What if he goes. . .

SLU7881

Horace was the icing on the cake of probably the worst recruiting class in SLU history. Maguire, Knollmeyer, Dixon, and Obi. And two of those guys were 3 star recruits. Looking back it shows you how useless "stars" are.

And didn't that class also include a JUCO PG who didn't qualify to transfer to SLU and ended up at UW-Green Bay? I think his name was Brandon Alexander or something like that.

And didn't that class also include a JUCO PG who didn't qualify to transfer to SLU and ended up at UW-Green Bay? I think his name was Brandon Alexander or something like that.

You mixed the names of the TWO players who Sodie signed who couldn't get into school... Brandon Morris and Antwan Alexander.

You mixed the names of the TWO players who Sodie signed who couldn't get into school... Brandon Morris and Antwan Alexander.

Yeah, that's right. I had completely forgotten about Antwan Alexander. Almost had forgotten about Brandon Morris.

Morris was from the '03 class. He and Darren Clarke (the infamous "F'er from Minnesota") were the early signees from that class. Morris was supposed to be a solid point guard for us, until he didn't pass enough classes to transfer into SLU. For those who don't know, that was the same year Blake Ahearn was a recruit. As bad as the early signees for that class turned out, the signees from the Spring brought us Ian Vouyoukas and Bryce Husak.

As I said, I had forgotten about Alexander. He was part of the '04 class. Was supposed to be a very athletic guard from Indianapolis via a juco. Signed in the Spring, found out he wouldn't qualify in July. Actually, when Alexander was release from his LOI due to not getting admitted/qualifying, SLU filled that spot by signing Danny Brown.

I'm going with the high scoring guard from NYC that I think Spoon signed. Maybe Ricky Cranford. Who he played to score 30ppg or something close I don't know, but I do know if we had a ref to call walks I'd have beaten him by at least a 2-1 margin. F..k I think Roy would have gotten him

I'm going with the high scoring guard from NYC that I think Spoon signed. Maybe Ricky Cranford. Who he played to score 30ppg or something close I don't know, but I do know if we had a ref to call walks I'd have beaten him by at least a 2-1 margin. F..k I think Roy would have gotten him

Cranford might have been the most disappointing SLU recruit in my tenure as a fan. As you said, he led NYC in scoring in high school, went to prep school for a year and scored a bunch there too. I thought we were going to have an embarrassment of scoring riches with Hughes returning, adding Cranford (who at the time I figured would compete with Hughes for points scored, plus we had Justin Love coming in. Cranford couldn't play in an organized offense. He did end up doing well at Northeastern.

Cranford went on to become an all-conference player at Northeastern. I believe he averaged 16 ppg one season. He may have been fine if he stuck around. We've had a LOT of worse players over the years.

So to recap Sekue isn't even in the conversation for worst recruit ever..................

We should probably devote a thread to the worst five... Obi, Horace, Eric Jones, Greg Hardin, Barentine, JJ Halliburton, Anthony Mitchell are all in the conversation. I'll think of others.

What if he goes...

What if he stays...

Those two topics alternating at the top of the page are really cracking me up. All I know is omebody needs to load DAT DUDE Majerus up with lobster and cognac and Ashley Judd Fleshlight® inserts and make him feel appreciated.

WORST recruits ever is such a subjective term. And as 05 will attest, getting me started on a walk down memory lane is apparently NOT a good thing. Frankly, I don't think there are enough slots available for an All-Worst SLU recruiting team. We might be able to field a college football team by the time we filled that list out.

What if he goes...

What if he stays...

Those two topics alternating at the top of the page are really cracking me up. All I know is omebody needs to load DAT DUDE Majerus up with lobster and cognac and Ashley Judd Fleshlight® inserts and make him feel appreciated.

Early consideration for post of the year.......................