Scout Our Opponents Day - Nov 13

kshoe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington leads Albany 60-58 with 1 minute left. The Washington series starting to not look as good as advertised.

Kansas lost as well. Although I would have preferred both teams to win, this gives me a slight bit of hope that we might be able make it through the non-conference schedule undefeated.

Parody --- I guess a whole lot of spoofing going on. Now if it's parity you're looking for well, that's a little different.

What I learend (although I didn't get to devote much time to watching everything due to work issues):

Butler stil can't seem to shoot. Only 36.5% on the day and 22% from three. Only 18 points in the second half. And we al know this Xavier team is not what we are used to. Redford still only shoots the three but appears back from last season's knee injury recovery. Dee Davis is not that good at the point. Only two bench points not counting Redford's three treys. Where is this big Xavier recruiting class in Christon, Davis, Reynodls and Farr? Christon got 27 minutes but only Farr saw a mop-up minute at the end. Taylor, Martin and Robinson along the front line don't impress me much although they did handle Butler. If Christon is the A10's best recruit, he'll have to come a long way. Butler was awful --- the greatest shooter in th e land, Rotnei Clarke, was 3 of 11 with 1 of 7 from three-point land. Marshall and Jones, all preseason A10 selects by some, have a ton of room for improvement. Was it all due to playing at X? Did that game count in the A10 standings?

Umass is still freaky athletic but I am with kwjybo on questioning Kellogg's ability to control this circus. Umass escaped with one there. And Harvard was out its two best players and playing in Amherst. Vinson was his usual enigma self. Williams shot 6-of 15 but with 10 assists. Jesse Morgan took 18 shots. And they win on a shot by a guy who was scoreless to that point. Prayers answered.

Scootie Randall is ready to play and make up for lost time. He and Holis-Jefferson have that kind of height/weight combo that gives other A10 teams fits when trying tomatchup and cover. Thanks to bizz on the Wyatt update. I think Temple will play a very short bench but with Holis-Jefferson, Randall, Wyatt and Lee, they will still be a load to handle. Temple is still Temple and Fran Dunphy knows what he is doing.

More how some things never change --- Gaston scores in double figures and Fordham still loses. A constant.

Yeah, VCU lost but it appears they just ran out of time and the team making the last shot won. VCU went to the line for two to tie with a half-second to go and missed the first or they still might be playing. HAVOC actually had more turnovers than Wichita did and this so called top recruit Jordan Burgess didn't get off the bench.

And Richmond is always a scary place to play at. I said that in the prediction thread.

What I learend .. the usual ..... the A10 will be unpredictable, every team can offer a game every night, and the winner will win all their homes, make the most of their road games at weak opponets, and there will be upsets on any given night. Xavier looked better than I thought, I don't think they are THAT good. Temple was Temple and cannot be overlooked. Richmond is too soon to call. And VCU and Butler stumbled badly -- Butler ebcause they were awful and VCU because it was at home. Going to be a great year following A10 ball.

7 seconds left. Albany ball down 1.

Albany ranked #231 by Pomeroy. Not sure how the Wiz sees them

No matter how you look at this, it is an upset. Even with sketchy data at this point of the season it is still an upset. Washington has a B+ ranking ...Albany has a C- ranking.

That's why you play the game.

VCU will be without four-star recruit Jordan Burgess for academic reasons in 2012-13.

contrarily, five-star recruit and reigning miss volleyball USA, jordan burgess, is 18 years old and ready to get her knees dirty for stanford.

and the bills crush the a-10, blah blah blah...

Posted Image