CBS Sports reports ..

Link?

Twitter:

45]

Posted ImageJeff Goodman @GoodmanCBS

Who is next for SMU now that Rick Majerus is out of the equation? Maybe Oral Roberts' Scott Sutton.

45]

17mPosted ImageJeff Goodman @GoodmanCBS

Rick Majerus has spurned SMU, sources told CBSSports -- and will remain at Saint Louis.

Majerus turns down SMU to remain at SLU.

Good news. Hopefully we don't have to worry about replacing him again for at least another 5 or 6 years. I also hope Chris Harriman stays with us and learns enough in that time from Majerus to take over when he retires.

I wasnt to worried but it is still good to hear.

Now we can get back to the important stuff like:

-How will SLU win without Moser?

-When will Majerus start to recruit local kids?

-MVC vs. A-10

-Who would win in a fight between Matt Dickey and John Stamos?

Good news. Hopefully we don't have to worry about replacing him again for at least another 5 or 6 years. I also hope Chris Harriman stays with us and learns enough in that time from Majerus to take over when he retires.

I like Harriman too. He's the key to recruiting our soft southern-hemishere players.

Great to hear. It never made sense. I suspect RM has relayed it to the players as something that wouldn't happen but he was using it to get more flights, etc. If done properly, there won't be any hard feelings.

After reading how close he is with the SMU AD I'm beginning to think he never was planning on leaving or using SMU for leverage. Call me crazy but I'm betting Majerus took the visit as a consultant. I might be way off but I think both SMU and RM plan was for him to take the meeting and give his opinion on what direction to take with their search.

Hopefully, this whole deal will serve as a wake up call for Fr. B and May to give this guy, who may turn out to be the most successful coach in SLU's history, the resources to do the job right.

-so is this a wake up call for all fans to buck up? increase from those that currently give and for those not giving to get out the checkbook? does it come down to money?

I wasnt to worried but it is still good to hear.

Now we can get back to the important stuff like:

-How will SLU win without Moser?

-When will Majerus start to recruit local kids?

-MVC vs. A-10

-Who would win in a fight between Matt Dickey and John Stamos?

as to the first question, I have no idea...we saw how the program spun out of control with failure in Moser's first year away from the program. I only imagine it will get that much worse this year. Moser was Billiken bball and now its nothing.

Awesome way to start the morning. But geez, only an idiot would turn down that much money. :rolleyes:

Look - you can not take it with you - so at this point in RM's life, he probably does not need the money and has no one to give it to other than charity or maybe some extended family. The point is he has about 5 years of coaching left and why would he want to make those years a hard go? - he would not. He has SLU where he wanted them - a year later due to the incident - but nonetheless he is now here. As far as working things out about the other things as SLU - I would think that the money we will be getting for the next 5 years from our NCAA appearance can more than cover those needs and bump his salary if that is important to him or not and still give some extra money to the non - revenue sports which at this point is better than a poke in the eye for them.

After reading how close he is with the SMU AD I'm beginning to think he never was planning on leaving or using SMU for leverage. Call me crazy but I'm betting Majerus took the visit as a consultant. I might be way off but I think both SMU and RM plan was for him to take the meeting and give his opinion on what direction to take with their search.

If this was the case then he would not have needed permission to talk to them.

Look - you can not take it with you - so at this point in RM's life, he probably does not need the money and has no one to give it to other than charity or maybe some extended family. The point is he has about 5 years of coaching left and why would he want to make those years a hard go? - he would not. He has SLU where he wanted them - a year later due to the incident - but nonetheless he is now here. As far as working things out about the other things as SLU - I would think that the money we will be getting for the next 5 years from our NCAA appearance can more than cover those needs and bump his salary if that is important to him or not and still give some extra money to the non - revenue sports which at this point is better than a poke in the eye for them.

You must have missed the :rolleyes: indicating sarcasm...

I agree, hence the eye roll.

This was directed at some on this board who insinuated that he would be an idiot not to take the money and run.

I agree, hence the eye roll.

This was directed at some on this board who insinuated that he would be an idiot not to take the money and run.

I think it was just wishful thinking on the part of one individual who wanted RM "to take the money and run." Apparently, he doesn't like NCAA Tourney appearances. ;)