GDT: Let's kick some Mass

bonwich

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not a bad night for the crowd either. 8,462 on a rainy Thursday night

Translated, that's 769 more fans than VCU even holds.

That was a good win for St. Louis U, a good win by our veteran, battle tested team. The Billikens came through at crunch time, while UMass went right into the tank.

We have a good team, hopefully NCAA Tournament bound again.

AND! I thought they were really loud and involved for the most part... My section was on its feet quite a bit... and im in a pretty senior citizen section... A lot of it couldve been my broham and I. :)

His suit jacket could double as a king size comforter.

Anybody think maybe Evans is hurt? He's not ballhawking like he used to. He doesn't have the same lift. He's not shooting jumpers at all, only driving to the basket. I don't see him running around screens either. He's been good defensively, maybe better than he was last year, he's just missing something. Maybe he's bogged down in this offense. He doesn't seem to be getting any openings. He's forcing a lot of shots at the rim and he's unable to finish.

DE does seem to be in an offensive funk right now. He's got to show he can hit those mid range jumpers, because it seems when he slashes the D just drops 2-3 guys back into the lane and make life difficult for him. Also, would like to see CE more involved in the offense, but he's not getting many open looks at the 3. Would guess the book on him is play him really tight on the 3 because he won't blow by you with a fake. Staff should look at setting up some off the ball screens for him and get him some backdoor baskets. Overall, great game against the type of team that usually gives us fits, ie quick pressure D with extremely long players. Some of those UMass guys seem to have wingspans of 8 feet. Good to see RL and JJ bringing it last night, especially RL.

I'm glad #1) Morgan got hurt and shortened their bench and did not contribute against us, and #2) that it's now only a knee sprain. Recover, contribute and beat all the teams we need you to beat as we hold the head-to-head tiebreaker here.

That sure buckled like an ACL but also having had a knee sprain, both are "take-your-breath-away" painful. I walked off the court the day I tore my ACL and drove home. Are there nerves in ligaments as in muscle? Just didn't hurt much in terms of post-event pain. Could never run again for some time afterwards though. Never fixed it; at 40, didn't need to be 05 anymore.