looked disorganized...yes, even for havoc. If we can dictate the game again, we win.

Just win 2.

Win or lose, as long as it's close I think we'll be ranked. Agreed?

And I think we have all and more that it'll take to go in and beat Butler by 12. I'm predicting a 65-53 win. Hopefully we'll carry a bit of momentum from last night into Indy and now we KNOW we can beat Butler. On the road, a nice win SHOULD bump us into the top 20. All it'll take is our normal lock-down D and if we can hit our threes like we showed we could yesterday, we'll be able to knock the crowd out of the game quick and it'll be another game in the W column.

S-A-I-N-T

Win or lose, as long as it's close I think we'll be ranked. Agreed?

And I think we have all and more that it'll take to go in and beat Butler by 12. I'm predicting a 65-53 win. Hopefully we'll carry a bit of momentum from last night into Indy and now we KNOW we can beat Butler. On the road, a nice win SHOULD bump us into the top 20. All it'll take is our normal lock-down D and if we can hit our threes like we showed we could yesterday, we'll be able to knock the crowd out of the game quick and it'll be another game in the W column.

S-A-I-N-T

Well, I would rank us but I don't vote. It is hard to say if we lost a close one. Remember, some of these writers don't have a clue. Some will still vote VCU above us.

That is why we need to......

Just win 2

It's all about the guards, and ours are better. Yes, we've got to control Clarke from going off, but who plays better D than the trio of KM, MM, and JJ. Still waiting for MM and KM to regain their 3 shot and Hinkle/Hoosier arena would be a good place to find it. This won't be easy but I think we've got most of the matchups going for us against Butler.

I think it'll be a better game than last time out, but the key to this game (as it was in the last one) is turnovers. Butler hasn't been great at taking care of the ball during conference play and SLU is one of the best teams in the conference at forcing turnovers. I do think SLU wins this one, because frankly out of the teams 1-3 at the top of the conference standings, Butler has the least amount of talent among them, and you could probably make an argument that several teams below Butler in the league have better talent as well.

Hoping for a good game this time around. Hopefully you guys can all make it safely to Hinkle and back home, but you're in relative misery when the final buzzer sounds.

Don't think I've ever seen a more overrated team than this Butler team, when you compare the rankings/media perception with the actual play on the court. If you were disappointed in "Havoc" you might want to tune in to Butler @ VCU on March 2nd. Any team with good guards should give Butler a ton of trouble. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them get a 4 or 5 seed and get "upset" in the first round.

Man, everyone's getting cocky. Winning on the road is tough. Winning on the road against a team like Butler is much tougher.

EXACTLY!

While Butler might be 'overrated', and SLU is on a heckuva run right now, Butler is still a good team and playing at home. Whenever you have to play a decent team on the road, the chance of coming back with a loss is always a very real possibility. Obviously, SLU matches up really well with Butler, Butler lacks depth and SLU has already smacked Butler in the mouth once this season. However, nobody should feel like this one is 'in the bag.'

Bills may be drained a bit.

I kind of felt this way, too, but it always feels like SLU has their starters out on the floor because so many of our guys could be starters. I think Crews really played it as best he could, though. You can't have Manning or the walk-ons out there against HAVOCKZKX. They're still not going to win, but they could have gotten things under 10, and then unless you were there, it looks like we didn't beat the everloving SH!T out of them to voters, etc. Pedal to the metal.

Minutes weren't that bad, no one played more than 30. OK, Ellis had 31. He played 30 and his hair played 1.

Dwayne Evans, F 30
Rob Loe, F 17
Kwamain Mitchell, G 30
Mike McCall Jr., G 27
Grandy Glaze, F 13
Cody Ellis, F 31
Cory Remekun, F 11
Jake Barnett, F 16
Jordair Jett, G 25

I didn't get the sense the Bills were playing at a frenetic pace last night. In fact, the opposite, they were pretty calm and collected. I don't think VCU drained them and I don't think they're thinking as cocky as we fans are. These guys are all about getting 'er done. Butler will not be easy, but on paper I think we've got them athletically, a deeper bench, and a D that can slow down anyone. Clarke is the key for them. The kid can launch from anywhere, so it's key we keep him under lock and key.

I stand right next to the tunnel as the team enters and exits and I thought that both at the half and at the end of the game that the team looked to be doing pretty well. Nobody panting or walking through with their hands on their hips. I think jordair can have gasps because he plays so hard but he can recover so quickly. Sometimes I think he looks gassed even in the first 5 minutes of the game when he's obviously not

Just remember what a grind Richmond was and Butler is much better than Richmond. As to the effort expended by the BIlls, maybe you didn't see Jordair doubled over and appearing to gasp for air late in the game.......

It also looked like he had a cramp in his leg that he was trying to rub out.

Man, everyone's getting cocky. Winning on the road is tough. Winning on the road against a team like Butler is much tougher.

Its really not the road I'm worried about, more how comfortable Butler may be at their place, but I don't think Hinkle is going to have a negative effect on us.

In fact, I think the Bills, Butler, VCU, and X for that matter, are all more comfortable playing in 10,000+ noise filled environments rather than some of those cracker box gyms some of the A10 teams out east have. Gimme Hinkle over that pressure cooker at St. Joe's or LaSalle any day. Call it being used to what you know.

The thing about this game is that Butler is going to be LESS flustered than they were at the 'Fetz, not the Bills being MORE flustered. When you have Seniors starting and coming off your bench, mixed with juniors who have been asked to do big things since they were pups, you don't get scared easy on the road. This team sticks together well.

Its really not the road I'm worried about, more how comfortable Butler may be at their place, but I don't think Hinkle is going to have a negative effect on us.

In fact, I think the Bills, Butler, VCU, and X for that matter, are all more comfortable playing in 10,000+ noise filled environments rather than some of those cracker box gyms some of the A10 teams out east have. Gimme Hinkle over that pressure cooker at St. Joe's or LaSalle any day. Call it being used to what you know.

The thing about this game is that Butler is going to be LESS flustered than they were at the 'Fetz, not the Bills being MORE flustered. When you have Seniors starting and coming off your bench, mixed with juniors who have been asked to do big things since they were pups, you don't get scared easy on the road. This team sticks together well.

It's just a crap shoot on the road. Two quick fouls on someone and a bad bounce and your down 5. We are deep enough to play around foul trouble better than I've ever seen a Billiken team but I also remember the Rhode Island game......

I didn't get the sense the Bills were playing at a frenetic pace last night. In fact, the opposite, they were pretty calm and collected. I don't think VCU drained them and I don't think they're thinking as cocky as we fans are. These guys are all about getting 'er done. Butler will not be easy, but on paper I think we've got them athletically, a deeper bench, and a D that can slow down anyone. Clarke is the key for them. The kid can launch from anywhere, so it's key we keep him under lock and key.

When I said a bit drained I wasn't just talking about physical but mental too. Playing VCU is not the same intensity as playing Ford or Duq. physically or mentally (focus). You will notice last night we played hard to the final seconds...no let up.

I don't think they'll be mentally drained. Going to Butler tonight helps keep the concentration. Getting to practice in Indy tomorrow and not worrying about travel is big for focus I think.

Plus I think Crews would like nothing more than to go to Indiana and get a big road win.

That's phase I of werewolf metamorhpisis definitely entering a lycanthropic transformation of some sort.

Also Butler is good they aren't as deep as SLU. They've had a very good season but hit a rough patch due to injury. I really hope the team can be focused. Short trip to Indy is helpful that they don't have to travel too far.

We have this guy:

747129.jpg

Bills by 15.