Haith gets key to St. Louis...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Miami allegations just vanish into thin air? That was a big story about a year ago. And now nothing. If indeed it's proven Haith passed out thousands of dollars, you'd have to think he's in for a Tressel like punishment/exile.

Rick Majerus is a proven cheater:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/600110100/New-details-emerge-on-Majerus-era-violations.html

Guy wins one NCAA game in 5 years at SLU and he's annointed.

The allegations about Haith are so far just that, allegations.

You guys don't have clean hands with your coach.

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/McKernan/tabid/61/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/7203/Character-And-Crises.aspx

And, what does Haith do when word of this story breaks?

Well, here's what Mike DeArmond of The Kansas City Star tweeted on the topic:

"MU hoops SID was hung out to dry in defending Haith. Live and learn. But, lay off the kid. Haith used him."

According to Vahe Gregorian of The Post-Dispatch when appearing on The ITD Morning After, when Yahoo! Sports called Missouri to get a comment on their story, no one in Columbia had seen a copy of it. So, they---the administration and Haith---didn't know that Haith was clearly mentioned in it a number of times. And, they didn't know that the story had phone records and pictures to corroborate Shapiro's claim that he knew Haith.

And, what does Haith have Dave Reiter and the University of Missouri send out to the world?

"We've had a chance to talk to Coach Haith, and he's had no involvement with this Mr. Shapiro guy."

Perfect.

Except...he's clearly had dinner with, donations from, and texts and calls with "this Mr. Shapiro guy."

Haith didn't just throw Reiter under the bus. He threw the University under the bus. He threw the program under the bus.

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/McKernan/tabid/61/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/7203/Character-And-Crises.aspx And, what does Haith do when word of this story breaks? Well, here's what Mike DeArmond of The Kansas City Star tweeted on the topic: "MU hoops SID was hung out to dry in defending Haith. Live and learn. But, lay off the kid. Haith used him." According to Vahe Gregorian of The Post-Dispatch when appearing on The ITD Morning After, when Yahoo! Sports called Missouri to get a comment on their story, no one in Columbia had seen a copy of it. So, they---the administration and Haith---didn't know that Haith was clearly mentioned in it a number of times. And, they didn't know that the story had phone records and pictures to corroborate Shapiro's claim that he knew Haith. And, what does Haith have Dave Reiter and the University of Missouri send out to the world? "We've had a chance to talk to Coach Haith, and he's had no involvement with this Mr. Shapiro guy." Perfect. Except...he's clearly had dinner with, donations from, and texts and calls with "this Mr. Shapiro guy." Haith didn't just throw Reiter under the bus. He threw the University under the bus. He threw the program under the bus.

If Haith violated rules I hope the NCAA nails him and I hope MIzzou fires him. The funny thing is, I along with most Mizzou fans I know, was distraught over his hire. Pretty much anything he does for the good is gravy. He was a lousy hire that might turn out great, he might flop, or he might go down in NCAA violation infamy. I really have no idea.

What I do know is Mizzou will always be the premier basketball program in Missouri.

If Haith violated rules I hope the NCAA nails him and I hope MIzzou fires him. The funny thing is, I along with most Mizzou fans I know, was distraught over his hire. Pretty much anything he does for the good is gravy. He was a lousy hire that might turn out great, he might flop, or he might go down in NCAA violation infamy. I really have no idea.

What I do know is Mizzou will always be the premier basketball program in Missouri.

Just like you knew Mizzou got screwed with a 2-seed. How did that work out?

It is just dumb to post this topic in the first place. Mizzou fans obviously will comment and then SLU fans will fire back. How about not posting this stuff if you don't want to hear about Mizzou, whether good or bad. Problem solved but people want to only have it one way, either completely bashing or completely loving them

I am a fan of both schools so I must be Judas in everyone's eyes. I just don't see why everyone has to be on one extreme or another. Quit posting about Mizzou and the posts and stuff you ***** about will be gone

I posted it because as a fan of Saint Louis University in St. Louis, I am angry about mizzous coach getting a key to the city when SLU's team made it farther into the tournament. And the mayor of st. Louis is a SLU grad. Clearly, others are angry as well.

Self is dirty? prove it *****. You can't, but I can prove your coach is dirty. Now about this great day to be a Tiger.

1. Finished in the middle of the pack in football.

2. Best year in basketball in a decade but still finished S E C ond place to the Jayhawks by 2 games

3. S E C ond round participant while you're mortal and moral enemy goes all the way to the finals

4. Moved to the SEC for the money but will make 7 million dollars less per year because of the new Big 12 deal.

5. Replaced by Clemson and Florida St.? Lots of smoke means fire.

Self is dirty? prove it *****. You can't, but I can prove your coach is dirty. Now about this great day to be a Tiger.

2. Best year in basketball in a decade but still finished S E C ond place to the Jayhawks by 2 games

3. S E C ond round participant while you're mortal and moral enemy goes all the way to the finals

4. Moved to the SEC for the money but will make 7 million dollars less per year because of the new Big 12 deal.

Just look at the kid from StL - Mclarmore - RM said that he looked at the kid's transcript and there was no way he could ever get into a NCAA school without first going to a Jucco - there is my proof. This not the first kid Self sneaked in like this either.

It is just dumb to post this topic in the first place. Mizzou fans obviously will comment and then SLU fans will fire back. How about not posting this stuff if you don't want to hear about Mizzou, whether good or bad. Problem solved but people want to only have it one way, either completely bashing or completely loving them

I am a fan of both schools so I must be Judas in everyone's eyes. I just don't see why everyone has to be on one extreme or another. Quit posting about Mizzou and the posts and stuff you ***** about will be gone

Hey he came on here and started the trash talking. And the premiere bb program in Mo last year was the Billikens followed by Norfolk State.

Just like you knew Mizzou got screwed with a 2-seed. How did that work out?

You go to the NCAA enough it happens. You guys go once about every decade. You win a game and you confuse that with success. Missouri made the elite eight just a few years ago.

"What I do know is Mizzou will always be the premier basketball program in Missouri."

Nothing says "premier basketball program" like 3 elite eight appearances in more than 70 years and 0 final four appearances.

M

You guys are worse. Really, we have to debate that? The premier team in Missouri is not like the premier team in other states, but we are that. And you and your fat loud mouth NCAA violating coach know it. And it drives you all crazy.

Prive it *****? I like the ghetto talk. Were you one of those SLU players that pullled the train on the intoxicated sorority girl?

There's a lot to know about Self. Here's just a snippet:

http://deadspin.com/...hen-he-wants-to

A coach at Missouri or SLU or any number of other places does this stuff and its a major problem.

I actually respect Self a lot. He gets players and he wins. And he can coach, no question. He wanted to come to Mizzou but the idiot Alden hired Snyder instead. Self even gets players from Chicago with lots of baggage, like Sherron Collins. Calipari gets players from Chicago. Weber couldn't. Everyone knows Chicago is pay to play. Self had some issues with the compliance department at Illinois. He doesn't have those issues at KU. He also gets players eligible. McLemore is the most recent example. I heard he has a 3.0 at KU. He get barely get through Wellston/Normandy. That's great, he's made tremendous progress. The Morriss thugs are another example.