Scout Our Opponents Day - Nov 13

kshoe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is a great day to scout our future opponents.

All on ESPN:

7 AM NIU at Valpo

9 AM Harvard at UMass

11 AM Temple at Kent St.

3 PM Butler at Xavier (I assume this considered a non-conference game)

6 PM Michigan St. at Kansas

Also New Mexico vs Davidson at 2am and VCU vs Wichita St at 7 pm on ESPNU

I was talking to some UMass fans this weekend and things are a little shaky there right now because of some "internal" issues. They benched 3 players for their exhibiition against the AIC Yellowjackets because of unspecified team issues. In that game, Freddie Riley took advantage of more playing time by jacking a lot of crappy shots and causing more "team" issues. This could all be sorted in time for game time in over an hour but something is going on right now (I will not say much more but UMass appears to be hurt, at least temporarily, by the loss of some assistant coaches--Kellogg might be able to get things together but it looks like it is going to be bumpy at the start).

If I was coaching a SLU game for 10am, I would want Luther Burden playing.

North Texas lost last night to a D2 team so we can probably scratch them off as one of our big non conference opponents.

wow that's weak, but I feel as long as you play a team with a lottery pick on it, you should watch out just a bit.

North Texas lost last night to a D2 team so we can probably scratch them off as one of our big non conference opponents.

You think N Tex is weak....wait till you see UT-Martin, one of the worst teams ever. They make N Tex look like Kansas.

Btw...SIU is not much better than UT-M

Every good team is bound to have an off day. North Texas is a good team. Don't let last year's Mean Green record fool you. They will probably win their conference and go to the Dance, and will count as a top 100 win for us in March. Niko Stojiljkovic (had 10 boards against Troy two years ago)vs. Rob Loe will be a fun one. I'm taking nothing as a given this year, except that there will be some stupid sh!t posted on this board throughout the season.

Every good team is bound to have an off day. North Texas is a good team. Don't let last year's Mean Green record fool you. They will probably win their conference and go to the Dance, and will count as a top 100 win for us in March. Niko Stojiljkovic (had 10 boards against Troy two years ago)vs. Rob Loe will be a fun one. I'm taking nothing as a given this year, except that there will be some stupid sh!t posted on this board throughout the season.

I agree that N Tex is a decent team....about a C+ at this point. No shame in losing to Div II Alabama -Huntsville ...#3 in the nation-Div II.... Ala-H could beat a lot of Div 1 teams.

I agree that N Tex is a decent team....about a C+ at this point. No shame in losing to Div II Alabama -Huntsville ...#3 in the nation-Div II.... Ala-H could beat a lot of Div 1 teams.

I'd say North Texas and any D1 team losing to a D2 or NAIA team is below average, just my opinion.(my previous post was poking fun at some posters on this board)

Scootie Randall throws down 31 as Temple romps at Kent State 80 to 66. Five-of-12 from three point land, 10-of-19 overall. TJ DiLeo and Dalton Pepper got more minutes at guard than either starter Khalif Wyatt or Will Cummings. That's interesting. If DiLeo is your third-leading scorer for the year, you got trouble.

Wyatt had six assists and only one personal foul yet played only 17 minutes. Hmmmm?

Scootie Randall throws down 31 as Temple romps at Kent State 80 to 66. Five-of-12 from three point land, 10-of-19 overall. TJ DiLeo and Dalton Pepper got more minutes at guard than either starter Khalif Wyatt or Will Cummings. That's interesting. If DiLeo is your third-leading scorer for the year, you got trouble.

Wyatt had six assists and only one personal foul yet played only 17 minutes. Hmmmm?

From my understanding, Wyatt tweaked his hamstring early in the game and had to come out for a bit. He was able to return in the 2nd half so apparently it isn't serious.