VCU Board

I read the VCU board and do not believe in registering to troll (or respond -- unless credited with saying stupid things I did not say -- like the idiot on the Bonnies said I did. But he did apologize).

As is always the case, a few idiots like everyone else has. Us too. All I can say is I look forward to the game.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Another VCU fan here. I come in peace, as I've got all the respect in the world for your program.

I'll be honest, this is one of 3 or 4 games I saw as a >50% chance of an L when the schedule came out. If we win, it's a huge bonus, but no knock on us if we don't. On a neutral court I'd say it's 50/50, but perhaps that will be settled in a few weeks.

The key for us is obviously to force turnovers or quick runouts on missed shots and get open looks from deep or Darius to get to the basket. He's great at getting in the lane and finishing. If we do neither of those things we're in trouble. If VCU takes the majority of it's shots within the first 15 seconds of the shot clock that means we're getting clean looks, we'll make more shots, set up the press more, and we're likely to win. If we stall in the half court and take our shots with less than 10 seconds, it's bad news. That's where we get clumsy and take awkward shots. Juvonte Reddic is a beast down low, he's projected as an NBA second rounder in 2014, but if you get him into foul trouble we don't have many others who can establish themselves in the front court. Treveon Graham is our version of Dwayne Evans, a hybrid 3 that technically plays the 4 and will bruise all night. He's also become our go to scorer and will likely be in he NBA by the time he's done in 2015. I have a feeling he's going to the difference maker good or bad.

Looking forward to watching a great atmosphere on TV tonight. Best of luck the rest of the way, I hope you guys make a deep run.

Cheers!

A loss definitely wouldn't hurt you guys. We absolutely dismantled both New Mexico and Butler at Chaifetz and it hasn't hurt them in the rankings. The crowd should be pretty rowdy... I just can't see us losing this one.

Serious hypothetical... Who would win a game of one-on-one to 10pts. A billiken walkon or Brittney Griner?

Billiken walk-on. Women are VASTLY inferior to their male counterparts in virtually all sports. It would not even be that close.

A compost bin is a valuable tool for cultivating any garden. But it is no match for a tractor. One sits there and gestates, the other DOES WORK.

Hey all,

Another VCU fan here. I come in peace, as I've got all the respect in the world for your program.

I'll be honest, this is one of 3 or 4 games I saw as a >50% chance of an L when the schedule came out. If we win, it's a huge bonus, but no knock on us if we don't. On a neutral court I'd say it's 50/50, but perhaps that will be settled in a few weeks.

The key for us is obviously to force turnovers or quick runouts on missed shots and get open looks from deep or Darius to get to the basket. He's great at getting in the lane and finishing. If we do neither of those things we're in trouble. If VCU takes the majority of it's shots within the first 15 seconds of the shot clock that means we're getting clean looks, we'll make more shots, set up the press more, and we're likely to win. If we stall in the half court and take our shots with less than 10 seconds, it's bad news. That's where we get clumsy and take awkward shots. Juvonte Reddic is a beast down low, he's projected as an NBA second rounder in 2014, but if you get him into foul trouble we don't have many others who can establish themselves in the front court. Treveon Graham is our version of Dwayne Evans, a hybrid 3 that technically plays the 4 and will bruise all night. He's also become our go to scorer and will likely be in he NBA by the time he's done in 2015. I have a feeling he's going to the difference maker good or bad.

Looking forward to watching a great atmosphere on TV tonight. Best of luck the rest of the way, I hope you guys make a deep run.

Cheers!

In the past, The Majerus coached Billikens would have tried to slow you down to a crawl and grinded out a half court game. The Crews coached Billikens seem to be a bit less stingy on the defensive end and a lot looser on the offensive side. Unlike year's past, these Billikens are much more likely to drive all the way to the hoop after breaking a press rather than setting up in the half court and grinding it out some more.....

Wasn't your board just talking about how BS that 'stat' of sellouts was? Small stadium, tricky accounting, and you need to give away loads of tickets for free every game (this from your own board). Also, your student body is 22,000+, ours is around 9,000.

No tricky accounting but they did have some promotions during Christmas break last year. I think they had some promotion whre if you brought a canned good to the game you got a free ticket or something like that.

this year most of the season was sold out before the first game so they haven't had to run any promotions.

A loss definitely wouldn't hurt you guys. We absolutely dismantled both New Mexico and Butler at Chaifetz and it hasn't hurt them in the rankings. The crowd should be pretty rowdy... I just can't see us losing this one.

A loss won't hurt us but we need the win to improve our tournament seeding. Critical that we go no worse than 2-1 in our next 3 (@SLU, @Xavier & Butler)

Hey all,

Tutton-

Welcome to the board. However, on a neutral court SLU has a 75/25 chance of winning. At the Fetz its god damn near 100%. You stand no chance and if you think otherwise stop on over to section 108 so we can explain it to you.

Tutton-

Welcome to the board. However, on a neutral court SLU has a 75/25 chance of winning. At the Fetz its god damn near 100%. You stand no chance and if you think otherwise stop on over to section 108 so we can explain it to you.

yeh, come on over, as long as you weigh 120 lbs or less so Backhand can pumme you. Take it like a man.

Tutton-

I'm assuming you are going to let someone else handle your dirty work then, since you are sitting in 118 today.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="NextYearBill" data-cid="343930" data-time="1361295782"><p>

thank you for the quick responses. another hypothetical i pondered over the weekend: 3 random male students plucked from the student section - partnered with Jett and Ellis vs. Baylor womens team</p></blockquote>

Jett, Ellis and the 3 students by a large margin. They would be able to score at will and either one could shut down Griner. I'm taking the walk-on's in your other hypothetical. It really is crazy the athletic difference between men and women.

He'll probably head out to chesterfield and watch it in mom's basement.

Where better to watch it? She knows all the winners already.

Better to watch it on HDTV rather than have to find parking and walk 6 blocks.

TRUTH. Except one thing. I think you guys shifted from a VCU fan to one of ours.

By the way, I just caught up with that numbered post a few pages back. Holy cow, what a read. I could go to Taj-like lengths picking it apart.