Schedule

Fansince59

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 11 non conference games set. Last season we played 14 so you have to think we have at least 3 more games to add to our schedule.

Now I know the athletic department has a lot going on right now, but I feel like our non conference schedule should be announced by now. I know some teams announced their schedule in mid July.

Only 5 A10 teams have not announced their non conference schedule yet. I guess we're trying to be last again though.

The A10 should be announcing the conference schedule this week.

dont forget that steve begins tracking uncovered dates on the home page at http://www.billikens.com/ most of our non-conference schedule has been solved and posted there.

Good God our OOC is weak. If we have more than one loss before the conference season then I think I would consider that a dissapointment. at Washington, New Mexico at home, Kansas, Valpo. We should win 3 of those.

The rest of the schedule at a glance looks like the only drama is watching to see if we are going to cover 12-15 point lines.

Wow.

Good God our OOC is weak. If we have more than one loss before the conference season than I think I would consider that a dissapointment. at Washington, New Mexico at home, Kansas, Valpo. We should win 3 of those.

The rest of the schedule at a glance looks like the only drama is watching to see if we are going to cover 12-15 point lines.

Wow.

Try 20+ point lines over North Texas, UT Martin, Savannah State, SIUC, SIUE, Eastern Illinois.

Only 5 of these games should be close (New Mex, TA&M, KU/Wash St, Valpo, Washington)

1:30PM start time for Senior "Night" vs La Salle.

9PM start time for Butler.

Try 20+ point lines over North Texas, UT Martin, Savannah State, SIUC, SIUE, Eastern Illinois.

Only 5 of these games should be close (New Mex, TA&M, KU/Wash St, Valpo, Washington)

1:30PM start time for Senior "Night" vs La Salle.

9PM start time for Butler.

According to Tommy T. the Washington game starts at 11 P.m. St. Louis time.

We have 1 true non-conference road game. The Tournament committee is going to make us earn our seed. I always used to get riled up about the BCS conference schools that did that; now we're doing it. Maybe that means we're not a mid-major after all, eh?

That said, we need to be 3-0 heading into the Tuesday game of the CBE Classic- hopefully vs. KU. We need to be 4-1 or 5-0 heading to Washington. And we can't afford more than one loss in that incredibly long home stretch, from 12/2 to 1/10. If we're any worse than 12-3 heading to Temple, that will be a disappointment. I'd feel good about 13-2 and ecstatic if we're better than that.

This schedule certainly gives us the opportunity to finish with 5 or fewer regular season losses, but it doesn't give us much room for stumbles. Here's to hoping we plow through it.

Well, no surprises and yes our OOC schedule is as weak as feared.

Couple things that jumped out at me:

- Our first conference game isn't until Jan 10. Last year is was Jan 4. Looks like the regular season goes a little later this year so it certainly makes sense.

- The Feb 19 home game vs. VCU followed by a Friday night game at Butler on ESPNU is good stuff. A road trip to Indy for the weekend could be fun.

- Looks like the Jan 23/26 games at Duq and St. B will be a single road trip. They may do the same for the Fordham/Richmond games on Feb 6/9

As far as t.v., it looks like we'll be on nationally at least 10 times (2 from the CBE, 6 on CBS Sports Network and 2 on ESPNU). I have no idea what A-10 TV is and last year CBS Sports Network Regional only meant Charter would show the game so I don't count those as national. Anybody know what A-10 TV is? Hopefully May will find a way to get us on t.v. for the remaining road games, especially the Washington game.

-

By the way, I don't like the move from 11/9 to 11/12 for the USC-Upstate game. More time to practice, but I'd rather see 2 days between that and the Santa Clara game.

That 10-day stretch between North Texas and UT-Martin is going to feel like forever. This board will surely descend into madness in that time. We also have week-long stretches between Temple and Rhode Island (1/12-1/19) and Richmond and Charlotte (2/9-2/16). Three stretches of one week or more without a game seems like a lot.

Another thought: given the fact that we have 2 neutral games and 1 road game, if by some chance we lose the Texas A&M games or Kansas loses to Washington State and we win the first game, our SOS will suffer a huge blow if Kansas ends up not being on the schedule.

By the way, I don't like the move from 11/9 to 11/12 for the USC-Upstate game. More time to practice, but I'd rather see 2 days between that and the Santa Clara game.

That 10-day stretch between North Texas and UT-Martin is going to feel like forever. This board will surely descend into madness in that time. We also have week-long stretches between Temple and Rhode Island (1/12-1/19) and Richmond and Charlotte (2/9-2/16). Three stretches of one week or more without a game seems like a lot.

-those long stretches between games will need to be used wisely by the staff, wish Rick would be there to guide those

-when does the underlined ever happen??? :o